How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and all the best of the Season to those of a different faith. With lots of love , health and happiness!!!

Christmas Card Cait and Sandor6 eye7 FINAL.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 20

On 12/14/2022 at 10:53 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Courage, Love."

I literally waited over a month to take this shot. I knew I wanted to take it at Walsh County, one of my favourite regions, but the owner, Randonee Noel, hadn't "winterized" it yet. I was getting nervous, because I wanted the pic for my exhibition, which opens tomorrow.

Courage-Love-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.f369ac6da702853f756d5d4cf01fdede.png

@Scylla Rhiadra, I hope your exhibition went well!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ags Falconer said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, I hope your exhibition went well!!

Thanks, Ags, it went pretty well! Although, interestingly, my curator/host, Hermes, heard from a few people who professed to be "uncomfortable" about at least a few of my images, and at least one who was outright offended because they thought (I assume) that I was attacking Christianity. (I am not, as a thoughtful view of all of the images should suggest, and as should also have been clear from my notecard for the exhibition.) I am not too upset about people being made "uncomfortable": that was, in fact, one of the points of the exhibition. I am sorry if anyone thought I was attacking their beliefs, however.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks, Ags, it went pretty well! Although, interestingly, my curator/host, Hermes, heard from a few people who professed to be "uncomfortable" about at least a few of my images, and at least one who was outright offended because they thought (I assume) that I was attacking Christianity. (I am not, as a thoughtful view of all of the images should suggest, and as should also have been clear from my notecard for the exhibition.) I am not too upset about people being made "uncomfortable": that was, in fact, one of the points of the exhibition. I am sorry if anyone thought I was attacking their beliefs, however.

I went to see your exhibit. Congratulations. Exquisite. Thoughtful. A gritty view of reality juxtaposed on the messages in the New Testament. That makes it thought provoking: "How is all this suffering allowed by an all caring God?" Yes, I can see how some people could be offended by it. So what? You've made an important point. Can anyone criticizing your work deny the reality of what you've portrayed? That there is no suffering, pain, and death in this world? Good luck to them, and Kudos to you!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

You've made an important point. Can anyone criticizing your work deny the reality of what you've portrayed? That there is no suffering, pain, and death in this world? Good luck to them, and Kudos to you!!!

Thanks Sandor.

Part of the point of the exhibit is that the most important message of Christmas -- the redemptive force of Love, represented by Christ's incarnation and eventual sacrifice -- is in the long term the only real hope for the world.

I'm not attacking Christmas: I'm endorsing what it means -- a message too often overlooked amongst the showers of tinsel and presents. "Courage, Love," posted above, is one of the images in the exhibit that tries to make that clear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I think he must have warned them I was coming though cos most left before I arrived!

No warnings, they could just sense trouble was brewing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Got dragged off my skypad to go to a forum Xmas party by a certain clown wielding weirdo.  I think he must have warned them I was coming though cos most left before I arrived!

Snapshot_002 (1).jpg

Awww, sorry to have missed you, sweetie. When the clown-wielding guy yelled out in local chat that a disaster was approaching, we got a bit nervous.

(And you missed Da5id in his good skirt...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1