How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

we had a good time hanging out together!!!

Then someone decided to leave the warm tropical beach for some cold place. I mean how stupid can you get? 

11.4.2018beach_014.thumb.png.ef66c62f9f6f379be3901de2cc9aeeb3.png

At least i put on shoes and  a jacket

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

On 11/3/2018 at 6:55 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

SL photography is unique. In RL the camera is important. In SL the viewer takes the place of the camera. Firestorm is probably like the Nikon or Pentax, having every imaginable control. Black Dragon might be the Hasselblad, specialized. Try photos with the different viewers and learn what they have to offer. FS has the Photo Tools panels, making WL and camera settings changes quick and easy. BD has some settings in no other viewer.

All cameras have basic settings and so do the snapshot panels in the viewer. For our purposes, the image size is comparable to film size, 35mm versus 61mm (2.4") type stuff.  Bigger film and higher rez are better. Often taking a 3000x1700px image and reducing it to 1024x768 makes a big improvement. Working with large images I find easier and get better results. Strawberry has a tutorial on using large images and the benefits.

Skell has given you a lot on lighting. Good stuff. I use a skybox for many of my images and videos. I can make my background any color I want. Greenscreen is important for videos. But the actual color one uses depends on the subject. Green is not a magic color. Cutting an avatar out of the background is way easier using a solid color background. I seldom use 'background images'. I do insert my avatar into images (example - example). I'm not that good... but I have fun.

Figuring out lighting and Windlight settings is a skill. William Weaver has tutorials on how to use both.

Once one has their images the Photoshop (image editing) skills come into play. Watching Natsumi Xenga paint her images can give you ideas of how to accomplish things. I seldom put that much energy into an image.

Nemanja Sekulic provides great tutorials on how to use PS to accomplish many things that add drama to an image. PiXimperfect provides tutorials for the novice explaining the terms he is using in a style I often find pedantic. 

Now are you guys shooting with the viewers internal camera? 

I find it way easier to shoot screenshots on my iMac. The newly released ISO 12 gives us options to frame screenshots and record videos! I then edit in PS but mostly I don’t need to PS them much.

~ S

2 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

Yes, always, and the pictures I post here usually do not get anything else one to them other than the occasional cropping.

• Thanks 1

Well, Syd seems perfectly happy to indulge in colour, so I'll let him go wild whenever he wants to ;)

45671393922_821f0c3385_h.jpg

45671392502_cd68a96afa_h.jpg

Credits

From one extreme to the other ?

Shorts: Katatonik - Belted Shorts (Maitreya)
Boots: Insanya - D3mon1a Boots (black)
Tank: Boys to the Bone - Natt Tank (black)
Shoulders: CheerNo - Cowboy Mode
EYewear: Kosmii - Quartz Specs (black - tinted)
Necklace: Katatonik - Gatekeeper Necklace
Claws: Wicca's Wardrobe - Minerva Claws
Lipstick: White Queen - Neon Explosion
Eyeshadow: Psycho:Byts - Tropical Eyeshadows
Eyes: Madame Noir - Electric Eyes
Hair: Stealthic - Like Lust
Ears: L'Etre - Taper Ears
Head: Catwa - Margeaux* (Bento)
Body: Maitreya - Lara
Add-on: Valentine Technologies - V-Tech 'Boi' Flat Chest Mod
Skin applier: Lumae - Elentari
Poses: Abranimations

*review copy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saravendi said:

I find it way easier to shoot screenshots on my iMac. The newly released ISO 12 gives us options to frame screenshots and record videos! I then edit in PS but mostly I don’t need to PS them much.

~ S

I use the viewer's camera. I have screen and video capture software. The advantage of the viewer's camera is it can render whatever resolution I want. Typically 3000x1800px. The capture software literally captures my screen, 1920x1080. I have a simulated 4k setup to improve the 1920, but the 3000px viewer renders look better than any of my 1920 captures.

Most of the 'created' images use SL lighting. Still, I do the final post production in PS. Most images only get a quick curves adjustment and camera tilt adjustment. A in few I do some serious painting. Those go on forever. I always see more that I want to do... All the time I spent and I totally missed the shoes poking through. Doh!

Nal-2018-08 @ Dreamers Island

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bel Inglewood said:

Hi guys! Meet me and my cat Fur-gie. We visited La Fontera and had some fun checking out the little villas   =^_^=

Snapshot_003.jpg

I LOVE ? your cat ?! My cat in rl looks exactly like that... weird:) any chance you can relay to me where you got him/her?

~ Sara

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

I LOVE ? your cat ?! My cat in rl looks exactly like that... weird:) any chance you can relay to me where you got him/her?

~ Sara

Is your cat a Balinese too? I have one in RL =^.^= very calm and sweet little kitty. Anyway, i got the closest thing to Balinese on the marketplace with these Ragdoll kitties. 2 copies, a companion and a wanderer you leave at home. Haha, enjoy! 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JIAN-Ragdoll-Cat-Collection/15334708 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1