So what changed in the Terms of Service?

7 minutes ago, Kei Niosaki said:

I think to many overreacting to this whole modesty thing. Make it so your Bits cant been seen even if your mesh is derendered an nothing for anyone to report. No updating needed no special skins needed,  just be well covered.  Im personally not changing my child skins or avi over this since no matter how hard one cams me they wont see anything to send a report to LL over.

You are actually required by June 30th, you are not exempt from the rules. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If it's LL's FAQ and it gives any kind of clarity to some questions that people are having.. Then yes, it most certainly does matter..

Not more than the documentation on LSL and other not overly accurate publications and other more or less sloppy framworks around the core.. Only thing which matters here are the ToS. And the ToS are pretty precise now, in regards to *****.

Edited by Vivienne Schell

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

My point was you could draw undergarments as baked-on modesty layers. 

I'm glad you don't work for LL because you've contradicted yourself several times in your own posts and responding to others.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'm glad you don't work for LL because you've contradicted yourself several times in your own posts and responding to others.

That is literally what I freakin Meant Kathlen, not separate BOM layers. I was just meaning they could get creative with how they create their modesty things that they bake on the existing skin. . That isn't contradicting myself, whatsoever. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well I would love it then if LL came on this thread, as they already have, and verified that a modestly layer simply means wearing BOM underwear. I think EVERYONE would be happy with it. I actually already do this anyway and I'm not even a child avatar.

Why? "Baked on skin" is a clear definition. Why should they change that? Because a handful of protesters whine?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For those who really search for the simple solution when using a child avatar:
Stay on G or M rated land with always enough clothes on and stay away from adult activities.
That's all.
Than the whole coverage of the skin is pure theoretical. Nobody will check, well maybe a few pervs, but LL will see them as pervs too, derendering other peoples clothes, pfffft.

For those with a teen like avatar that might be just over or under 18:
Buy a few tiny wrinkles for around the eyes and when you go to A sims or to places with adult activity add a few wrinkles and you are 5 -10 years older.
Done.

Taadaaaa.......

And now continue with the but, if, and what about .....

Edited by Sid Nagy
repaced an A with a G. Stupid mistake.
  • Like 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

For those who really search for the simple solution when using a child avatar:
Stay on A or M rated land with always enough clothes on and stay away from adult activities. That's all. Than the whole coverage of the skin is pure theoretical. Nobody will check, well maybe a few pervs, but LL will see them as pervs too, derendering other peoples clothes.

For those with a teen like avatar that might be just over or under 18:
Buy a few tiny wrinkles for around the eyes and when you go to A sims or to places with adult activity add a few wrinkles and you are 10 years older.
Done.

Taadaaaa.......

And now continue with the but, if, and what about .....

The rule states now, that no child avatars are allowed on regions that are rated A for adult. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Not more than the documentation on LSL and other not overly accurate publications and other more or less sloppy framworks around the core.. Only thing which matters here are the ToS. And the ToS are pretty precise now, in regards to *****.

106 pages in and still growing.. Ya I think everyone got what they were saying.. hehehehe

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

The rule states now, that no child avatars are allowed on regions that are rated A for adult. 

Damn: A must be G of course. :D

39 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:
47 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I suspect that many who set their region 'A' simply don't like rules/restrictions, and when you've set your region to 'M' you've basically accepted a restriction given by LL for such regions (sex only behind closed doors, parcel set to invisible, blah blah blah'0.  So it's the feeling one gets by being more free that often determines the preference of owning an 'A' sim.

However, according to grid survey there is a constant trend, A rated sims increase, M rated sims decrease, G rated stay more or less stable (due to the fact that they are almost exclusively residing on mainland). Why? Who knows? And who cares? Fact is that people set sims to A and these are mature enough to decide on that.

Daniel cared, so I gave my best guess.  Don't like my guesses, don't read them.  And my answer had absolutely NOTHING to do with whether I thought a sim owner was mature enough to decide what they wanted, nor did I disparage them for making whatever choice they wanted.

37 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

The thing is: I'm totally for pushing out sexual *****, to get rid of pedos. But what is done here are symbolic changes without doing anything to actually fight these things. It's like ... putting fresh paint on the outside walls of a rotten building and telling the world "Look what a great house we have!". Anyways, I'm off to bed, good night/day/whatever.

