Possibly Changing Your Region To Adult Due To TOS?

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes I have a parcel set up like that for my Reiki Center. Outsiders can't view inside that parcel or hear discussions, and my security parrot boots them if they enter the space.

I would forget the security "parrot" and just set the land below as I have hobbit home.  uncheck 1 and 2.  Put your friends in 3 or assign a group pass to the land and set it in 2.   They don't have to be booted, they can't even get in.  

At first I though this looked good, but it would block access to my store below the Reiki center.  It's never been easy for me, having so much going on in the same place.

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's expensive, but at least the G side of Bay City is somewhat less expensive than the M side. Not sure about the others (in part because Nova Albion is always extortion-by-a-madman expensive).

All of Bay City and Sherm is insane money for very little land, and it just sits there .. forever for sake (or rent).

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

At first I though this looked good, but it would block access to my store below the Reiki center.  It's never been easy for me, having so much going on in the same place.

You would need to have it on the ground.  General security bans like that only go to 75m I believe.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

All of Bay City and Sherm is insane money for very little land, and it just sits there .. forever for sake (or rent).

Now that's interesting! It implies I could dump my "A" 2X prim land for "good L$", and "easily" find an equivalent G-rated 2X prim parcel instead!

I think it makes sense if that is the case, who in their right mind would be into G-rated Second Life AND want to spend L$$$$ for a parcel?  Besides someone like me, I mean.

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You would need to have it on the ground.  General security bans like that only go to 75m I believe. 

I guess I could put the Reiki Center into a huge mushroom or tree stump to fit the super-fantasy style of the park..lol.  But seriously, people undergoing a Reiki treatment and sometimes discussing private stuff like to have a sense of being far away from prying eyes and ears, even if I had the parcel set to block eyes and ears.  So I guess my trusty parrot will have to do...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Bay City moves slower than I could stand if I were a landflipper, but it moves. I used to think the same of Zindra, but that sells too, just at a glacial pace.

Nova Albion, though… even though I once owned a 560 there through some long forgotten land swap, I can't really see the appeal, and yet prices are many times higher than the best of Bay City. Sure, they're more historical but golly.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Now that's interesting! It implies I could dump my "A" 2X prim land for "good L$", and "easily" find an equivalent G-rated 2X prim parcel instead!

I think it makes sense if that is the case, who in their right mind would be into G-rated Second Life AND want to spend L$$$$ for a parcel?  Besides someone like me, I mean.

Well, "right mind" might be a stretch but I have one roadside in Bay City - Dennis. I use it to run traffic probes to track the ferries, balloons, and Route 66 buses for "transit maps". I kept a roadside 16 in Nova Albion for tracking the Luna Oaks / Dore trolley.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

for tracking the Luna Oaks / Dore trolley.

I read this and got a "warm and fuzzy". ❤️ 

Or a frisson, if you prefer, although it wasn't due to chills.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

If you wear BOM underwear while AFK then how exactly is anyone going to get you naked without consent?

And if you can't wear alphas or BOM underwear you should probably be on Adult anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is supposed to be a thread about those concerned they might have to change their maturity setting due to the new TOS. 

Can we get back on topic as it was until Love derailed it, in the way he always derails my threads.

You could wear a modesty layer for your system skin, then a tattoo head and body skin for your mesh body and head.

They can derender until the cows come home and not get anywhere..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are things that need to change, but most of the things impact people who are child avatars (they have to wear modesty skins), creators (who have to make those skins) and people who run adult regions that previously allowed child avatars (they have to change to moderate or ban child avatars). You are no more likely to have someone file a fake AR for standing in your moderate region next to a child avatar as you were before. Just like before, it'd be clear from the logs that someone was lying (you're wearing clothes, you're inactive, you don't say anything in chat in response).

I would suggest you lock any adult furniture to group or a whitelist, as this has always been a good security feature if you plan to go afk on furniture. But nothing has changed about that. There have always been potential griefing issues with adult furniture.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

There are things that need to change, but most of the things impact people who are child avatars (they have to wear modesty skins), creators (who have to make those skins) and people who run adult regions that previously allowed child avatars (they have to change to moderate or ban child avatars). You are no more likely to have someone file a fake AR for standing in your moderate region next to a child avatar as you were before. Just like before, it'd be clear from the logs that someone was lying (you're wearing clothes, you're inactive, you don't say anything in chat in response).

I would suggest you lock any adult furniture to group or a whitelist, as this has always been a good security feature if you plan to go afk on furniture. But nothing has changed about that. There have always been potential griefing issues with adult furniture.

