Alexa Linden

Bakes on Mesh Feedback Thread

Just now, Fionalein said:

I think you missed a critical step - wouldn't the skin also be painted on the outer layer then?

Yes, as I mentioned before.

46 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Yes, as I mentioned before.

my bad... indeed you did

when is this coming out to normal viewer like sl viewer and firestorm viewer? i know i am asking hope else question 

I know i have to wait!

2 hours ago, Vellie Wasp said:

when is this coming out to normal viewer like sl viewer and firestorm viewer? i know i am asking hope else question 

I know i have to wait!

Third party viewers (all of them) tend to have fewer actual releases than LL, simply due to them being volunteer projects, as such big Linden features tend to be held back till they are 99.9% finished. Release days are crazy enough for ourselves and firestrorm already without having to do it all again, in a panic, 2 days later because of a last minute LL change.

Ya know, something I've wondered about a few times, I recall some mentioning that there was some initial thing they tried that just wrecked havoc on older viewers, and I kind of wonder just how old of a viewer where they talkin 🤔

I have been testing with 6.3.0.528495 viewer for a few days now and I really am impressed at how well BoM works. I have 1024 skin Textures and they pop on a mesh body. Better made Tattoos are amazing. High quality texture clothing looks better than with appliers. Several under garments added like stockings and panties are no problem. I have nothing but problems with more than one applier at a time in a mesh body hud. It took me awhile to figure it it out because nobody seemed to know anything about it. Now I know what works and plan on trying new Ideas I have. I used copies of my body and head for BoM outfits so I can switch back and forth seamlessly with no weirdly colored mesh parts. I will happily share what I learned with anybody that would like that. The top is mesh, the skin, Capri pants, stockings, panties (under Capri pants) are system textures. I made the skin in 2013 and did it over in 1024 textures for this.

AA-Ory-BoM.png

• Like 4

Supposedly there was a "Bakes on Mesh Review" meetup scheduled for today? I've not seen any mention of such anywhere else.

"Note: there is a Bakes On Mesh review meeting scheduled for Friday, July 19th, at which the issues mentioned in the first bullet point will be examined. If these are determined to be edge cases, and no other issues are noted, the Bakes on Mesh project is liable to be moving to release status “very soon”. Creator wishing to test the capability are therefore asked to download the Bakes On Mesh RC viewer and use it and report and bugs or issues they encounter “right away”."

From one of Inara's recent blog posts

https://modemworld.me/2019/07/19/2019-sl-user-groups-29-2-content-creation-summary/

Did anybody happen to catch that?