Debunked Rumors/Conspiracy Theories

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don’t know how to feel when Prokofy is misgendered!

people do it so often, but it's how things have transgressed over the years, it started out prok being trolled with being called a guy,  now it's kinda like fud being spread because I'm not even sure prok corrects people on it anymore or ever really has.

• Like 1

Following on from my earlier reply about how people used to say SL would never be able to have shadows . . .

I have been saying for some time that it would be good if LL could update the 'system' avatar with more detail and more adjustments.  Some people say that can't be done because existing textures wouldn't match.  But if third party creators cam make appliers to paint system textures onto mesh avatars, I can't see why the system avatar can't be tweaked.  I'm not offering to do it, however, that's way beyond my pay grade !!

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

I have been saying for some time that it would be good if LL could update the 'system' avatar with more detail and more adjustments.  Some people say that can't be done because existing textures wouldn't match.  But if third party creators cam make appliers to paint system textures onto mesh avatars, I can't see why the system avatar can't be tweaked.  I'm not offering to do it, however, that's way beyond my pay grade !!

Recently the Bento project added a heap more bones to the skeleton - more adjustments, tails, wings, ears, rear legs, "groin" bone  errrrr what else, oh yeah, soonish a new feature will come that will - as one of it's benefits - increase the resolution of the system skin four times and allow better resolution for tattoos, make-up and so on.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

What about " Soon we will have mirrors with reflections"?

Actually SL does already have perfect working mirror reflections. Unfortunately it's available only on Linden water surface.
For some reason LL does has not made it possible for us to use that feature on object surfaces.

Icarus Wings.jpg

Mirror-test.jpg

Autumn-3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2018 at 5:09 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ll start: I saw one on old forum posts during days when mesh was “new”, that adding a script to mesh would increase LI.

I actually had a super weird experience today in relation to that.

I have a resizer script I use. It's actually the linkset one on the LSL wiki written by a linden - a single script to resize everything in the linkset using a chat command for absolute numerical precision...

Today I was changing the build at the ground level of my home... I put the script in, resized the item to my smaller scale... decided it was not as desired, resized it back to it's original scale...

and it's land impact dropped from 57 to 36 - at it's original size.

I deleted the script, it jumped to 57...

I rezzed the item several times and repeated this... if the script was in there and 'turned on'... AND I first shrunk the item then set it back to original... it would lose 19 LI...

No idea what that was about... probably some random glitch...

On 3/1/2018 at 5:51 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

SL myths:

• There are no women in SL

Studies on who "plays video games" note that while men are just over 50% of "gamers", adult women vastly outnumber 'teenage boys' - the presumed demographic of the 'gamer'...
And note that... by any technical definition, SL is a video game. It is basically a 'Sandbox MMO'. Many SLers may not like calling it a 'game', but that is it's technology category and it's likely the demographics in SL, outside of being abnormally lacking in ethnic diversity, are at least similar to wider gaming in terms of biological sex.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

I've had occasions when changing something in a linkset lowers its LI, and I think, "great!". Then the next day, the LI is back to where it was before the change. So there are oddities with the LI calculations. It's almost as though the new LI is a temporary estimate until more accurate calculations are done. You could do an experiment and change the object so that its LI is lower, and then leave it alone, and see what it's LI is later, or the next day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I've had occasions when changing something in a linkset lowers its LI, and I think, "great!". Then the next day, the LI is back to where it was before the change. So there are oddities with the LI calculations. It's almost as though the new LI is a temporary estimate until more accurate calculations are done. You could do an experiment and change the object so that its LI is lower, and then leave it alone, and see what it's LI is later, or the next day.

That’s one nice thing about prim builds..

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

LL will never reduce the cost of mainland tier.

post less and read more... you would know you are simply not up to date....

You miss the point of the thread. These are DEBUNKED.  This one is newly debunked.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 7:28 AM, Phil Deakins said:

There's one person's old 'LL is against me' chestnut - the FIC - the Feted Inner Core. The FIC is claimed to be a number of SL users who LL grants favouritism to. It doesn't exist, of course, but the best take I saw of FIC was in this forum, where one child avatar used it as Feted Inner Child. I thought that is/was brilliant :)

Errr....Phil.... we’re not supposed to talk about FIC even to debunk it. Now all the others will be on your case at the next meeting.....I’ll try to distract them by showing up wearing nothing but my Mardi Gras mask, but that trick might not work a second time......
Seriously, FIC rule #1........... “nobody talks about FIC”

:-) I’m probably kidding.............

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.