Debunked Rumors/Conspiracy Theories

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I find your constant use of your perceived point of view adjectives extremely annoying.

Your view is extremely skewed by your prejudice against Sansar. I doubt you've spent any time there or have an inkling of a clue what it's supposed to be.  One day I look forward to handing you a plate of your words for dinner.

Everything about Project Stupid offends me... Right from the get go...

A tech illiterate ideads guy, "down on his luck" tries to borrow money to create "SL-2 Aint no Lindens here" and the banks turn him down, he makes a public appeal for donations of free money, using a lot of clueless tech-illiterate waffle about "a world with no region crossings... ON CLOUDS!"

The system he was talking about would not happen as he promised, in any foreseable time frame and still hasn't.

Despite this, a decision was made to launch a knee jerk response project to answer the non-existant threat, and anounced in a manner that made it PLAIN that the knee jeck project was originally intended to kill off SL

To paraphrase your 'chicken' meal analogy...

A hobo stands in the street begging for money so he can "give away free chicken fried steak to the world", in response to which the broiled chicken shops new CEO announces he intends to open a NEW shop, across the street, selling fried chicken on a members oly subscription basis, and that the broiled chicken shop will only be kept open long enough to pay for the new members only fried chicken shop.

When the broiled chicken eaters start eating at the hamburger shop down the street, the CEO panics and claims the members only fried chicken shop is intended for a "different market... Martian Tourists!", then it becomes apparent that there is no interest from Mars in over priced fried chicken, so they announce it's intended for Jupiterians... but they aint buying ewither, meanwhile, the knee jerk chicken shop hits major delays and budget over runs when it's discovered that the decision to make the deep fat fryers out of CHOCOLATE, in defiance of standard industry practice, lead to severe meltage problems.

Mean while the price of broiled chicken constantly rises to pay for the badly planed badly designed badly constructed zero-customer fubar across the street.

17 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I find your constant use of your perceived point of view adjectives extremely annoying.

I find the constant repeating of the "never meant to replace SL" lie, extremely annoying.

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

or have an inkling of a clue what it's supposed to be

Problem is, nobody has an inkling of what it's supposed to be, I've seen at least 3 different official positions on this over the last 4 years.

19 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

One day I look forward to handing you a plate of your words for dinner

Don't hold your breath...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I find the constant repeating of the "never meant to replace SL" lie, extremely annoying.

Problem is, nobody has an inkling of what it's supposed to be, I've seen at least 3 different official positions on this over the last 4 years.

Links and verifiable links or never happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You can tell when a male is using a female alt, because the avatar will have an Adam’s apple. 

You clearly don't know about the corrective surgery.  I could demonstrate, but my virtual scalpel is blunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

You clearly don't know about the corrective surgery.  I could demonstrate, but my virtual scalpel is blunt.

Yes, I know about FFS - Facial Feminization Surgery - because I am a Trans ally and hear about such things all the time in RL!

(Remember, this post is Debunked rumors and I just made the Adam’s Apple one up!)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Like Clark Kent and Superman - Klytyna and Prok have never been seen together in the same room.

/me nods sagely "The more you know!"

Not a chance.  They may both be extremely blunt and very, very passionate about their beliefs, but they are very different.  Klytyna is mostly saracastic about 'things' and sometimes about certain 'types of people', but also quite knowledgeable about various things.  Whereas Prok is just downright nasty to any person that does not agree with him and most of his posts are nothing but rants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not a chance.  They may both be extremely blunt and very, very passionate about their beliefs, but they are very different.  Klytyna is mostly saracastic about 'things' and sometimes about certain 'types of people', but also quite knowledgeable about various things.  Whereas Prok is just downright nasty to any person that does not agree with him and most of his posts are nothing but rants.

I agree.  They aren't Clark Kent and Superman (gender misidentifications aside).  IMO, there's entertainment value in the stuff they both post, as long as you don't get sucked into taking either one too seriously. ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don’t know how to feel when Prokofy is misgendered!

Prok is female in RL, but last I knew the avi was male, thus I usually use male pronouns when referring to the avi.  Occasionally, I forget and use the RL persona. 

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Prok is female in RL, but last I knew the avi was male, thus I usually use male pronouns when referring to the avi.  Occasionally, I forget and use the RL persona. 

Ah, I just assumed we all thought “male” because the name/picture appear to be male. Having never met her/read her blog, it never occurred to me that maybe she is trying to be male on SL. Talk about abusing male privilege!

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not a chance.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree.  They aren't Clark Kent and Superman

More like Jekyll and Hyde?

Or Hyde and "Quick, hide!!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

It's ok, I've never been seen in the same room as Prok either!

/me nods sagely a second time.

I have actually me Prok inworld, though I doubt he remembers.  I rented from Ravenglass in my first year of SL - though I don't remember specifcally why I met Prok during that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Which one is on top?

/me scritches, then - as you are distracted - hides your catnip in my back pocket for later

Oh, to answer the question ... (keeping it in granny-safe terms) It's interesting for roleplay when you can make a unknown stranger appear and join in :D The hardest parts are at the start - walking both avatars at the same time - after that it's just remembering to talk through the correct one.

(Only do this with someone very close to me, so there is prior consent to the alt joining in - in fact, it's a given that any strangers joining in will be me anyway)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Like Clark Kent and Superman - Klytyna and Prok have never been seen together in the same room.

/me nods sagely "The more you know!"

One lives in the "Fortress of Stupidity" up near SL's North Pole and seldom leaves, and auto-estate bans any one who disagrees with them, and the other can't be arsed walking almost to the Pole to shout across the parcel boundry with a megaphone...

A meeting is unlikely...

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1975 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.