Jump to content
Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Recommended Posts

So I was playing Conan Exiles while my husband played Rift behind me.  He looked over and saw me .. well ...

Jax: What are you doing with that rope.
Me: I'm taking this back to camp.
Jax: What are you dragging?
Me: (stops and turns the character around to show the man at the other end of the rope being drug by his ankles.) "I recruited another Archer."
Jax: Does he know he was recruited?
Me: He will when he wakes up on the wheel of pain.

It's a fun game.  You should try it :D

 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is currently 102°F (39°C) with 11% humidity and windy.   The forecast calls for more of the same for the week with no chance of rain in sight.

I need to be sure an catch one of Mari's fireworks shows because it is a sure bet there will be none in RL here.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It is currently 102°F (39°C) with 11% humidity and windy.   The forecast calls for more of the same for the week with no chance of rain in sight.

I need to be sure an catch one of Mari's fireworks shows because it is a sure bet there will be none in RL here.

I'd be a firework in that weather, ooof.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rhonda: I finally finisjef making lunch
finished
what the H E double hockey sticks* was that?
 
me: did you learn swedish all of a sudden?
 
Rhonda: Must be an Ikea bookshelf
 
 
*yes she actually typed that, everyone knows I cuss like a sailor =~.~=
Edited by Clover Jinx
footnote
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I'm making paper faux raven feathers for a cosplay thing. I have that feeling right now you get when you just want to proceed with a project, but you keep finding ways to make it better. I can't ignore that little voice in my head.. whispering to me... "Make it better...."

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   I'm making paper faux raven feathers for a cosplay thing. I have that feeling right now you get when you just want to proceed with a project, but you keep finding ways to make it better. I can't ignore that little voice in my head.. whispering to me... "Make it better...."

My OCD approves of your OCD

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is embarrassing. I just found a US map of each state's most commonly misspelled word, as determined by Google Trends...

DBGBwc7UMAA9WAx.jpg:large

It gets a little better this year, where we're having difficulty with "beautiful". I've always had difficulty with that, so I settle for "cute".

ETA: For those who don't follow my every post, I'm from Wisconsin.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to wonder if the people from North Carolina are finding the right angel or looking for a right angle.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
I'm bad at geography
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If I'm to believe Clover, this might be the perfect bird for Rhonda, to keep her from feeling lonely while they're apart...

She doesn't say that like she wants you to think.  However, her father was career military so when she gets upset, the universal adverb gets used a lot.  But that's pretty rare.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I just found a US map of each state's most commonly misspelled word, as determined by Google Trends..

Some of these are down right hillarious.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago our family dog's health finally deteriorated to the point it was time to call it quits. Dad couldn't do it and Mom knew that living with him would be hell if she did. I'd moved out the year before, so she called me.

The dog's favorite thing to do with me was to ride in a milk crate on the back of Dad's motorcycle for a trip to the drive-in for an ice-cream cone. It was a beautiful summer day as I gingerly lifted him into the crate (he was in considerable pain) and I carefully avoided every bump and pothole on the way. He took only a few licks of ice-cream but enjoyed the head scratching. At the vet, I sat with him until he passed. Dad didn't speak to me for a week.

A few days ago, I stopped to pick up Mom for a drive through the country in my Miata, followed by dinner at a drive-in. As I cheerily pulled into the breezeway to pick her up, I yelled...

"Are you ready for a drive and an ice-cream cone?!"

"Why do I feel a deep sense of foreboding, Maddy?"

;-).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had to put down 2 pets this past week.  A guinea pig we have had for 7 years and a cat we had for 15(?).

Thank you for the story, Maddy.  It made me feel a little better.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Thank you for the story, Maddy.  It made me feel a little better.

You're welcome, Rhonda. I'm glad it helped.

Humor is my defense against sorrow and sometimes people are offended by what appears to be my callousness. Last night Mom and I watched "Coco", the 2017 Pixar movie. We both went to quiet tears near the end when the fading family matriarch awoke from her silence over the playing of a song from her childhood. It was reminiscent of the last months of Dad's fade at the hands of Alzheimer's. Otherwise silent, he lit up when I sang the songs he passed down to me from his youth.

The opening line from one of my favorites is...

Mary had a little lamb
She tied it to the heater
And every time it turned around
It burned its little seater

Oh, the grin on his face.

