Lindens Statements from Governance Meeting

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Codex Alpha said:

Yet the colors they chose to market to you and get your attention is based on pink, and pastel colors, that are usually appreciated by women, and appeals to them.

NO.

It's shown on one picture in pink because the CREATOR chose that, not the customers. who mostly don't wear it in pink at all.

There's one store, almost EVERY vendor picture shows the item in pink, but the colours are sold singly, and guess which colours sell best?

Onyx, Snow, Blood, Scarlet.

The irony is that the image is predominantly pink

There's another store, on the MP, to a casual idiot acting in "bad faith", their store is a sea of "pink", but if you actually click on an item and look at it' individual page, there's 4 pictures off the  dress, one pink, one black, one white, one red, and a picture of the 30 colour hud.

If you actually BUY the dress, when you put it on straight out of the box, the default colour is... Black.

But that "bad faith" idiot, scanning a page of dresses screams "but they ae all pink so you stupid mere females don't KNOW what colours you wear or buy, or see other stupid mere females wearing. I know you're all wrong because *I* wear trousers! Blue ones!".

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, and lawyering

No that's what YOU are doing. Want more examples?

Try this store, notice how many of the single colour items are black or red, and then look at the multi colour fat-packs and see how they have MULTIIPLE pictures in different colours.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/en-US/stores/170498

All the lawyering that goes on around here, the arguing and dismissal of the fraudulent anti-female BS most common sense things

Fixed that for you.

I don't see a sea of pink everywhere I go in SL, or RL on females, I personally never wear pink, it's "he Colour of Evil". And II certainly NEVER buy anything BECAUSE it can be coloured "pink" or any "pastel shade", EVER.

Apparently 'the best judgement of the community' cannot be relied on.

Really? It seems pretty clear the "community" petty much agrees that 99% of your posts are what people acting "in good faith" would refer to a "utterly wrong".

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Plus if it's a gift they usually give the gift in some god awful color so you will buy the real color you want. Black, White, Brown, Beige, or patterned. 

One more.mint green or lavender piece of clothing and I'll scream.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Don't look at me as the bad person for having to even point this stuff out. Its VERY common here. People will go PAGES reacting to what someone apparently said - which isn't even true.

The first Law of Holes: "When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Do colors need modesty layers, tho.

Anyhoo, I don't think anyone's particularly concerned about what colors their bras, panties, boxx0rz, bloomers, or speedos will come in. Probably a variety. Maybe even patterns!

I think some are more concerned with what they're going to look like, will they break existing content, will they play nice with low/open back tops/swimwear/dresses, will they allow people to present as whatever the heck they want without feeling pushed or punished, and whether they're tight enough to cut into the underarms/hips - gawd that is SO ANNOYINGGGG!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Except in this particular instance, it was between a couple, presumably partnered, chatting with each other but in separate locations, in IM where both were banned. Not a random hookup with one potentially a pedofile, but a trusted partner. LL is scraping the barrel if they have to monitor the IM's between a couple to find some cause for banning.

I commend you for trying to talk sense to LL but personally feel it is a lost cause. They are too quick to say one thing and do another. That is aside from how many in the Forums here that are looking to AR any potential minor appearing avatars. How many would like to stab you with an AR the moment you turn your back then blame you for not following the new rules?

Seems like everyone has knives out to AR as many people as possible. It will be a blood bath.

😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Or you could argue it's stopping people from doing things they shouldn't be doing? I imagine in certain circumstances LL would try to educate people first, but not for the sort of thing we're discussing. 

It will stop nothing, if you want to engage in in banned activity, do it with a throw away avatar… oh boo hoo hoo my two day old child avi got banned, whatever will I do?

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

noooo if you dig deep enough, you might come out the other side 😁

The Grid is flat, if you come out the other side, you are in the Void beneath the Grid, and you fall forever.

Wait...

He should KEEP DIGGING!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I'm not sure what this thread is about. Something about pink?  

*scans a bit more but not too much..

All I can say is it's of utmost importance to be right about pink!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People miss the point of that thread. It's not about being kind all the time. It's about responding when someone else is mean or unkind. 

After awhile, my patience with people constantly telling others they don't know how to read and they're responding wrongly gets thin so I do reply in kind.  Which means, not so kindly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Moles

Hi gang!

The pink discussion has been interesting (even if pink is sort of an icky color IMO), but it really is off topic. Please get back to talking about Linden statements from the Governance Meeting, which is the thread topic.

• Thanks 11
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

After awhile, my patience with people constantly telling others they don't know how to read and they're responding wrongly gets thin so I do reply in kind.  Which means, not so kindly.

It helps to not take ones' self too seriously.

On Topic, now there's an idea:

Whereas, there is some controversy over certain "anime-style" characters, I propose that certain characters are not intended to be taken seriously as young.  Like Waifu's and Hucow's!

• Thanks 1

I don't know what else there is to discuss.  I don't envy Governance having to field all the edge-cases that might get AR'd.  If they look at an avatar and can't tell by looks alone, then I bet they let it slide.  No AR for existing on adult land. It should only be in the case of overwhelming evidence that they should act.  Things like obvious babies or toddlers and obvious proof of banned activities.  

I also don't envy Governance in fielding revenge ARs on Moderate land by angry, outgoing accounts of those who feel wronged by the new rules. If they're leaving anyway, why not go full scorched-earth on the way out?

It's not just one side of the adult/kid feud that needs to worry.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Do colors need modesty layers, tho.

Anyhoo, I don't think anyone's particularly concerned about what colors their bras, panties, boxx0rz, bloomers, or speedos will come in. Probably a variety. Maybe even patterns!

I think some are more concerned with what they're going to look like, will they break existing content, will they play nice with low/open back tops/swimwear/dresses, will they allow people to present as whatever the heck they want without feeling pushed or punished, and whether they're tight enough to cut into the underarms/hips - gawd that is SO ANNOYINGGGG!!!!

At least we don't have to worry about underwires poking us in SL.

• Like 3