Why do I need SL

Bully88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why do you need SL? Why do you need mustard with ham or mayonnaise with roast beef?

SL is relative. It's not necessarily a vent to bad things in life, but an avenue for things people to imagine or wonder, it's all up to the user. To state a short sighted observation of "a vent" is to show the short sight of the observer.

If you have several plans of serious engagements for SL, feel free to share. You might have some great ideas; you may not, depends on the delivery and presentation.  Don't say SL is a vent...or a game, but that's another argument.

8 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Why do you need mustard with ham or mayonnaise with roast beef?

Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip) is never needed with anything other than a tiny bit in some salads (potato salad, tuna salad, egg salad, coleslaw, etc....) and some dips (crab dip, various sour cream dips, etc...)    :P

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip) is never needed with anything other than a tiny bit in some salads (potato salad, tuna salad, egg salad, coleslaw, etc....) and some dips (crab dip, various sour cream dips, etc...)    :P

Mayo is whipped eggs. I've wondered why one would put mayo on an egg sandwich. "eggs on eggs".

Hello?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Is there something like "too many eggs"?

On properly toasted bread with butter, it's yummy.

Ingested on a daily basis, with real butter, after so many years you might as well park a 22mm round just west of the right eustachian tube. Cholesterol can be a real b*itch. I'm not a health freak by any means, I loves my eats. I like my Jack in the Box tacos, that should be a clue.

17 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Try not to confuse need and want.

This.

I don't NEED SL. Actually, there have been days without me logging in at all, and I didn't even miss it.

SL simply happens to be just one of my hobbies, and I rather keep it that way. B|

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Mayo is whipped eggs. I've wondered why one would put mayo on an egg sandwich. "eggs on eggs".

Hello?

Not on a typical egg sandwich - which to me is a fried egg between 2 slices of buttered toast - but for egg salad, where you mix in a tiny bit of mustard and chopped celery & oninos.  Without the mayo, in order to get the right creaminess you would have to add too much mustard. 

On 27-1-2018 at 6:11 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

No way

Mayonnaise goes perfectly with fries, frikandel, burger, and most fast-food really!

• Like 1

Why does mayonnaise get so much hate? It is just oil and vinegar with a little tiny bit of egg yolk as an emulsifier and is absolutely essential for cole slaw, egg or tuna salad and other salads like my favorite 'salata de boeuf' a Romanian potato salad with no beef in it. And homemade mayonnaise is amazing, I could almost eat it straight!

There is of course no disputing taste, which is exactly why we are doing just that here. :)

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Every time I see a b*kk*k* video, I think, “Somebody REALLY likes mayonnaise!”

44 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

Why does mayonnaise get so much hate? It is just oil and vinegar with a little tiny bit of egg yolk as an emulsifier and is absolutely essential for cole slaw, egg or tuna salad and other salads like my favorite 'salata de boeuf' a Romanian potato salad with no beef in it. And homemade mayonnaise is amazing, I could almost eat it straight!

There is of course no disputing taste, which is exactly why we are doing just that here. :)

French fries with mayo!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.