:-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the ice cream cone story on a visit yesterday; as I lay in bed last night I recalled a couple of the times we've lost pets. Then I returned this morning to see Rhonda's post from last evening, along with Maddy's reply. In between I watched a movie I'd not seen before called "Arrival". It is science fiction, complete with aliens from outer space, but it is very nearly intellectual. It is also very moving. It has to do with language, among other things. I found myself thinking of the mutual cherishing we enter into with our pets. At first we can't speak their language nor they ours, but as time passes we find that we can communicate with one another quite well.

Rhonda's loss is one we've all been through. When we take in a pet we know almost without a shadow of a doubt that we will  have to experience its passing. We can see that future, but we raise the pet anyway (in a small way, that process also reflects something about the movie). When the inevitable happens, I try to concentrate on the fact our pet spent its whole life around people who loved it and cared for its every need. The idea is that it gives me something positive to think about. It hasn't worked all that well for me, but I offer it to Rhonda and anyone else.

I'm not sure when this Forum has left me so introspective. Introspection's not my normal gig; I mostly do the slapstick.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

We can see that future, but we raise the pet anyway

15 years of love with a few days of loss at the end.  It's still a good trade.

However, I think our next pet will be a sea turtle that will out live us all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

At first we can't speak their language nor they ours, but as time passes we find that we can communicate with one another quite well.

So there's hope for Mac and me?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annual gynecological exam today. The doc walks in...

Doc: Oh, it's you. I should have known.
Me: Hmm?
Doc: My assistant said you two were discussing cannibalism.
Me: Yes, she's delightful. She also started it.
Doc: Really? How so?
Me: She asked about medications, that led to diet, and to me declaring the onion as my desert island food because I could eat anything else I find if its cooked in enough onion. Then she brought up the Donner Party and our instinct for survival and I mentioned the Alferd Packer Restaurant and Grill at UC-Boulder and their slogan "Have a friend for lunch."

As she left...
Doc: I'll warn my staff to run if you ever come here carrying a bag of onions.
Me: I'll hide them in a Dunkin' Donuts box (there was an empty one behind the reception counter when I checked in).
Doc: We've got a year to prepare.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Annual gynecological exam today. The doc walks in...

Doc: Oh, it's you. I should have known.
Me: Hmm?
Doc: My assistant said you two were discussing cannibalism.
Me: Yes, she's delightful. She also started it.
Doc: Really? How so?
Me: She asked about medications, that led to diet, and to me declaring the onion as my desert island food because I could eat anything else I find if its cooked in enough onion. Then she brought up the Donner Party and our instinct for survival and I mentioned the Alferd Packer Restaurant and Grill at UC-Boulder and their slogan "Have a friend for lunch."

As she left...
Doc: I'll warn my staff to run if you ever come here carrying a bag of onions.
Me: I'll hide them in a Dunkin' Donuts box (there was an empty one behind the reception counter when I checked in).
Doc: We've got a year to prepare.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

At least it wasn’t a v*g*n* d*nt*t* story. (Re: GYN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least it wasn’t a v*g*n* d*nt*t* story. (Re: GYN)

It could happen!

A couple years ago, a CAT scan revealed an anomaly on a lady part, suspected to be a cyst, but with the potential to be something far more serious. I wanted to see it, so I had the parts taken out. I was hoping for a dermoid cyst, which can contain any kind of body part (teeth, hair, eyes!), but it was neither interesting (boo) nor serious (yay!). Stupid professional rules prevented them from showing anything to me, much less letting me take stuff home in a jar for show and tell, so I settled for naming it Charlie.

The surgeon said he can detect a dermoid cyst by placing a bag of ice over the afflicted region - "If I hear teeth chattering, it's a dermoid."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, Maureen Boccaccio said:

@Elora Lunasea and @Ghosty Kips:

 

image.thumb.png.5376c09ff170876deaa2e891c8b4d060.png

LOL

Ghosty and I and friends visited a llama farm a few weeks ago. 

This guy was the old man of the group. Most were quite friendly but this one? He was done with all of it lol

 

 

wut.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez - One of my groups sent out a notecard today titled "How to increase your LOD".  It gave instructions for how to increase your LOD to 3 or 4 in various viewers so that your objects would look better.

*sigh*

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...