Sympathy for those with rezzing/attachment problems but.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

That completely folded-over, head-up-butt look was probably the best bug ever in SL

I have just been scouring my invent for a picture of one of those moments.  I am sure its in one of my boxed up textures

• Like 3

One of my funny moments. I was at my SL house, working on a piece of furniture for my store, back when I had one. My business partner contacted me to let me know he was coming to visit. He did marketing and PR. I did creation. After his customary three minutes courtesy delay, he popped in.

He was a cloud at first, the one that people say is white but always looked to me the color of 31Flavors'  daiquiri ice. Then he took physical form, grey from head to foot, ruthed, with boobs and ruth's default system hair. At the time, I didn't know about the whole "ruthed" thing. I just shrugged, thinking maybe I was seeing the effect of some kind of role play he might have been doing, and that switching back to regular him was taking more time than he had anticipated. He then proceeded to go back and forth between his regular guy body, back to ruth, back to guy.... He was flip flopping as if the transporter buffer had gotten confused which pattern was the real one.

Meanwhile, he began a conversation.... plans for the day, progress on this chair and that couch, and how are those poses and textures going? The whole time, continuing through this bizarre rototransmogrification. This went on for a full 30 seconds or so. I was laughing out loud the whole time. I never told him what was happening.

• Like 6

There are two very funny (to me) incidents that happened early in my SLife. I've posted both before but I'll post them again, starting with this one...

Most of my years in SL I had a low prim furniture store, but I started in business by renting out skyboxes. The store developed from creating furniture for them. The skyboxes were stacked, offset one above the other, but stacked.

So one day i rented a skybox to a guy. Then I decided that I needed to go up and sort something out in another one. For anything over a very short distance, I used the carbon rod, which allowed you to fly so fast that you could fly straight through thin prims before the system could sort out that you'd crashed. But it was already too late and you didn't crash. You just kept on going.

So I donned the carbon rod. figured out where to stand on the ground so that I didn't hit any skyboxes on the way up, and I flew up. A few seconds later, I came to a sudden stop because my calculations were wrong. I'd hit a skybox. But I'd not only hit it, I'd got my head and shoulders up through the floor - at the foot of the bed - facing it. On the bed was the guy, stark naked, on top of his girl, also stark naked, and they were hard at it.

That was only about 30 seconds after I'd rented the place out, and, to me, the situation was funny in itself, but even funnier was putting myself in the head of one of the couple who was hard at it, camera facing the foot of the bed, when the head and shoulders of the guy we'd just rented from came up through the floor staring at us :D It tickles me even now when I think about it.

I said nothing. I just flew down post hatse, and got out of there hoping that I hadn't been spotted. They never said anything so I must have got away with it :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

If it wasn't your shoe up your butt, it was your hair. Or your head. That completely folded-over, head-up-butt look was probably the best bug ever in SL...

49 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I have just been scouring my invent for a picture of one of those moments.  I am sure its in one of my boxed up textures

Yep, I managed to get a picture of me in that position and saved to my flickr account.  I still LOL when I look back at many of the pictures of those various bugs.

• Like 5

I remember every time I teleported,all my attachments would go right up me bum.

I got pretty good at opening my inventory and detaching and attaching everything again..

I don't think we had a worn tab in the viewer back then and I know we didn't have the outfit folders yet..

So to even be sorta good at it,you know it happened a lot..hehehe

• Like 3

I'm fortunate never to have had one of my shoes up my butt. I imagine it could change the relationship somewhat. "I'll wear this dress, these bracelets, this pair of earrings. And humm.... let's see, oh yes, these shoes..... mmm... actually, maybe not these ones." *begins searching for flats*

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I'm fortunate never to have had one of my shoes up my butt. I imagine it could change the relationship somewhat. "I'll wear this dress, these bracelets, this pair of earrings. And humm.... let's see, oh yes, these shoes..... mmm... actually, maybe not these ones." *begins searching for flats*

I read that as "farts"

• Like 7

Hmm...downtime on wednesday...Then finally after 8 hours, the grid was online again. 30.000 ava's tried to log in all at once...it took you at least 45 minutes to get in.
And then you crashed on first tp...

Yes, your ava strangely fold up was one of the weird things in SL..haha

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Some of the SL fun 'back in the day'

MishMash.thumb.jpg.6d80b0af1d804893655bb15fe08ae741.jpg

• Like 8

Oh I used to love the mishaps we all regularly experienced, lol.

These are just some of my favs...

The old..missing image issue(yes I added acorns, so it's no longer NSFW :P ), lmao

597bb58a50119_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(21919922).png.e075dab5c210eb49f41fe6812dc7f1fc.png

A friend getting ruthed...it took him two days to stop doing this, repeatedly, throughout the day

597bb5bb23cd8_Snapshot_HickeyBeachRomanceandDanceASentinel(10129.png.57efbbfe685f1f0f542fa0158c15ab88.png

And my absolute favorite deformation ever....this was a mishap totally caused by us, and made worse by the server. I'd been mildly deformed by a tool, we were using all kinds of weapons on one another. Unfortunately, what started out as mild only got worse and worse with each relog...I nearly puked from laughing so hard that day. All three of these pics below are from the same incident.(and yes I AM riding a sea turtle..figured I might as well embrace my new deformed self, lol) 

597bb623d6c37_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(18219312).png.b96d75a39dd6993f63945b451d774e9a.png

597bb627ceab8_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(20815312).png.ca334cf6c5ea577e40a787672ab8bd75.png

597bb625c1c8e_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(19618421).png.26d7d014179dc2a87bf452b7c74fe133.png

• Like 9

I remember this one very well..The great part was nobody knew they had it unless they were looking at themselves or someone told ya..

