Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Geez - One of my groups sent out a notecard today titled "How to increase your LOD".  It gave instructions for how to increase your LOD to 3 or 4 in various viewers so that your objects would look better.

*sigh*

I thought that was a well-known solution!

OK ... It's that time again for me.

/me looks down at the floor while she shuffles her feet.

I vow for the rest of July to not post rude comments or be a silly twit.  I further vow to give at least one person I do not know a compliment each week. My goal will be daily but I know realistically I may not have the opportunity so one a week is my target.

There is enough pain in this world to go around; there is no need for me to be creating more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, for once there is not a single thing on the Monthly Midnight Madness that I even sort of want.  

That's almost word for word what I thought. The number of stores participating seems to be less than average too. I'm not sure how much longer it will continue at this rate which is a pity cause it is a fun and different event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

That's almost word for word what I thought. The number of stores participating seems to be less than average too. I'm not sure how much longer it will continue at this rate which is a pity cause it is a fun and different event.

Yeah, there are a few 'used to be regular' participants that are absent this time.

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, for once there is not a single thing on the Monthly Midnight Madness that I even sort of want.  

I saw a thing or two.  But I usually miss the event.  It takes too long to strip down to the required 50,000 or less complexity.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

LOL

Ghosty and I and friends visited a llama farm a few weeks ago. 

This guy was the old man of the group. Most were quite friendly but this one? He was done with all of it lol

wut.jpg

I swallowed a whole watermelon.  Of course I'm grumpy!

• Haha 3

Small rant inbound ...

We have company coming over tonight. Yay!  I am making a large, slow roasted brisket that I started at 4:00 AM.

Most of today has been a nice Saturday with family and fun.  I just need my husband and my daughter to help with picking up the house.  Fifteen minutes tops if we all take our part.

Jax wants to help.  He really does.  He even vacuumed the living room ... after I found the vacuum for him.  And cleaned the canister.  And showed him where the attachments are kept.  And picked up grandkids toys so he didn't run over them. 

Fortunately my daughter is here.  Unfortunately she has my ADOLAS (Attention defic ... oh look, a squirrel). I told her "We are not using the counter top ice maker.  It needs disinfecting.  Please pull the plug and drain it and I'll take care of it in the morning.  There is a bag of ice in the freezer for today.  Put that in an ice chest and set it on the counter. "

She is an intelligent young woman.  She did everything perfectly.  And then filled the ice maker with water that she had just removed the plug from not 2 minutes earlier. 

So now I'm mopping the kitchen, too, while she goes to get a towel.

She comes back with a new dress in her hands she wants me to feel ....

OK, the house is done after an hour of me running back and forth.  I need a shower before people show up.  Only right now I need to wait because the other two just used up all the hot water for their showers while I finished the kitchen.

I love my family.  I honestly do.  That's why I haven't killed them yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

your mistake was getting out of bed at 4 am

Well ..... last night was Monthly Midnight Mania and I had to stay up for that.  Midnight SL is 2 AM here.  In short I didn't get up at 4:00, I went to bed at 4:00 after starting the brisket;  then I got up around noon, as suggested :)

The brisket was perfect, BTW.  Absolutely perfect.  And once everyone came over (Including Clover ♥♥♥) it was a lovely evening.

• Like 6

Issued: 3:22 AM Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service

...AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF VERY HOT TEMPERATURES EXPECTED LATER THIS
WEEK INTO NEXT WEEK...

A building upper ridge and drier conditions will lead to intense
heating across the area beginning the middle of this week, lasting
into next week. Temperatures are expected to reach above 100
degrees at most locations with temperatures near 110 degrees along
the Rio Grande.

If you plan to be outside in the heat, take plenty of breaks,
especially during the hottest parts of the day. Wear light-colored
and loose-fitting clothing. Drink plenty of water, even if you do
not feel thirsty. Avoid alcoholic or caffeinated beverages. Think
about others! NEVER leave children in a car on even a moderately
warm day as conditions in the car can quickly heat to unhealthy
levels. Check on pets, the elderly, or other people at risk.

Can it be October yet?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Heee!  Over the years, I've used that meme many times, Nostoll. Such a perfect description of how I feel during the hideous heat we've been experiencing.  Autumn cannot come soon enough for me!!

Try playing with the balls that's might help .... whooops wrong scenario. 

• Haha 2

Random thoughts upon waking up today...

( background) Someone here (Sukubia, I believe) was talking about a green German beverage. It's made by steeping the leaves of a plant called Waldmeister aka woodruff, and apparently it has a terrific flavor (I googled it a lot when I read the post).

woodruff.PNG

So my thoughts? It would be so cool if somehow the beverage could be made to give off fumes, so that it could be called "Fuming Rigellian Wine" in honor of the old James Blish science fiction novels "Cities in Flight". A quote: "It included fuming Rigellian wine, which he despised as a drink for barbarians;..."

Now I have to find one of those novels and read it again; see if they were anywhere near as good as I remember. As a kid I was utterly captivated by them.

You can identify a "Cities in Flight" fan anytime by saying, "IMT made the sky .. fall!" They'll react. :-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Random thoughts upon waking up today...

( background) Someone here (Sukubia, I believe) was talking about a green German beverage. It's made by steeping the leaves of a plant called Waldmeister aka woodruff, and apparently it has a terrific flavor (I googled it a lot when I read the post).

woodruff.PNG

So my thoughts? It would be so cool if somehow the beverage could be made to give off fumes, so that it could be called "Fuming Rigellian Wine" in honor of the old James Blish science fiction novels "Cities in Flight". A quote: "It included fuming Rigellian wine, which he despised as a drink for barbarians;..."

Now I have to find one of those novels and read it again; see if they were anywhere near as good as I remember. As a kid I was utterly captivated by them.

You can identify a "Cities in Flight" fan anytime by saying, "IMT made the sky .. fall!" They'll react. :-)

That was me, indeed. In the meantime, I found out that Woodruff was or still is kinda not really allowed in the US, due to the coumarin in it. At least not in food and beverages?
As a plant, it seems to be available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galium_odoratum

Other than that, some people say it's an aquired taste. It's dificult to describe, actually - some say like a herbal vanilla, although I'm not quite sure of that.

• Like 1