So what changed in the Terms of Service?

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This part is definitely problematic and LL probably needs to ensure that there are never any automatic TPs to Adult info hubs.

I would say that I like that this happens. You get tossed to the highest rated InfoHub per your 'search settings'.

If you're in one of those A-rated places doing the kinds of things one can do in such a place, the last thing you want is to get thrown into a G-rated infoHub after a crash while you're "[un-]dressed for action" and possibly stuck in a highly non-G rated animation.

Thankfully that's never been me. But you can tour A-rated Infohubs and see people who are clearly stuck in a loop from something they were up to before hand, and often have "things attached" and other things not attached. 😶🫣😍😐👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

To be honest, this is the reaction of many avatars when a Linden shows up in sim.  I've seen entire sims clear out when a Linden shows up.  Oatmeal Linden helped me with a issue a year or so ago.  When he TP into the sim, it emptied.  Just me and him.  I'm sure he noticed it but didn't say anything.  

As a long time Belli resident I'm used to the opposite. I suspect half of Belli folk are stalking lindens. When a linden or mole shows up, the place fills with people who want to hang out with them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

you can tour A-rated Infohubs and see people who are clearly stuck in a loop from something they were up to before hand, and often have "things attached" and other things not attached.

I find it's a good way to discover sales bots that automatically relog when a sim crashes.  Some of them are ... pretty explicit... about the products they're displaying.  Yes I'm looking at you, Physics P...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I would say that I like that this happens. You get tossed to the highest rated InfoHub per your 'search settings'.

If you're in one of those A-rated places doing the kinds of things one can do in such a place, the last thing you want is to get thrown into a G-rated infoHub after a crash while you're "[un-]dressed for action" and possibly stuck in a highly non-G rated animation.

Thankfully that's never been me. But you can tour A-rated Infohubs and see people who are clearly stuck in a loop from something they were up to before hand, and often have "things attached" and other things not attached. 😶🫣😍😐👀

There is a built in viewer option to restrict access to adult regions, usually under the general section. For the days before I turned 18 (I created my account shortly before my 18th birthday) it was hardlocked to General. It is possible to set that to G/M if you so desire, or to maintain TOS compliance.

Edited by Rathgrith027
it was general, not general/moderate. 10 years *****s with your memory, folks.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Aside from the idea that one comes to SL to relax from RL, not have to be aware of even more rules and regulations that are added on a Linden whim. It has reached a point for some, (like me) where it has just become too aggravating and stressful to continue going inworld.

For me I don't engage in adult activities and steer clear of adult rated places save some shops/events [which I switch to an adult or invisible avatar for anyway] so I don't have to worry as much. For those that do though, I imagine this is a nightmare to add to the list, of if they look old enough. 

We all need "Pip-Boys" to wear like in Fallout, which we would wear 24/7 when in Second Life to remind us of TOS changes, and set off an alarm should a child avatar move into close proximity.

Just an idea!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

To be honest, this is the reaction of many avatars when a Linden shows up in sim.  I've seen entire sims clear out when a Linden shows up. 

Where in heaven's name are people doing this?  I have never ever seen it happen anywhere, in 17+ years.  In fact, I see exactly the opposite. A Linden shows up and people start saying, "Oooo!  Lookit!  A blue dot!  Let's go see!".  I have never seen a region clear out when a Linden popped in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I'd think everyone running away would look kind of suspicious.  

A fallacious argument, when we're talking about a company, with all due respect to the Lab, has not historically been known for being fair and balanced.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, some asked of pictures in SL. This is the base I am using, 1m55, petite and slender. Is this adult enough?

Aurore adapted.jpg

That's on the line for me as a practicing artist who has made a living painting portraits decades ago. And it's not just the oddly angled jaw and smooth youthful facial look and expression.

I'd additionally look at your profile, language and terms, groups you belong to, how' you're behaving at the sim, what sim you're at, etc. I'd also look closely at your overall shape which in this image is distorted by the pose.

At something like PG-rated Muddys I'd let it pass. If you were in Hotwife Hotel, a "grandpa" sim, or even a place like a well-known south Pacific island themed sim (ahem) that caters to the older man/younger woman crowd and makes no bones about that theming with their waif thin teen avis in bikinis and muscular men with beards vibe, I'd definitely call you out as pre-18.

Subjective yes, I know, but it will be a bunch of factors that add up.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Where in heaven's name are people doing this?  I have never ever seen it happen anywhere, in 17+ years.  In fact, I see exactly the opposite. A Linden shows up and people start saying, "Oooo!  Lookit!  A blue dot!  Let's go see!".  I have never seen a region clear out when a Linden popped in.

