So what changed in the Terms of Service?

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

(Zali should be proud of me for suggesting that

Nah... My suggestion would be to abandon the Bellicosian anti-Privacy zone altogether.

2 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

I don't go outside my linden home so I should be safe!

You can rent a double prim 1024 parcel in Horizons, A Rated, lots spaced out, some landscaping, and roads, and canals, like Bellicosia, but nicer because A rated, and no stupid pro-privacy-hating-griefer friendly covenant of Awfulness, for about L$400 a week.

Guaranteed kid free, and you can have an orb that actually works properly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

I would have to find a security orb that bounces people in a few seconds or less. It's also a hassle to have. Plus you can't put any lewd things out in your front yard or back yard. What if I wanna go full tentacle pit theme for halloween? Or setup lewd looking statues that may or may not be grabby.

I know having a kid barging into my linden home is an extremely rare scenario, but I have had strangers barge in. So while it is very unlikely, the fear is still there in the back of my head about it. lol

Tentacles would be appropriate decor for Halloween or in water regions (Houseboat, Fantasy, Stilt Homes). They just may not do anything sexual.

• Like 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Tentacles would be appropriate decor for Halloween or in water regions (Houseboat, Fantasy, Stilt Homes). They just may not do anything sexual.

Tentacles would also be appropriate for an HP Lovecraft themed region 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Subjective....based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

As we've seen, it's highly subjective based on a number of factors.  Race, gender, age, social background.  What you see and what I see as adult differs.  Neither of us are right since they are our opinions.  That is what subjective means.

Again Not everything is subjective I wouldn't act like it is.(I don't get what so confusing about that)

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I think people are getting this wrong. It is the Child Avatar that is run by the dirty ole..and that is why the rules are in place.

It sounds like different people have different interpretations of the rules. So it isn't the lack of rules but how we each see and interpret them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Age verification is coming .. see lab gab.

And again, Linden Lab has learned nothing. We’ve been down this road before,when LL used Aristotle as an age verification system (circa 2007-2013? It was after the first round of a**play scandals happened in 2007). It was quietly dropped because it didn’t work, and could be easily spoofed. But sure, let’s go down that road again.

i agree, though, age verification should be a separate issue with its own thread. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Then again Not everything is subjective I wouldn't act like it is.

You're correct!  Not everything is subjective!  Never acted like it was either!   Finally, we agree on something!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I think people are getting this wrong. It is the Child Avatar that is run by the dirty ole..and that is why the rules are in place.

No.

It takes 2 people in most cases to engage in improper sexual behavior in SL, though if one avatar is engaging in self-pleasuring, then they are the one engaging in improper sexual behavior. There are bad actors who use child avatars and bad actors who use adult avatars, but in both cases there are vastly more people who would never want to engage in such behavior.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're correct!  Not everything is subjective!  Never acted like it was either!   Finally, we agree on something!  

Again I don't really agree I never said I did.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No.

It takes 2 people in most cases to engage in improper sexual behavior in SL, though if one avatar is engaging in self-pleasuring, then they are the one engaging in improper sexual behavior. There are bad actors who use child avatars and bad actors who use adult avatars, but in both cases there are vastly more people who would never want to engage in such behavior.

Vastly more? Any numbers?

3 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

And again, Linden Lab has learned nothing. We’ve been down this road before,when LL used Aristotle as an age verification system (circa 2007-2013? It was after the first round of a**play scandals happened in 2007). It was quietly dropped because it didn’t work, and could be easily spoofed. But sure, let’s go down that road again.

i agree, though, age verification should be a separate issue with its own thread. 

YES, exactly... I remember this very well too. Asking for sensitive data and dropping the idea within less than a year. I remember having very serious concerns regarding data protection before data protection was a big issue as it is now. Where that data was held, how long it was held for and so on. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

These rules will stop bad actors like water stops a grease fire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

what about breast feeding?

I thought of this too. I assume it's only ok  for animesh babies to breastfeed, not avatar babies or children. (Let's not talk about hucows.)

• Like 3

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

Well they aren't aimed at bad actors, they are aimed at the avatars the bad actors want to bad act with.

In instances of actual a*eplay, as opposed to fraudulent ARs by griefers employing either adult or child avis, both the "adult" and the "child" are "bad actors." The point of these rules isn't to either enable or stop griefing; it's to discourage a type of RP that is, by definition, mutually consensual, and that involves a violation of the ToS by both partners.

The new rules aren't "targeting" child RPers who don't engage in a*eplay. What they do functionally do is inconvenience them -- possibly a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

It is very simple to solve this issue. 

Child avatars are only allowed on G rated land.

If you need to go to a M or A for any reason, then you have to change into an adult or appropriate avatar (i.e. robot, etc)

However, it should be noted that ***play can happen on any rated land, with any avatar (with or without a modesty panel) at any time of the day or night.

Nothing LL proposes solves that actual issue.  I'm not even sure it CAN be solved.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1