Oh I know, Polenth...if you read some of my other comments when this fiasco all started I was concerned about the child avatars and felt they were being disadvantaged terribly. And I still have that concern.

But I started thinking of how the adults might run into some problems too, so began to worry.  And as I said, there's some people after me!

Posted (edited)

It would be more advantageous to just wear BOM undies if you're concerned about griefers. But as others have mentioned, I'm sure governance is able to investigate to show you were not at fault. Plus you would be automatically restricting access to possibly some really good and innocent customers by switching to the adult designation.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm considering changing my 2 regions to Adult due to the new TOS. Is anybody else considering this?

Often I go AFK in my own sims and it leaves me wide open to griefer child avatars coming to stand beside me and derendering my clothes or something.  I've got a couple major enemies here, and some have delighted in getting me time-outs on the forum via various manipulations, so no doubt they'd love to be able to get me banned from SL completely.

The following exchange from yesterday's Governance Office Hours might reassure you

[14:52] Tapple Gao: For a long time, I have heard rumors about bad actors using firestorm's derender function to remove someone's clothing then abuse report them or someone near them for inappropriate nudity or association with nudity.  There's a firestorm jira to remove the ability to derender clothes, and I just made a pull request about it a few days ago. Two questions:
- Is falsified abuse report photos actually a big problem?
- Is this part of what caused modesty layer requirements?

[14:54] Tommy Linden: In regards to potentially falsified reports, this is why we do not rely on just the report itself, it is merely the starting point that we use for our investigation. As mentioned previously, I can not disclose our internal tools, but we have various ways to review a report and the context around every situation, to help us ensure we are taking the appropriate action.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

It would be more advantageous to just wear BOM undies if you're concerned about griefers. But as others have mentioned, I'm sure governance is able to investigate to show you were not at fault. Plus you would be automatically restricting access to possibly some really good and innocent customers by switching to the adult designation.

I'll have to try that, now that I've got a pretty good handle on BOM.

And yes...don't want to restrict customers as well as those who could enjoy the park, and making it A would likely make it seem like one of the sex-parks, and that is not my intention for this nature area.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

If you're ever AFK in SL it's not a bad idea to make sure you're on an A-rated region first, or have security on your furniture such that only group members, named people, or yourself can sit on it.

At the same time - if you run one of, or partake in; those AFK 'stuff and things' businesses - the new TOS is protection for you. I presume all of those businesses were already on A-rated land (or just phenomenally stupid). Anyone in such a place, if it's on A-rated land, can now rest assured they won't be in trouble for screenshots people take.

Once again, the point of M-land is a little confusing now. But at least a little less so than it was before.

Child AVs would be best staying on G now as I presume that in any 'war of the screenshots' the burden will be on them. If on G-land, they'd win the issue. On A-land they'd lose the issue. On M-land... we have to look deeper and I'd think the burden is going to be on the one who causes the most bad press.

But unless you have a venue that intends to cater to Child-AVs, the difference between M and A is largely meaningless for who can reach you - so go with A. If I was a large brand shop, right now I'd be closing any M-rated venues and getting an A-rated mainstore with a non-adjacent G-rated satellite. For some brands - the other way around.

Just now, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I always just have many single seat PG chairs available for use just for situations like this.

A safe place to sit.  LL knows if clothes were derendered. 

Legs crossed in a ladylike fashion, I should hope. Not "manspreading"!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Legs crossed in a ladylike fashion, I should hope. Not "manspreading"!

Full man-spreading!  I flipping love traditional male sits for my avs!

Have you seen the traditional female sits?  They are ridiculous.  No woman sits like that.

/me slouches in her chair

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Have you seen the traditional female sits?  They are ridiculous.  No woman sits like that.

Oh gawd, please don't get me started on gendered stands and sits. LMAO.

I use the same AO for my male and female avatars (the AO animations do lean pretty active and feminine), but I found a set of male AO stands that were little more than compulsive flexing and I was SO tempted to add some in. I was hunched over wheeze-laughing with tears in my eyes on the pose stand in the store. 😂

And I agree with the other advice given - BOM layers and PG sits are a good solution. I prefer to just go AFK in my own private parcel, though - with the security on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

* blushes and tries not to look *

• Haha 1

The premise of this thread is ridiculous. LL has said repeatedly that they can see what your avatar was wearing and who appeared on what region when. No rogue troll in a child avatar is going to get you banned by derendering your skirt. Unclutch your pearls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1