If you could "Resurrect" any famous person as an Avatar in Second Life: 1) Who would it be/why, and 2) What "Second Life" feature would you ask them to use/leverage?

On 3/16/2024 at 12:37 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I wouldn't know which Bowie persona to bring back for SL performances: Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, etc.

He may not be dead though :o

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:22 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, it's an utterly appalling concept. It is premised on the idea that women are naturally inferior and submissive to men: so-called "free women" are considered unfortunate because they have not yet been claimed by a man. In the novels in any case, physical punishment and even femicide are considered acceptable ways of "managing" one's women. I quote again John Norman, speaking in his own voice in an interview from 2011:

Norman actually wrote a "guide" to RL sex built on these sorts of principles.

But that's not to say that all Gorean RP need be equally appalling. There are Gorean "lifestylers" in SL, people (oddly enough, mostly men) who actually believe this crap. But there are also a great many who just RP it because they find the idea fun and sexy.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, but that's me. You should ask @Amina Sopwith about it, however: she has some utterly hilarious stories about Gorean RP.

ETA: One final point: Gor is not BDSM. It lacks the fundamental focus upon consent and power-exchange upon which BDSM is premised, and, unlike BDSM, it is also fundamentally gendered.. And in fact Norman himself has said that he dislikes BDSM, because it is not "beautiful" in the way that a one-sided gendered relationship is.

Hmmm, I was wondering... How would the trans and gender fluidity movement affect GOR?  (Teehee)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Hmmm, I was wondering... How would the trans and gender fluidity movement affect GOR?  (Teehee)

Pretty sure his head would explode. (Which is maybe not such a ba . . . No. I shouldn't!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pretty sure his head would explode. (Which is maybe not such a ba . . . No. I shouldn't!)

Not sure, but think I suggested resurrecting them into SL in the first place..for this reason...!

"What have you done to my dream?!?! Why do you all appear to be robotic alphas, fetishizing women?!?" *pop*

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 3

I want to meet Salvador Dali, and maybe his wife.

He would probably drop a bunch of his techniques and ideas as tools to be unboxed... if selling them in SL doesn't work, he could always clone himself in several Open Sim hyper grids and do the dirty work there (presumably for free, but it's possible to sell stuff in OS).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1