Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

mostly in houses built before 1820.

Any dwellings here at that time would have been teepees.

In 1881, a water well was dug for a train water station and thus created "civilization" for the area.  Surely humans as a species did not exist before that!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Walk in closets are not typical in the UK except at the high end ££.

However many newer builds have an en-suite bathroom plus a family bathroom.

We don't have an en-suite or a walk in closet. Just free standing wardrobes which are rammed with stuff........

Those pictures above is what my SL inventory would look like in RL. *blushes*.

• Like 4

image.png.f4b606e5947f36ee0c8328c20a4f40aa.png 

Happy Monday!  Take a trip down memory lane (if you can still remember those days) of peace and love and harmony, and a pretty good song!:D

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin´, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin´, Monday mornin´ couldn´t guarantee
That Monday evenin´ you would still be here with me

Monday, Monday, can´t trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin´ you gave me no warnin´ of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me
Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin´ all of the time
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, BelindaN said:

However many newer builds have an en-suite bathroom plus a family bathroom.

Here in the US I think bathrooms within the Master bedroom have been standard in most mid-range and above houses since at least the 1965-1970 time frame.  I can't even imagine a house without that anymore.  If the house is multi-level, it will usually have a family bathroom upstairs with the bedrooms, at least a 3/4 bathroom in the master bedroom, and then a powder room (1/2 bath) on the main floor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here in the US I think bathrooms within the Master bedroom have been standard in most mid-range and above houses since at least the 1965-1970 time frame.  I can't even imagine a house without that anymore.  If the house is multi-level, it will usually have a family bathroom upstairs with the bedrooms, at least a 3/4 bathroom in the master bedroom, and then a powder room (1/2 bath) on the main floor.

I've posted this before, the original bathroom from the cottage that is now the family room of my home...5b568325cc05a_MaddysOuthouse.thumb.jpg.342ca842c3a11a59982f52329d5e44e9.jpg

I have indoor plumbing now.

One of my neighbors has a bathroom that's nearly as big as my family room, complete with hot-tub, sauna, and a shower that seats six.

I'd feel more comfortable using the outhouse.

Happy Monday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

Uuuugh I'm dying.
It's 31°c / 87.8°F here today. Hottest day will be thursday with 35°C/95°F, and of course, it's pretty humid.
I've hung a tablecloth onto my window, so the dreaded afternoon-sun doesn't roast me alive.

Decided to switch from plain rice to  whole-wheat rice today. I allready switched to whole wheat noodles some time ago. I'm a desaster in the kitchen (although I LOVE to watch american cooking shows.), but I'm trying to get better at that and be a bit more healthy. Also, I really need to lose my fear of seasoning.

Went to the local Telekom-shop today, to ask them wtf is up with my internet being almost non existent. The nice person at the counter told me that my router, or rather it's model, is known to have issues with VDSL. Oh, okay. It would have been nice if the person who sold me the new VDSL Plan and the other person I had to ask, or the technician who enabled it in my apartment, all of whom knew my router, told me that beforehand. Gottverdammt.
At least it's easy enough to fix that. I'm going to bring them my old one, and get a new one rented for the same price. 
But I need to find my access data, else I'm going to have to order a new one. I'm really bad with paperwork. Or order. I'm the personification of chaos, really.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Uuuugh I'm dying.

...prepares to resuscitate you.

3 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I've hung a tablecloth onto my window, so the dreaded afternoon-sun doesn't roast me alive.

...reconsiders, as it seems being roasted alive isn't the form of resuscitation you'd choose. (Hey, at least you'd be alive, right?)

5 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

whole-wheat rice

How is that possible?! Wheat is wheat, rice is rice!

6 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm the personification of chaos, really.

...swoons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...prepares to resuscitate you.

...reconsiders, as it seems being roasted alive isn't the form of resuscitation you'd choose. (Hey, at least you'd be alive, right?)

How is that possible?! Wheat is wheat, rice is rice!

...swoons.

Well, I would consider it, if I were a phoenix! Alas, I am not, so.. I'd rather stay in the cold, cooold embrace of death! :D

Whoops. Google says I meant whole grain! See, even my translations are chaotic.

Don't swoon too soon, you should see my apartment first when I had one of my "inspirations" where I would attempt to tame the chaos and try to order everything, only to get overwhelmed midway and it's then even worse than before. 

Yep, I've mastered the art of living on my own!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Yep, I've mastered the art of living on my own!

It is an art!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I createbehold chaos and see beauty!

I think the aphorism "there's a place for everything and everything in its place" is misunderstood. My place is for everything, and it's all here... somewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It is an art!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I createbehold chaos and see beauty!

I think the aphorism "there's a place for everything and everything in its place" is misunderstood. My place is for everything, and it's all here... somewhere.

My mess is a place. Everything is obeying the laws of horizontal spaces.

Peace!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I still remember the outhouse at my grandparent's cabin down at the lake and I remember how super happy I was when they finally got indoor plumbing there.

Outhouses were still popular into the late 20’s, early 30’s in average towns. It was best to do your business away from the house, was the mindset of the time. It was a place you could be alone in your most private moments.  It also kept the odor of those 'private moments ' away from the house. There were still a few of them left in town where I hail from into the late 30's even though indoor plumbing was available.  

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 3