So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Just now, Qie Niangao said:

Dumb question I'm too lazy to check: Is there a Senra child avatar? Could/should there be, all pre-modesty'd and all?

No, just Jamie and...what's his face? Bob? Max? *peeks* Oh, Blake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

which aren't always fully adult.

when your region is moderate,  as there's only one option to choose, there's nothing keeping you from giving access to the M side .. could be a workable situation.
or... and... perhaps... post  a feature request for private regions to have a split rating.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Denim Robonaught said:

No? they just got forbidden access to a ton of islands, which aren't always fully adult.

If the participation of child avatars is a valued part of the social interactions in such places, then it will be worth their while to change their ratings to Moderate.

Region owners are going to have a decision here: what is more important to them? Adult activities, or kiddie avatars?

As Coffee and others have noted previously, the main differences between Moderate and Adult are that 1) sex can't be "public" in M-rated areas, and 2) you can only advertise Adult events for A-rated areas. And honest, sorry . . . I don't think kid avatars should be hanging around places where there is public sexuality. That would violate nearly every other part of these rules.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• Updated our internal Policies and Procedures
  • Implemented personnel changes

Odd that personnel changes were made, given that no wrongdoing was found during their investigation.  Seems drastic.

As usual, I find myself wishing I were a fly on the wall and heard what the new internal policies are, and what personnel changes were made.

Does anyone else think Patch is much less inworld-accessible than previously?  It could be that he's simply busy, with added marketing responsibilities, I guess.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Region owners are going to have a decision here: what is more important to them? Adult activities, or kiddie avatars?

This bans child avatars. It’s just region owners acting out of fear rather than LL. 

• Like 1

Q: If someone is walking through a region wearing exposed genitalia and walks past me (a child avatar), will I be in trouble if someone takes a picture and reports me?

A: No, our investigative process can determine accidental exposure. Again, child avatars should not be engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected. The presence of adult content does not warrant the expectation of use.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

This bans child avatars. It’s just region owners acting out of fear rather than LL. 

I think that will often be the case, yes.

But these rules are much clearer than the older ones; there's less room for ambiguity, and hence for fear of ARs.

• Like 6

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

Odd that personnel changes were made, given that no wrongdoing was found during their investigation. 

covering business risks for the next weirdo that post accusations about bs .. it was already predicted users would pay the price

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

And then I have an entire adult zone on a moderate sim

No part of a Moderate region can be re-rated as Adult. Whatever the region rating is, thats the maximum setting for any parcel within the region.

You can choose to go down, make your parcel G instead of M, but you can't make it Adult.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Stand next to afk child avatar naked. Report. 
derender clothing of adults near child avatars. Report. 
Derender clothing of child avatar. Report. 

So you saying false report them?  If that is the case, you are basically breaking TOS to falsely report them. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I admit I didn't read the new ToS because not agreeing just wasn't an option for me. :D 

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

What don't you agree with exactly? 

I didn't read it so I don't know if there is anything in it with which I disagree.  I was simply expressing the impossibility of not wanting to go into SL again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

given that no wrongdoing was found during their investigation

There was a second-hand report that one Linden had said this -- but that was before Oberwager's blog post. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think there has been any further communication on the outcome of any investigation. These changes are the first really visible results we've seen?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

When the punishment for them getting it wrong is an all accounts perma ban. I’m glad to see the appeal process remains unchanged. 

That's always been true.

And, again, these rules are much less ambiguous. There's much less chance of an "unfortunate accident" now.

• Like 3

Skims through back and forth a little

Still no clear definition of what constitutes a 'child avatar' though? Short/petite people in adult areas still living on the edge?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, again, these rules are much less ambiguous. There's much less chance of an "unfortunate accident" now.

I think there is a perception that with the recent attention on the topic, and the changes in rules, that there will be a closer look at violations / more reports, etc.

Not necessarily true, unless things were going unreported - one would hope!

But on the positive side, if people DO follow the new rules, then there should be LESS violations / reporting etc.

IMHO <= disclaimer

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There was a second-hand report that one Linden had said this -- but that was before Oberwager's blog post. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think there has been any further communication on the outcome of any investigation. These changes are the first really visible results we've seen?

I was referring to this, from the blog post we're discussing, the one Oberwager just dropped.

We recently posted our initial response to community concerns about alleged violations of company and community policies by employees, contractors, and community members.  Since that time, we have conducted multiple thorough investigations to look closely at whether there were specific infractions or problematic interactions that needed us to take action. 

The investigation determined that all Lindens and contractors have stayed in compliance with our own community guidelines, as well as unwritten, ethical guidelines. I do not make this statement lightly, and I know there will be plenty of discussion. 

If no infractions of policy at all, why make personnel changes?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7