34 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

How would you exactly "get rid of pedos" which I hate that term cause it's incorrect without having rules? It's not like they are going to all gather 'round and raise their hand and say "here I am"!  

But at least they won't be hiding in A rated sims any longer and for that us "adults" can rest easier.

If one was to spend a bit of time as a childlike late teen, it wouldn't be hard to spot them after getting a little experience because they will come to you. Like Daniel said, this policy change will do zilch for the actual problem but everyone is so busy figuring out how to restrict the younger looking avatars and patting themselves on the back for the great ideas they come up with, that they will never understand how to really affect any change.

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

A very easy way to solve this is to have child avatars accounts. But I guess that's too much work for LL.

If you want to play a child, you must use a child avatar account.  These accounts would automatically have the A rating disabled and no A rated items are able to be purchased. The account can only use an approved LL body on this account and cannot switch to any other body. You are only able to purchase items marked with the "CA" icon. If you are using an adult avatar you are prohibited from purchasing any "CA" items or clothing.

It would have worked if they set it up this way from the start, but alas they didn't. So now we have this mess.

I would actually like that. If LL made a high quality child avatar with all the protections built in then at least I would know I was definitely following the new rules and that there was no ambiguity. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If one was to spend a bit of time as a childlike late teen, it wouldn't be hard to spot them after getting a little experience because they will come to you. Like Daniel said, this policy change will do zilch for the actual problem but everyone is so busy figuring out how to restrict the younger looking avatars and patting themselves on the back for the great ideas they come up with, that they will never understand how to really affect any change.

Now I am intersted in your opinion: if not the changed ToS, what would do more than "zilch for the actual problem".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You are actually required by June 30th, you are not exempt from the rules. 

I honestly dont care. Like i said before nothing anyone can see no matter how hard they cam me or how much they derender off me so good luck to pervs caming me down there as there will nothing to report.

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I would actually like that. If LL made a high quality child avatar with all the protections built in then at least I would know I was definitely following the new rules and that there was no ambiguity. 

Someone will if someone thinks that there is money in it. 🩳

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Kei Niosaki said:

I think to many overreacting to this whole modesty thing.

The rules explicitly state a modesty covering is required. It is mandatory and must be part of the skin or body.

Ignoring this rule is a tos violation

8 minutes ago, Kei Niosaki said:

I honestly dont care.

Then you're going to get banned.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

106 pages in and still growing.. Ya I think everyone got what they were saying.. hehehehe

Cool that like 20 people out of like a few million users can bloat such a thing by repeating the same arguments all over again.

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It's being handled by LL only talking and little else. Question is over the longer term how their governance handles it and what the ramifications are for Child hunting and AR's. Almost surprised that someone hasn't piped up they will offer a bounty on every successful AR that gets a child avi banned considering the amount of vitriol that has been seen on this thread.

Believe it or not I won’t AR a single child avi, no matter where i see it or what it is (or isn’t) wearing.

Im not an informer for LL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The rules explicitly state a modesty covering is required. It is mandatory and must be part of the skin or body.

Ignoring this rule is a tos violation

Nobody has explained yet how this is going to be policed in the case of kids wearing BOM underwear and/or alpha-ing out the relevant areas.

Unless of course I'm not actually going to be allowed to use alpha any more (because the invisible skin might not be TOS-compliant!). In which case, very few of my clothes will fit and I will have to run around in BOM clothes with, presumably, my mandatory mesh underpants covering my trousers. Grim.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Nobody has explained yet how this is going to be policed in the case of kids wearing BOM underwear and/or alpha-ing out the relevant areas.

Unless of course I'm not actually going to be allowed to use alpha any more (because the invisible skin might not be TOS-compliant!). In which case, very few of my clothes will fit and I will have to run around in BOM clothes with, presumably, my mandatory mesh underpants covering my trousers. Grim.

No line on disallowing alphas. The ToS only demands that you wear these frekking undies which are painted on your skin.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

This actually is a good point. A skin doesn't show up on an avatar scan so how is anyone going to know if the avatar is wearing a compliant skin if they also have BOM underwear on over it?

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Cool that like 20 people out of like a few million users can bloat such a thing by repeating the same arguments all over again.

We are Legion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2