So what changed in the Terms of Service?

8 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Because in that region something (insert whatever non-adult place or item you like) caught my interest and I simply don't check for symbolic letters without any real meaning?

They DO have real meaning. Yes, one isn't going to see sex going on in an Adult region whenever one is visiting there. And maybe there is never any sex there. But assuming that "A" is meaningless is like looking at a bed with no one sleeping in it, and concluding that it's therefore only a "symbolic bed."

I'm sorry, but a lot of your objections to this seem to be built around your own somewhat lazy or lackadaisical approach to SL. "I can't be bothered to do this thing, therefore the rules are a violation of my personal freedom to ignore rules." That sort of thing.

I'd strongly suggest you start looking at that little letter at the top of the screen. As most of us do.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Daniel Regenbogen said:

And my critical mind would like to hear a real reason for that. I prefer to question rules that in my eyes make no sense at all.

Because if you are choosing to play a child, you will be treated as such. So that means you would be barred from regions with an A rating. How hard is that for you to see the common sense. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

The rating is what matters, not the content in the new rules..

Before it was the content that mattered.. Now it's the rating..

Yes, and I allow myself to question the sense and reason behind this change. If that whole stink is about getting rid of pedo action: how does this new rule help with it? It doesn't at all. It simply gives a warm feeling and a pat on the virtual shoulder because "See, we did something!".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I still dont understand how the child can get the sim in trouble, its the childs responsibility to stay away from adult content, not the other way around.

If a child happens upon two adults doing it, the child cant take a picture and AR the adults, adults are not obliged to stop just because a trouble making kid shows up

Previously, the ***** policy did include regions that allowed it as one of the prohibitions.  So showing a child near adult activity and reporting...See!  They allow kids in while people are having sex!...could.potentially get the region owner in trouble for allowing it.  The new rules, since they specifically state child avatar are not allowed in adult regions put the onus on the child avatar and not the region owner.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

I  can only repeat it: a place isn't adult because of a letter at the top of the screen. That letter only sets the maximum of what is allowed there. It doesn't make adult content/action mandatory.

https://gyazo.com/995b16c96909e181fcd34063b1819333
No, but it states that adult activity can and or will happen on there.  And I even provided evidence on what it means. Your meaning is wrong, it is a rating designation. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 1

Yes, and I allow myself to question the sense and reason behind this change. If that whole stink is about getting rid of pedo action: how does this new rule help with it? It doesn't at all. It simply gives a warm feeling and a pat on the virtual shoulder because "See, we did something!".

So you question the sense of each red light you see when you drive? And simply run over it if you do not understand the sense?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Because if you are choosing to play a child, you will be treated as such. So that means you would be barred from regions with an A rating. How hard is that for you to see the common sense. 

In the whole of Germany there is exactly *one* street where kids are not allowed, for good reason. There are lots of buildings where kids are not allowed, also for good reason. But that doesn't mean that they are not allowed in the street infront of them or in the neighboring building were no such good reasons are to be found.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Ya, it's  kind of like that soda pop law where they outlawed 32oz sodas in some city or state years ago..

They could still buy two 16 ouncers.. hehehe

It won't stop anything really.. Those that were doing whatever caused the changes will still do it.. those that were sticking to the rules will have more restriction and some will become rule beakers because of not even knowing what they did wrong until they get the email from LL..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Right and since LL doesn't give hints on defining it, it is ambiguous and completely in the hands of the individual. That leaves it open to a wide range of interpretations, like this modesty layer which after 100 pages is still not resolved.

Well, the 100 pages have been conversations among people in this thread, who can't "resolve" anything. We'll have to wait for LL to do any resolving.  Maybe Monday they'll wade through this monster thread and either post responses or add clarifications in the FAQ. Otherwise, don't expect things to be resolved until at least the May 20 session .

• Like 7

In the whole of Germany there is exactly *one* street where kids are not allowed, for good reason. There are lots of buildings where kids are not allowed, also for good reason. But that doesn't mean that they are not allowed in the street infront of them or in the neighboring building were no such good reasons are to be found.

Well A I provided logical reasoning and even provided evidence as to why you are wrong. And B you are acting sus. 

• Like 3

This isn't Germany, it's SL, online, where rules that would be fine for real life don't work here, this is not a hard concept to grasp.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

So you question the sense of each red light you see when you drive? And simply run over it if you do not understand the sense?

Nope, and I even follow the speed limits, even if the reason for them isn't visible at first sight. You know why? Because I learned that there usually *is* a good reason for them. As I learned in SL that in most cases there is *no* good reason for an adult rating.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Okay, I suggest you ask some german investors to build a german Second Life which suits your visions. Good Luck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nope, and I even follow the speed limits, even if the reason for them isn't visible at first sight. You know why? Because I learned that there usually *is* a good reason for them. As I learned in SL that in most cases there is *no* good reason for an adult rating.

Well, why can't you follow the rules here? 

• Like 4

On 5/2/2024 at 1:23 PM, Orwar said:

Skims through back and forth a little

Still no clear definition of what constitutes a 'child avatar' though? Short/petite people in adult areas still living on the edge?

"In some cases there may be an element of subjectivity as to whether an avatar (or other image) appears to be a minor. Objective factors which will be used to decide include whether an avatar has childlike facial features, is child-sized, has clothing or accessories generally associated with children, and whether, based on the circumstances, an avatar is speaking or acting like a child ("My Mommy says...")."

from, https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

under the Discussion section near bottom of page.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Is Second Life Germany? 

You forgot to read my last sentence? I'll repeat it for you: As I learned in SL that in most cases there is *no* good reason for an adult rating.

And why do you think there is no good reason for it? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

The whole POINT of A rated areas is that, in them, you can have sex in the street.

That is literally one of the primary differences between A and M ratings.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Leave that up to the ones who set sims to A.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

The reason for the adult rating was the teen merger, which they told us was not going to happen.. But happened a year after  the maturity ratings came and them telling us it wasn't gonna happen.. hehehe

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, the 100 pages have been conversations among people in this thread, who can't "resolve" anything. We'll have to wait for LL to do any resolving.  Maybe Monday they'll wade through this monster thread and either post responses or add clarifications in the FAQ. Otherwise, don't expect things to be resolved until at least the May 20 session .

Maybe or as is more likely the case, the Lab will determine is has given enough information for residents to figure it out. LL does not like to commit itself to a specific rule because that then ties them down to that one only.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Why are there no good reasons for an adult rating? Are you imply that adults shouldn't have their own space?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Then bring that up with the region owners who deemed the land ADULT. If there is no good reason then they should be ok with changing it.  However, LL has said no Child avatars on A Rated land. That's is highly unlikely to change no matter how much you disagree with it.  This isn't like signing a petition and a rule gets overturned. LL makes the rules and even if ALL of us agree, I guarantee you the rule would still be in place.

• Like 4