So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

So you saying false report them?  If that is the case, you are basically breaking TOS to falsely report

griefers and liars do not care about the tos. All rules will be weaponized

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As Coffee and others have noted previously, the main differences between Moderate and Adult are that 1) sex can't be "public" in M-rated areas, and 2) you can only advertise Adult events for A-rated areas. And honest, sorry . . . I don't think kid avatars should be hanging around places where there is public sexuality. That would violate nearly every other part of these rules.

We all know that sims are huge and can have split areas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

I was referring to this, from the blog post we're discussing, the one Oberwager just dropped.

If no infractions of policy at all, why make personnel changes?

My first thought was that the standards to which Lindens were being held might have been a little too low.

• Like 8

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I think there is a perception that with the recent attention on the topic, and the changes in rules, that there will be a closer look at violations / more reports, etc.

Not necessarily true, unless things were going unreported - one would hope!

But on the positive side, if people DO follow the new rules, then there should be LESS violations / reporting etc.

IMHO <= disclaimer

I suspect that you're right that there will be more attention paid to child avatars for a bit -- but that I think was already the case, following the Medium article.

There may be more reports as a result of this unless LL makes a real effort to communicate these changes to everyone in the community. Just adding new wording to a new ToS doesn't do that: most people simply don't read it.

But, as you go on to say, if these rules are widely known and understand, I'm actually reasonably confident there will be less reporting in the long run because, again, it's more clear cut now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is afraid height might be affected, no you can still be short. Height doesn't make you a child avatar, just how you dress up, act, how you carry yourself, child clothing suited for children, if your using a child avatar. You can tell an adult avatar by the body definition/ facial definition and skins.

84eda4877c76cdb1f03ec61bc480784d.png.79d3b324b2225767e82c79b4d066d320.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I was referring to this, from the blog post we're discussing, the one Oberwager just dropped.

If no infractions of policy at all, why make personnel changes?

Ah. I missed that! Thank you!

Good question then.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

So half of my sim (sky) is adult, and half of it is residential. So now my kids can't even come home anymore without changing. Nice policy.

If the entire estate is moderate, as per the FAQ, you may have adult furniture and since your adult stuff is in the sky, your children wouldn't be near any of it if in the residential (ground) area, right?  What would be reported?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Denim Robonaught said:

all regions have the same size and all have óne rating.
Thats why i suggested earlier to post a feature request for split ratings.

If your region is M.. it totally is, the split of will never be G or A

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

From the KB article on Maturity Ratings

Parcels that host adult activities or contain adult content must be on:

• The adult mainland continent, Zindra.
  • A private region that has been designated by its owner as Adult.

Region owners are responsible for designating a region's maturity level. Occupants of regions will be expected to locate in a region suitable to each occupant's content and conduct.

For more information on what qualifies as adult content, see Adult Content FAQ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's harder to do now.

i don't think it is ... with adult items on M i'd not let my avi go afk anymore  .... that's what happened quite some times in the past on "afk" places.. ánd quite some people got in trouble there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

They can be split into different parcels, but I am pretty sure they must all share the same rating, including private regions. At least, that's what the Knowledge Base says.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

If anyone is afraid height might be affected, no you can still be short.

Oh, neat - didn't see there was an FAQ snuck in there as well. 

Skims some more

.. Wait, why do we have to take the abuse report pics with Midday?! That's like, the worst sky setting! 

• Haha 11

Think it's Linden Lab just covering their you-know-what.  A lot of people are so sensitive on things nowadays.  As a business owner (a bar) I've noticed how the clientele has changed over the years. I've seen some patrons joking and one threatened a lawsuit on the other.  Old times they would laugh it off.  Same thing here. The Lab has to deal with much more regulation stuff then when Philip started the Lab eons ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't think it is ... with adult items on M i'd not let my avi go afk anymore  .... that's what happened quite some times in the past on "afk" places.. ánd quite some people got in trouble there.

Yeah, this has always been a danger, I suppose, and the new rules don't necessarily alleviate that in the context you've used above. But they don't make it worse, and they make it easier to avoid such issues in other contexts. For instance, were someone to try to grief using a child avatar in an A-rated area, it would now be clear that they were the ones at fault. That wasn't the case before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Oh, neat - didn't see there was an FAQ snuck in there as well. 

Skims some more

.. Wait, why do we have to take the abuse report pics with Midday?! That's like, the worst sky setting! 

Midday is like CalWL, but provides shading still They'll be able to see the avatar better

• Like 1

Child avatars are not the problem in SL, and you should not get banned just because of it. The TOS shows the context:

image.thumb.png.9d2acbe6a615042b1c3317503abd100b.png

If you are not doing this, there should be no problem.

I don't think someone warping in and de-rendering your clothes and reporting you would or should be grounds for immediate ban.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They can be split into different parcels, but I am pretty sure they must all share the same rating, including private regions. At least, that's what the Knowledge Base says.

rating is only settable on region level, need to have estate rights to change it, parcelowners can't change it.

• Like 5

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

Child avatars are not the problem in SL, and you should not get banned just because of it. The TOS shows the context:

image.thumb.png.9d2acbe6a615042b1c3317503abd100b.png

If you are not doing this, there should be no problem.

I don't think someone warping in and de-rendering your clothes and reporting you would or should be grounds for immediate ban.

I think the person who does this to a child avi should be banned. There is no reason to derender clothing of anyone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

Indeed not. But as the FAQ notes, Governance can (and presumably will) determine if that is what happens during any investigation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unpopular opinion:

Once this is all sorted out, child avatars can become "OK" again!!  I may be bold and even say, some of "us" may get our first child avatars!

I have zero interest in having a child avatar, personally -- but, yes, if I did, I'd actually feel safer under these new rules.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.