Did LL just change the theme for SL21B?

I guess most Elements will be Mesh. 

I want to see more Sculpties at SL21B!

Replacing any planned "adult side of SL" theme makes a certain kind of sense.

(Having it PART of the celebration is a sound idea, but having it be a "central theme" would be pretty crazy IMHO.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I may be wrong, but my sense was not that "Adult" was going to be "the theme," as such, but rather that they were adding "spicy bits" to the celebration this year?

Same.

For example: Tables and piano legs WITHOUT skirts.  Things that would make a proper Victorian blush.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

You all are right. It would be silly to make the Adult side of SL to be a whole theme, especially when most of SL is not about that side of things. 🙂

I hope the Shop and Hop has a separate Adult section, though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess most Elements will be Mesh. 

I want to see more Sculpties at SL21B!

Replacing any planned "adult side of SL" theme makes a certain kind of sense.

(Having it PART of the celebration is a sound idea, but having it be a "central theme" would be pretty crazy IMHO.)

Especially with the certain climate that LL is going through with the allegations. I think it would be in their best interest to put that all on the back burner until things have settled down and the investigation is complete. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You all are right. It would be silly to make the Adult side of SL to be a whole theme, especially when most of SL is not about that side of things. 🙂

I hope the Shop and Hop has a separate Adult section, though.

Didint they do that last year?

I do remember there being adult sims with adult items on them.

• Like 5

This year’s Birthday theme is Elements. This theme invites us to explore the fundamental components that make up our vast virtual landscape and the diverse communities within it. From the fiery passion of creators and artists to the fluid adaptability of our social environments, from the solid bonds within our communities to the fresh breezes of innovation that propel us forward, "Elements" is a celebration of the core forces that shape our experiences in Second Life

I would hate to be a designer trying to figure out what to design for this vague and all encompassing theme.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I would hate to be a designer trying to figure out what to design for this vague and all encompassing theme.  

Given the logo, my brain is going off in the direction of the Greek classical elements, and I've got plenty of ideas for those--fingers crossed I get in!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I thought the theme was going to be the Adult side of Second Life, but maybe I was wrong. The official theme is Elements.

Sounds good to me. What do you want to see at SL21B?

I think it means what elements as in communities and lifestyles makeup SL. So instead of celebrating one specific community, they are celebrating all communities that make SL SL today. Which is much better than having one community being recognized in a theme. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I think it means what elements as in communities and lifestyles makeup SL. So instead of celebrating one specific community, they are celebrating all communities that make SL SL today. Which is much better than having one community being recognized in a theme. 

How about Earth = Landscaping, scenic sims, and driving in SL.

Air = Aviation and Fantasy creatures, such as Pegasi, Griffins and Faeries

Fire = the Adult side of SL, and Volcanos 😉

Water = Sailing, Surfing, Merfolk and Sea Monsters

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is that like the "4 humors"?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism

Oh, I see.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_element

But where does that leave "Love"? Nobody has time for the 5th Element, but everyone has room for dessert.

Love falls to the 5th element of Spirit, though Passion can be grouped with the element of Fire.

• Thanks 1

The theme didn't change. I was puzzled at first why people were saying this, but I can see on a reread of the roundup how it might confuse people. They were talking about "something spicy" for all of the year for all of Second Life. Not the birthday event. But given how it's worded in the roundup post and then the post discussing how SL20B went, wired got crossed.

They don't usually announce the themes for SLB until a bit into the year (like they did this time). They also aren't going to pick an adult theme when most of the event is general. So nothing really looks different this year.

There are going to be adult regions at the birthday, but they did that last year. Could be they'll discuss the "something spicy" plans at the talks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'Elements' is the broadest, most encompassing theme of all themes in SLXB history. Especially in the mathematical field of Set Theory, elements can be anything, even nothing. In that sense, a ball of mud is an element, your underpants are an element, the teapot in the glove compartment of Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster, currently in an elliptical orbit around the sun, crossing paths with the orbits of Earth and Mars, is an element. Your mom is an element. The entire universe is an element and a non-existent fantasy universe imagined by the brain of a certain mr. Bolzman is an element. Even SL21B, in itself a set of different elements, is an element.

TL;DR: I guess, for SL21B, anything goes. [Edit] So... hell yeah, even adult s*xy time stuff!

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

I thought the adult thing was that one club or whatever it was that they were making.. Kind of like the Motown place they made. 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
replaced the B to a D in adult. hehehe
  • Like 1

Earth, wind, fire, water - and later the aether - are the classic elements.

And modern science elements: Periodic_Table_of_Elements_w_Chemical_Gr

103 regions 😁, if regions 114-118 those regions would only exist like for less than a second! 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

And modern science elements:

Hold up. That table is not complete. Apart from elements 104 to 118, where are adamantium, coaxium, kryptonite, mithril, neutronium, vibranium, and unobtainium?

[Edit] In my personal life, the most elementary elements seem to be paper, plastic, coffee and hagelslag.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Earth, wind, fire, water - and later the aether - are the classic elements.

And modern science elements:

54 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Hold up. That table is not complete. Apart from elements 104 to 118, where are adamantium, coaxium, kryptonite, mithril, neutronium, vibranium, and unobtainium?

[Edit] In my personal life, the most elementary elements seem to be paper, plastic, coffee and hagelslag.

You're still missing the most important element.....

image.png.e1609d2d08b81c41739b7bd825e7d4b7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5