I imagine for a Linden, when they TP in it's more like they entered into the middle of an unpredictable Zombie horde, or into the center of a Vampire coven!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

For someone who's account is strictly a child avatar, it probably rarely would need to be touched.

But if you switch between multiple avatars, as many accounts do, then you might visit a child store in a general region one moment, then later in the day switch to a Lara or Legacy to visit a store that sells clothing for that body, quite a handful of of stores that sell clothing for adult avatars are in adult regions, so in those cases it could be easy to forget, especially if you weren't used to needing doing that before.

My discussion with Coffee began when she expressed her concern that child avatars using RLV HUDs to allow their parents to control them might inadvertently find themselves force teleported to an Adult region by an absent-minded (or possibly malicious) parent. 

As you suggest, I think they would rarely need to change their settings.

Your examples, if I properly understand them, seem to involve someone who regularly switches avatars on the same account, and spends most of their time in an adult avatar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

My discussion with Coffee began when she expressed her concern that child avatars using RLV HUDs to allow their parents to control them might inadvertently find themselves force teleported to an Adult region by an absent-minded (or possibly malicious) parent. 

.. It's at times like these I'm thankful all of us Nu Vaughns are adults.

3 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

For those worrying about child avas being banned I'm sure someone could code a freebie that auto-tps them back home or gives them a blaring warning when they drop into an adult sim by accident.

Not could, did.   Look me up in world for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's not hard to come up with RL scenarios for nearly anything regarding children and nudity and/or sexuality that are quite innocent. "My infant daughter emerged from her bath and came into the hallway still wet and naked while I was talking to a neighbour at the front door!" Could happen!!!

But not in SL.

It was not unusual for my young nephew to run naked through the house when he didn't want to take his bath yet.

I'd be ok with just the genital area being covered, blurred out, or alphaed out. Let's please not assume a child's chest is sexual area.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

As you suggest, I think they would rarely need to change their settings.

Your examples, if I properly understand them, seem to involve someone who regularly switches avatars on the same account, and spends most of their time in an adult avatar.

Yes, correct. That is what I had in mind, though I wouldn't know what avatar they use most, in my case, it's probably LaraX and my Dinkie cat, but I use my TD Kid a fair amount, although probably not much now till I see where all this ends up, for someone else it could different. But yes, that is what I meant.

I only know about Starries's RLV hud for child avis but with them you have to whitelist first and have a tp set as an option, so with that system I would hope that if something like that ever happened the child would remove said person from their whitelist.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:
6 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

For those worrying about child avas being banned I'm sure someone could code a freebie that auto-tps them back home or gives them a blaring warning when they drop into an adult sim by accident.

Not could, did.   Look me up in world for it.

Would it work even if the avatar's "home" was on an Adult region (for example, since they are sometimes an Adult avatar)?

6 minutes ago, Rathgrith027 said:

A fallacious argument, when we're talking about a company, with all due respect to the Lab, has not historically been known for being fair and balanced.

A Linden shows up and everyone suddenly leaves doesn't seem suspicious to you?  It would to me if I were a Linden.  If the people weren't doing anything wrong, why would they leave?  What exactly is the Linden going to do about people doing nothing wrong?  I don't see the logic in it.  Sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It's not hard to come up with RL scenarios for nearly anything regarding children and nudity and/or sexuality that are quite innocent.

I'd rather just not think about it at all!

But not in SL.

Ohhhh, gotcha!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Would it work even if the avatar's "home" was on an Adult region (for example, since they are sometimes an Adult avatar)?

Actually yes.  it has maturity settings and both auto and manual mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

A Linden shows up and everyone suddenly leaves doesn't seem suspicious to you?  It would to me if I were a Linden.  If the people weren't doing anything wrong, why would they leave?  What exactly is the Linden going to do about people doing nothing wrong?  I don't see the logic in it.  Sorry.

The Big Cheese – @thewordwideweb on Tumblr

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You forgot the vital missing ingredient.

Pint-Sized anti-Adult-Activities Griefer Avatars.

"Eeeek a Governance Cop! And here's me dressed like a 4.5 ft tall 10 year old streetwalker in a badly drawn Japanese comic book, FLEE!"

I'd certainly expect them to scatter when a Linden shows up.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It was not unusual for my young nephew to run naked through the house when he didn't want to take his bath yet.

I'd be ok with just the genital area being covered, blurred out, or alphaed out. Let's please not assume a child's chest is sexual area.

Agreed, unless the child is of an age where such features would develop,  there shouldn't be anything about the chest inherently inappropriate.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

A Linden shows up and everyone suddenly leaves doesn't seem suspicious to you? 

No more so than an entire neighborhood scattering when the police show up.

:ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5