Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm super scared of Texas now. 

Also, I had another disconnect, although it was only one - but that was still like the others, took a lot of time, I had to restart the router. So.. maybe it wasn't the routers fault at all.

Also, I'm propably going to get a mainland parcel. And with propably I mean I'm already looking at houses. And got some decor. Woho! Time to bed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Me: How about a small, cozy home, lot's of clutter, some nice greenery outside, maybe even a pool.

Also me: I need this.

hrmpf.thumb.jpg.111031cc58a88f2b5eda4bc8188d719a.jpg

^^ this.

At least this time I managed to overcome the urgent need of a big house and choose a big garden / beach area over a big house. But I guess it won't last long.

• Like 2

I actually got that house now. The others where either too small, or too pricey for what I had in mind. 
To make up for the lost garden, I went and ditched the outdoor area in front of the house, removed the stairs, the stonefloor and the pillars, got rid of most parts of the back entrance, and scaled it down somewhat (which I need to do, since I'm actually pretty tall - I never really scaled down due to me already looking like a gnome in my Lindenhome. WITH heels, I might add.)
Due to that, I went from somewhat around 70LI to 36LI, apparently.

Also, no housewarming party yet - I still need to get the land first, which might take some time. Syo helped me a lot to figure out what to do, and delighted me with her great sense of style.

• Like 5

that house is very nice, I wanted to buy it once but I chose something else instead. I am always torn between having a spacious medium size house with as much open space as possible and a building with a few cozy rooms. It is so hard to find a perfect one :D

and now I think if I should throw a housewarming party but... umm... I am bad at parties

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kotelle said:

that house is very nice, I wanted to buy it once but I chose something else instead. I am always torn between having a spacious medium size house with as much open space as possible and a building with a few cozy rooms. It is so hard to find a perfect one :D

and now I think if I should throw a housewarming party but... umm... I am bad at parties

Just say where and when and the rest will take care of itself.......xD

• Like 1

Guess who's not invited!
Nah, I'm joking. You're always welcome to burn my house and my dreams to the ground, Maddy.

38 minutes ago, Kotelle said:

Just lay out some food, a cake for me, and some music, and just watch as desaster starts!

• Like 1

I got kinda burned out on big houses—always seemed like I had way more space than I could use—but I like the style of this one. I bet it looks better without the big front deck/porch and the column business: cleaner. Have fun with it. :-)

Ooops! I see I biffed the comment: this bit was supposed to be in the quote up there.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I got kinda burned out on big houses—always seemed like I had way more space than I could use—but I like the style of this one. I bet it looks better without the big front deck/porch and the column business: cleaner. Have fun with it. :-)

Ooops! I see I biffed the comment: this bit was supposed to be in the quote up there.

Yeah I was a bit confused there, heh.
Well, they do. I actually covered up part of my linden home, and choose the quad, because that seemed to me like less space I have to fill, compared to the other ones. 

Well, it looks good to me! I've played around with it a little, tinted a few parts to see how that looks.. Might change out the wooden texture of the house itself for stone. I also tried to make it a bit more slim, but that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

Now I'm scaling my avatar - from 1.91m down to 1.75m. That's a bit harder, since I'm trying to preserve the overall look of my shape. 

• Like 2

Thanks. I just sent you a quick note in PM about this, too.  And you're right about maintaining shape with height on the avatar: very difficult.

I thought you looked a lot taller than me the one time I saw you at Sunday Breakfast, but you weren't all that tall. I'm 1.85m, about my RL height. Now I'll be taller.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I got kinda burned out on big houses—always seemed like I had way more space than I could use.

My RL home is far larger than I need, and remodeling it consumes all my time these days. I really look forward to having it done so I can tackle some other oversized project. In SL, I've always preferred small houses. The first one I built was a lighthouse, with beams of light containing cuddle poses and a dance floor on top. My second home was a grass hut, and my third and final home is this...
5b5b3e2937221_DevilatHome.thumb.jpg.38c690870d1b7459919e85e3c24c37fd.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Thanks. I just sent you a quick note in PM about this, too.  And you're right about maintaining shape with height on the avatar: very difficult.

I thought you looked a lot taller than me the one time I saw you at Sunday Breakfast, but you weren't all that tall. I'm 1.85m, about my RL height. Now I'll be taller.

I'm actually 1.70m in RL, and I originaly wanted to scale down to that, because it's a good hight, but it turned out somewhat stocky. Propably because I'm super used to Sukubia having a slightly longer belly. Squisching that, made her look even more voluptous. :D

Also, I'm kind of not looking forward to adjust all my avatars that have unrigged stuff attached. Woho!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My RL home is far larger than I need, and remodeling it consumes all my time these days. I really look forward to having it done so I can tackle some other oversized project. In SL, I've always preferred small houses. The first one I built was a lighthouse, with beams of light containing cuddle poses and a dance floor on top. My second home was a grass hut, and my third and final home is this...
5b5b3e2937221_DevilatHome.thumb.jpg.38c690870d1b7459919e85e3c24c37fd.jpg

It buuurns!

I prefer small - middle sized homes in SL, it depends a bit on what interior design I want. When I want it more modern, I'm going for a bit bigger.
Knowing myself, I'll make a few different setups to switch. Because I am super certain I also need a small rustig cottage cluttered with medieval and magic styled items for when I feel like that again. I really need to win the lottery so I can get a sim.

• Like 2

As  I have commented in another thread, I don't spend much SL time in houses, so I tend to ignore my own.  I do use the rooftop work area in this pre-mesh era skybox for fiddling with small projects, though.  It gives me room to rez temporary projects where they won't add to ground-level clutter on my region.  I haven't changed anything on the main floor in years, though.

6f8928aa81f06f33493af4bdc4b52bad.jpg

d8a532b44ce7e010e8b476ba270df7a5.jpg

No fireplace, Maddy.  :(

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.