If you could "Resurrect" any famous person as an Avatar in Second Life: 1) Who would it be/why, and 2) What "Second Life" feature would you ask them to use/leverage?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

See the Title - I can expand on it in additional posts if needed.

I would choose:

1. King David - because I would want to hear his songs. I would ask him to perform ("stream") his songs.

2. Charles Babbage - because he is one of those "fathers of computing".  I would ask him to create a "difference engine" using LSL (or whatever he would care to "create" in LSL).

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

This seems more like an AI idea than an SL one. 

I'd like to resurrect Torely Linden and ask him what would make SL more fun for newbies.

As for RL people, I'd like to create some AI's of the United States founding fathers (those with the most written documents to draw from) and ask them what they think of the current state of culture and politics in the U.S.A.

p.s.

I'd also like to resurrect Veronica Franco with an A.I. to ask her what she thinks of our modern would, William Shakespeare to ask him what he thinks of our movies, and Mozart to ask him what he thinks of modern music.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Perhaps, but that was not my intent. Think of Amazon's "Upload" series, where in the "afterlife" your consciousness is an avatar. 

In this case, what I meant was, if the avatar was "really" that person but reincarnated as an Avatar in SL (not an AI)!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it won't take long anymore or i'll change my mind about a garbage section...
( unless it's just a short lasting virus that causes the useless thread subjects )

Heads up: If everyone who is not interested in a thread ignores it and doesn't post in it, it's more likely to sink to the bottom of the pile faster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'd like to resurrect Torely Linden and ask him what would make SL more fun for newbies.

As for RL people, I'd like to create some AI's of the United States founding fathers (those with the most written documents to draw from) and ask them what they think of the current state of culture and politics in the U.S.A.

p.s.

I'd also like to resurrect Veronica Franco with an A.I. to ask her what she thinks of our modern would, William Shakespeare to ask him what he thinks of our movies, and Mozart to ask him what he thinks of modern music.

Putting the "How would you leverage Second Life" spin on your answers:

1. Torely is an easy one since he is part of Second Life going way back.

2. Founding Fathers - could ask them what they think of the Governance / Chaos that is SL

3. Veronica Franco - assuming her resurrected Avatar will only know of / see Second Life, her opinions could only be based on what she sees in SL

4. William Shakespeare - If all he could see in Second Life were movies that "stream" in Second Life..that would be some interesting choices (based on what people tend to stream for "free" / on cheap "TV's" in SL)

5. Mozart - If all he can hear is Second Life streams...I guess he'd have to go clubbing to get a nice variety, unless you give him an unlimited choice of Streams to choose from..

• Like 1

I've had to re-evaluate my plan for a resurrected King David to "play" his songs "via streaming":

- The songs were never "recorded" so do not exist to stream

- "Live instruments" do not actually exist IN Second Life

So, David would have to just "sing" his songs for us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Putting the "How would you leverage Second Life" spin on your answers:

1. Torely is an easy one since he is part of Second Life going way back.

2. Founding Fathers - could ask them what they think of the Governance / Chaos that is SL

3. Veronica Franco - assuming her resurrected Avatar will only know of / see Second Life, her opinions could only be based on what she sees in SL

4. William Shakespeare - If all he could see in Second Life were movies that "stream" in Second Life..that would be some interesting choices (based on what people tend to stream for "free" / on cheap "TV's" in SL)

5. Mozart - If all he can hear is Second Life streams...I guess he'd have to go clubbing to get a nice variety, unless you give him an unlimited choice of Streams to choose from..

The culture and governance of SL kind of mirrors that of the USA. It's capitalism overlayed on a very diverse, liberal culture. Thus, the founding fathers and Veronica Franco would likely notice the similarities and difference to the culture and politics of their own days.

Franco would probably be thrilled to see the power and freedom that women have in SL, would love the easy fashion choices, and would be dismayed at the derth of intelligent discussion. 

Shakespeare and Mozart would probably be interested in our diverse music and simulated "theater" choices, but might be disappointed that performers don't usually get much feedback from their audiences.

I think the founding fathers would be both fascinated and terrified by the diverse cultures of SL, shocked by the immodest clothing, and confused by our SL social norms (e.g. leashes on people, furries, gesturebating, and how people speak in local chat).

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Spacing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The culture and governance of SL kind of mirrors that of the USA. It's capitalism overlayed on a very diverse, liberal culture. Thus, the founding fathers and Veronica Franco would likely notice the similarities and difference to the culture and politics of their own days. Franco would probably be thrilled to see the power and freedom that women have in SL, would love the easy fashion choices, and would be dismayed at the derth of intelligent discussion. 

Shakespeare and Mozart would probably be interested in our diverse music and simulated "theater" choices, but might be disappointed that performers don't usually get much feedback from their audiences.

I think the founding fathers would be both fascinated and terrified by the diverse cultures of SL, shocked by the immodest clothing, and confused by our SL social norms (e.g. leashes on people, furries, gesturebating, and how people speak in local chat).

Shakespeare would probably be amused that we use so many words and phrases he wrote. Since emojis are possible in SL chat, I predict he would write a sonnet using emojis! Maybe he would try to organize a group of random avatars to put on his plays, too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Love this. Turn AI James Madison loose on AI Antonin Scalia and see what becomes of the "originalism" conceit. Just don't give them pistols.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GG Allin - because I think he'd fit right in, for a short time at least. In the olden days of Second Life I thought a tribute show would be fun, full damage on, but he could just do a show himself as a virtual prophet and send a few lucky people home.

I'd go with Ada Lovelace over Babbage, some voice readings along with whatever else she wanted to speak on.

Not that Brian Eno needs resurrecting, he's still going strong, but bringing him on board to help shape whatever AI tools are coming I could potentially see being a pretty fruitful collab, moreso than Motown. Just throwing that in, while I'm here. (I mean, maybe it's the platform that needs a bit of resurrecting)

Edited by Ineffable Mote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't, I don't have a problem playing a necromancer in SL, but I'd feel too bad SLsurrecting someone who's already managed to pass on into the afterlife or lack thereof, with no way to ask them if they'd like me to, beforehand. I'm too polite or something, idk.

I'd probably prefer SLerecting fictional people. Would be super hard to decide, if just one, though, I'll need a decade or so to think it over, I'll necro the thread in case I'll haven't passed on myself by then 😅

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ineffable Mote said:

GG Allin - because I think he'd fit right in, for a short time at least.

I saw the film about him :o I think he might get banned if he tries that in an infohub though! 💩

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The former artist known as Prince.

He did visit SL once! B|

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

Michael Jackson for both, I would put him in  charge of Mocap.

And yes, I know there were tons of MJ avs in SL for a while, probably still a few around but not as there was. I would like this one to be the mother of al avs.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 90 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.