So what changed in the Terms of Service?

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Depending on your avatar's height, that looks like 14 to me. So, you like to RP being a naughty teen in Adult sims? If I saw that, I would AR you, under the new TOS rules.

I wouldn't but then I do tend towards a dollish look and from that have had a few years of gauging it. The head though dollish is late teen early 20 and the clothing would convince me of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

I wouldn't but then I do tend towards a dollish look and from that have had a few years of gauging it. The head though dollish is late teen early 20 and the clothing would convince me of it.

She is 21.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wait, I got this! Sarcasm, right?

No sarcasm, you must have missed my response including a link to "how to draw body shapes for children, boys, girls, men and women" that demonstrates the traits of each group.

Then the responder said "Can't expect people to go read/educate themselves on that" (paraphrased)

hence..

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Woa .. what the hell just happened.

We were asked to start a new thread about looks which I did in the My Avatar section but alas, things went haywire

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This has destroyed the thread on ToS changes and merged all the actual things we need clarification concerning policy into a different random thread about "avatar age".

That's because people moved into a discussion about what child avatars looked like, because apparently they can't, and were arguing about each avatar posted...

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

She is 21.

Sounds right to me. From some of those who are hot and heavy about doing AR's it worries me greatly that they will be thinking they can judge avatar ages.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Everyone has shown they perceive ages differently from one another for various different reasons: culture, experience, the people around you (family, neighbors, relatives, that person in the grocery store) artist or not an artist etc. I mean I consider myself an artist and am still occasionally at odds with other artists' perceptions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MinkBlueleaf Fyrewik said:

Everyone has shown they perceive ages differently from one another for various different reasons: culture, experience, the people around you (family, neighbors, relatives, that person in the grocery store) artist or not an artist etc. I mean I consider myself an artist and am still occasionally at odds with other artists' perceptions.

Yet, it has to be me of course, who has to remind people there are OBJECTIVE traits of  youth and old, and again - albeit they can be skewed with clothing, makeup and accessories, toys and even hairstyles.

Now everyone, lets argue how there isn't an objective reality , and return to the all popular 2024 way of thinking that "If I perceive it as so, then it is so" type garbage.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Quartz Mole changed the title to So what changed in the Terms of Service?
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Sounds right to me. From some of those who are hot and heavy about doing AR's it worries me greatly that they will be thinking they can judge avatar ages.

Sure, but hopefully the self-appointed police or classic Snitches/Tattletalers will be at least limited if a responsible Governance does it's due diligence and doesn't respond to every report made. On another of LL's platforms, tattle-tale culture was a thing, because the staff didn't keep busy enough developing the platform, they could ride in and 'enact discipline' for every little sneeze and whiffle.
THis all gets back to governance, who if following their own TOS, really shoudln't get that many reports.

UPDATE: Gahhh now I"m responding in the topic not intentioned lol

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Thanks 1