So what changed in the Terms of Service?

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

LL is discouraging pedophiles. It's LL's platform. 

I think discouraging pedophiles should be just as accepted as punching Nazis. That being said, there are people who get offended at the thought of punching Nazis.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

It was a nice new TOS though, very organized, paragraphs defined well, no grammar errors.

I was impressed with that.   As a writer in RL I thought it was elegantly written. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, I did not know these approaches were possible. It sure makes sense!

That'd be how I do it on the actual body level:  Make the body with the base mesh being all BOM that'd hold skins/tattoo/system layer clothes, make it toggle-able (maybe) for appliers skins.  Then add a block of mesh faces over the top of those areas that require modesty that would be permanently opaque in whatever apropo styling.  Not that hard in the grand scheme of things really. that way it could never be gotten around and it wouldn't depend on skin makers to do the work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

This is what makes me so angry.  They are punishing us for something we didn't do, and they dont' care.  We have been in SL for a years together.  In one stroke they wipe out years worth of content across several accounts.   She said its just not worth it any more.  The thing that angers me the most, they simply don't' care.   We may have small avatars but we do build communities and we do build relations with people.     I think I'm done.

Almost every G rated activity, venue and product only happens here because there is a child avatar either behind the brand or in the family of. No one else gives a 💩 because it's not personally important to them. If we lose the child avatar community we lose all hope of this ever being anything other than humping avatars .. and liars who deny humping avatars.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Or you are not relating to the implications for the affected avatars?

The implications if they cannot or will not follow the rules? We live in a rule-based society.

These people may be leaving as the only way they know how to take personal responsibility; if so, I applaud them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The answer was in regards to this specific new policy.  No.idea.if this has always been the case.

I always hear about people who got banned for AP who swear up.and down they never engaged in that behavior.  Not once does anyone say they knew someone who was banned that admitted that's exactly what they did.  I find it extremely hard to fathom that all these people were.banned for no reason.  Seems counterproductive for.the Lab to do that.  

It does but then the Lab is not known for its rationality where it regards the platform. Goes back to what I have said before that the Labs 20 year success has been in spite of them, not because.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yeah people left in March too. Because LL was doing nothing. 

No matter what, people will complain, you know?

What's different about THIS thread is, I don't hear a lot of "this will be the end of Second Life". I find that interesting.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

That'd be how I do it on the actual body level:  Make the body with the base mesh being all BOM that'd hold skins/tattoo/system layer clothes, make it toggle-able (maybe) for appliers skins.  Then add a block of mesh faces over the top of those areas that require modesty that would be permanently opaque in whatever apropo styling.  Not that hard in the grand scheme of things really. that way it could never be gotten around and it wouldn't depend on skin makers to do the work.

That would actually be a workable solution. It would still break a lot of content but I guess it's better than being ouright banned ☹️ Perhaps a hud to change the design on underwear. Doesn't have to be anything fancy but just more options than white. Right now I'm not particularly picky since 'might still be banned,' is better than 'will definitely be banned,' come June 30th. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Almost every G rated activity, venue and product only happens here because there is a child avatar either behind the brand or in the family of. No one else gives a 💩 because it's not personally important to them. If we lose the child avatar community we lose all hope of this ever being anything other than humping avatars .. and liars who deny humping avatars.

You just dismissed the entire community of Tinies, Dinkies, and a huge percentage of wholesome Furries. Not cool.

• Like 4

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

You just dismissed the entire community of Tinies, Dinkies, and a huge percentage of wholesome Furries. Not cool.

I mean yeah that's so not cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have known someone who got banned for AP. In fact, she told me she got banned 3 times. She just kept coming back creating a new avatar, and set it up as a child avatar. She said it was her way of dealing with the S abuse she had suffered in RL. Wasn't long after the fourth avatar was banned.

Edited by Indy Melody
spelling correction
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

This is what makes me so angry.  They are punishing us for something we didn't do, and they dont' care.  We have been in SL for a years together.  In one stroke they wipe out years worth of content across several accounts.   She said its just not worth it any more.  The thing that angers me the most, they simply don't' care.   We may have small avatars but we do build communities and we do build relations with people.     I think I'm done.

If you feel punished by the new rules and your IQ is a bit better than the IQ of a piece of bread then I´d suggest to log off and grow up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Do they err on the side of caution and make something that trashes vast swathes of their customers inventory, or the other way and risk exposing them to bans for insufficient modesty coverage.

Two months doesn't seem to me an inordinately short time to edit a mesh or copy/paste briefs on a bunch of skins in Photoshop, assuming that the Lab gets back to them in a timely fashion about exactly what's required. Obviously that's a big assumption, but it's in their own interests to ensure their new ToS gets complied with.

(I still don't see how I get banned for 'insufficient modesty coverage' if I'm wearing BOM underwear AND alpha-ing out 90% of my body. Ultimately that has to be the end user's responsibility, not the creator's.)

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

If you feel punished by the new rules and your IQ is a bit better than the IQ of a piece of bread then I´d suggest to log off and grow up.

I can honestly say, I no longer care about your option. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's different about THIS thread is, I don't hear a lot of "this will be the end of Second Life". I find that interesting.

The 2007 AP outrage lead to the clamp down and exile of adult activities and creation of Zindra.

We're in the same cycle, lets see if this ends with just new rules for child avatars. Or are there more shoes to drop.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The 2007 AP outrage lead to the clamp down and exile of adult activities and creation of Zindra.

We're in the same cycle, lets see if this ends with just new rules for child avatars. Or are there more shoes to drop.

no we - using a loose ' we ' are not. You are not Me

7 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Two months doesn't seem to me an inordinately short time to edit a mesh or copy/paste briefs on a bunch of skins in Photoshop, assuming that the Lab gets back to them in a timely fashion about exactly what's required.

It's probably not. But you know the sky is falling, worst day in sl ever, child avatars will have to leave... because LL wants them to wear underwear. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The 2007 scandal was the beginning of the end of growth. Over the following year almost all significant companies withdrew their sims and offices and investments from SL. It also finished the hype, after that the media turned from support to criticism and finally to ignorance. Linden Lab cannot afford another incident of the same kind, and the laissez faire of the past few years endangers the entire platform. They must act now, and they did and will. Nothing would destroy the platform so easily than another pedo affair in the media.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Right now I'm not particularly picky since 'might still be banned,' is better than 'will definitely be banned,' come June 30th. 

The Senra avatar is free. Can't you just use that until a suitable solution is to your liking? There is no reason to be banned at all. So you lose a few months of RPing as a child. Big deal.

• Like 3