Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

Embraced / Thanks for 100+ followers!

I found a pretty backdrop. And a pretty person to shoot with!

Trying on some hair @Tess FalworthΒ got me for a shot of hers.Β 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

Lucky girl

I'm not sure being pulled into a black backdrop by me qualifies as 'lucky' :PΒ 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orwar said:

I'm not sure being pulled into a black backdrop by me qualifies as 'lucky' :PΒ 

At least at was a backdrop and not like anΒ ocean :PΒ 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OnlyMon said:

At least at was a backdrop and not like anΒ ocean :PΒ 

When the waves come rolling in and lightning fills the sky,
all the sailors know that the Leviathan is nigh
if he grabs onto your ship, he'll never let you go;
you will join the thousand ships he sent - to the depths below!Β 
Β 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

When the waves come rolling in and lightning fills the sky,
all the sailors know that the Leviathan is nigh
if he grabs onto your ship, he'll never let you go;
you will join the thousand ships he sent - to the depths below!Β 
Β 

That sounds like an nightmare lolΒ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Orwar said:

Embraced / Thanks for 100+ followers!

I found a pretty backdrop. And a pretty person to shoot with!

Trying on some hair @Tess FalworthΒ got me for a shot of hers.Β 

This is a hell of a gorgeous pic!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me in flat shoes

Β 

2.11_014.png

Edited by Talligurl
first picture had an annoying white bar in it
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My avi looks the same today as he did in 2009. Same clothes too. No reason to change. SL is just an instant messaging client in 3D, with dancing. He looks happy and is an extension of myself as people are treated as I would treat them in real life. Just as God made them, not as they want to be. So, he is good the way he is. No reason to fiddle with it.

I did accidentally make him a Hobbit once. That was interesting.

This him now at Inspire Space Park.

Β 

Β 

johny.png

Edited by Osiris Ronas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

My avi looks the same today as he did in 2009. Same clothes too. No reason to change. SL is just an instant messaging client in 3D, with dancing. He looks happy and is an extension of myself as people are treated as I would treat them in real life. Just as God made them, not as they want to be. So, he is good the way he is. No reason to fiddle with it.

I did accidentally make him a Hobbit once. That was interesting.

Second Life is many things to many people. To you it's "just an instant messaging client in 3D, with dancing". You see no reason to change; others enjoy changing. To each their own.

This, though?

7 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

people are treated as I would treat them in real life. Just as God made them, not as they want to be.

God didn't make our SL avatars; we did. Our avatars are as we want to be, and for many residents their avatars reflect their inner selves. The way they feel inside is often not the way they are in real life. So are you saying here that you refuse to recognise that someone in their 60s might still feel 20 inside and want to recapture the beauty of their youth? That someone in a wheelchair might wish to dance or run?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Second Life is many things to many people. To you it's "just an instant messaging client in 3D, with dancing". You see no reason to change; others enjoy changing. To each their own.

This, though?

God didn't make our SL avatars; we did. Our avatars are as we want to be, and for many residents their avatars reflect their inner selves. The way they feel inside is often not the way they are in real life. So are you saying here that you refuse to recognise that someone in their 60s might still feel 20 inside and want to recapture the beauty of their youth? That someone in a wheelchair might wish to dance or run?

No, truth is SL is just messaging. Not real. Some people take it way too far. As far as what people are to their avis, I am not referring to disabilities or such. More like... other bits. However, Skell, this is not the post to have that debate. I just specified why I would not bother changing mine. If you rather have a debate on how people view SL, please move to another post.

Thanks.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

No, truth is SL is just messaging. Not real.

Is art real? For many SL is a creative outlet, a way to make art, and there whole SL existence is artist expression. I for one believe that art is real, in fact maybe the realest thing there is, but I know in our modern scientific world that isn't the majority view. For most art is mere trivia, an option that can be disposed of with no serious consequences.Β 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

As far as what people are to their avis, I am not referring to disabilities or such. More like... other bits.

Ahh, I see. "Caitlyn Jenner is still Bruce." Gotcha. I suspected as much, but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

24 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

If you rather have a debate on how people view SL, please move to another post.

Thanks for telling me where to get off 9_9

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Osiris Ronas said:

this is not the post to have that debate. I just specified why I would not bother changing mine. If you rather have a debate on how people view SL, please move to another post.

You opened the topic; we're just posting pictures of our avatars in peace. You're the one who chose to march into a picture-based forum with no picture, just your entirely unsolicited opinion.Β 

Welcome to public forums, where you don't get to control how people respond to your posts!

Nothing but love_003 (2).png

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
Here's my picture contribution!
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

You opened the topic; we're just posting pictures of our avatars in peace. You're the one who chose to march into a picture-based forum with no picture, just your entirely unsolicited opinion.Β 

Welcome to public forums, where you don't get to control how people respond to your posts!

Oh, my bad. I did not know a picture was required as others posted with out. I shall rectify that.... thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to his profile, Osiris is vehemently anti-LGBT, calls transpeople 'fakes', and informs us all that we should only do what Jesus wants us to do. He also automatically blocks people who are not straight, who are not in SL as their "God-given birth gender", who "do the master/slave crap", or who have... uh... "collard in your profile."

(Bit harsh to be so hateful toward such a healthy vegetable, if you ask me.)

Aww, bless. Here's how my avatar looks today. Please pre-emptively block me, Osiris. You really wouldn't want to catch my gay cooties ;)

25303856327_e84bfb70a7_h.jpg

40175610501_7220f90555_h.jpg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...