There were a few times when I would be talking to people and they be laughing or passing inside jokes to each other until they would let me in on my eyes being crossed..

It's only fair since I did it too..

It was one of my favorite glitches..hehehehe

3744236875_f006249c48_o.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I remember this one very well..The great part was nobody knew they had it unless they were looking at themselves or someone told ya..

There were a few times when I would be talking to people and they be laughing or passing inside jokes to each other until they would let me in on my eyes being crossed..

It's only fair since I did it too..

It was one of my favorite glitches..hehehehe

3744236875_f006249c48_o.jpg

Ceka, you've had me laughing today. Great way to end a Friday. Thanks.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Oh I used to love the mishaps we all regularly experienced, lol.

These are just some of my favs...

The old..missing image issue(yes I added acorns, so it's no longer NSFW :P ), lmao

597bb58a50119_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(21919922).png.e075dab5c210eb49f41fe6812dc7f1fc.png

A friend getting ruthed...it took him two days to stop doing this, repeatedly, throughout the day

597bb5bb23cd8_Snapshot_HickeyBeachRomanceandDanceASentinel(10129.png.57efbbfe685f1f0f542fa0158c15ab88.png

And my absolute favorite deformation ever....this was a mishap totally caused by us, and made worse by the server. I'd been mildly deformed by a tool, we were using all kinds of weapons on one another. Unfortunately, what started out as mild only got worse and worse with each relog...I nearly puked from laughing so hard that day. All three of these pics below are from the same incident.(and yes I AM riding a sea turtle..figured I might as well embrace my new deformed self, lol) 

597bb623d6c37_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(18219312).png.b96d75a39dd6993f63945b451d774e9a.png

597bb627ceab8_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(20815312).png.ca334cf6c5ea577e40a787672ab8bd75.png

597bb625c1c8e_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(19618421).png.26d7d014179dc2a87bf452b7c74fe133.png

You're secretly Elastigirl.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

You're secretly Elastigirl.

I very will may be. It took forever to fix this, hours upon hours, I blame part of it on the fact that I couldn't stop laughing. I went to a club like this too, and was immediately ejected..which only made me laugh harder. 

• Like 5

The other funny (to me) thing that happened in my early time wasn't funny in itself. It was my imagination that made it very funny - for me.

When I used to rent out skyboxes, I made the skyboxes so that the tenant could modify them from menus. The textures on every inside surface could be changed, for instance, and some prims could be made invisible and phantom.

One day I got an IM from a tenant. He asked me why he was standing in his skybox and then suddenly falling to the ground below. I'd no idea so I went over to check it out. It turned out that I'd inadvertantly made it so that clicking one particular menu button made the floor phantom. I've no idea where my brain was when I wrote that part of the script, but it wasn't  inside my skull, that's for sure. All the skyboxes did the same thing, and this guy was merely the first to discover it.

As I said, that's not funny, or even amusing, in itself. What made me laugh, and still does if I think of it, was picturing a new tenant exploring the menus and thinking, "I wonder what this button does" O.o

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

The other funny (to me) thing that happened in my early time wasn't funny in itself. It was my imagination that made it very funny - for me.

When I used to rent out skyboxes, I made the skyboxes so that the tenant could modify them from menus. The textures on every inside surface could be changed, for instance, and some prims could be made invisible and phantom.

One day I got an IM from a tenant. He asked me why he was standing in his skybox and then suddenly falling to the ground below. I'd no idea so I went over to check it out. It turned out that I'd inadvertantly made it so that clicking one particular menu button made the floor phantom. I've no idea where my brain was when I wrote that part of the script, but it wasn't  inside my skull, that's for sure. All the skyboxes did the same thing, and this guy was merely the first to discover it.

As I said, that's not funny, or even amusing, in itself. What made me laugh, and still does if I think of it, was picturing a new tenant exploring the menus and thinking, "I wonder what this button does" O.o

Kind of reminded me of the first time I was passing a texture and let go too soon, texturing my whole house.  The first thing of any real expense I had bought.  I had no clue about mod copy perms back then and didn't know what to do except cry. 

I may still do this occasionally after 8 years but at least I know how to fix it now myself without tears  :D

• Like 3

Problematic sim crossings. We were practicing for a Relay for Life Giant Snail Race, as I attempted to cross over a sim, my huge a r s e got stuck in the road. There was RacerX and Waelya my trainer attempting to pull me out of the road (had to be teleported back up).

stuck in the road.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/28/2017 at 9:18 AM, Skell Dagger said:

If it wasn't your shoe up your butt, it was your hair. Or your head. That completely folded-over, head-up-butt look was probably the best bug ever in SL...

Yep, back then you just had to embrace the glitch and have fun with it sometimes, lol! I've posted this beauty a couple times in different threads, but it's a must post in this one as well! 

Snapshot _ EXOTICA SEXYWEAR BOUTIQUE, Paw Paw (94, 208, 107).png

• Like 5

I think my best self-made catastrophe happened several years ago now. I was testing out a couple of rugs as decor items for my store, and decided against a particular one I'd rezzed, so I deleted it.

You guessed it: I'd not locked the store build, so I accidentally deleted the entire store instead. I was left standing on a rug with lots of ad boards swimming in mid-air around me. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't also been the first day of a big hunt I was in, so about 15 other avatars plummeted to their doom, and I was frantically trying to re-rez the store before more of them came in for an unwitting skydiving session xD

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.