Why does no one wear wings anymore? :(

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Flexi hair is making a comeback so I'm sure some other things will.Β  πŸ˜•

Β  Β The hair-on-butt 'fashion', perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Odd choice.

Meaning, "straight up" vs. "down"? I guessed that was just due to how flexi kind of "floats"..?

ETA: I should try some flexi wings in mobile viewer!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Meaning, "straight up" vs. "down"? I guessed that was just due to how flexi kind of "floats"..?

ETA: I should try some flexi wings in mobile viewer!

The lack of physics.Β 

And flexi wings in general.

Personally I prefer flexi prim hair to mesh hair that "lies" six inches from your back, and is held in place by a gallon of shellac

Some say flexi prim hair moves too much, but it's way better than mesh hair that doesn't move at all.

Its the "extra bounce" conditioner I use. 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The lack of physics.Β 

And flexi wings in general.

In my opinion, the fact "all flexi" points straight up for mobile means, something was started. Otherwise, "straight up" wouldn't make any sense..

But to clarify - in my case for testing the mobile viewer, I was using flexi hair and a flexi tail (my go-to's), not flexi-wings.

Β 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

Also, bring back the hilarious shoe sounds that are built into the shoe.

I actually give away a script for silencing floors. It silences all the shoes that walk on them, too.

I don't feel bad though, because it stops the hollow, wooden CLUNK every time I bump into a rock or a sidewalk curb.

I can get people wanting their heels to go clickety-click, though. It does add a layer of immersion, especially in a misty, shadowed noir setting, or a long hallway in an acoustically-resonant type of building, but even the hardest shoes shouldn't make tapping noises on shag carpet, IMO.

As for wings, I am never without them, they're just invisible until I start flying.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I actually give away a script for silencing floors. It silences all the shoes that walk on them, too.

I don't feel bad though, because it stops the hollow, wooden CLUNK every time I bump into a rock or a sidewalk curb.

I disable collision sounds, since I bump into doorways alot. I also disable interface clicks (which I absolutely hate in YouTube videos) because it destroys my feeling of immersion.

• Like 3

I don't wear wings often, but as with fantasy skins, sometimes I like to wear moth wings. Butterfly wings symbolize transformation, but moth wings symbolize the darker (not evil) side of the spirit and life. It's kind of like finding beauty and resiliance in the darkness.

• Like 2

I used to have a collection of various cybernetic wings, but honestly the novelty of using them wore off after a while. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

That's not to say that I don't fly any more, but these days I'm powered by telekinesis, being an alien with a big head. πŸ‘½

Alas, said big head also meant I ditched all my old hairpieces as they no longer fitted.Β πŸ˜₯

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

That's not to say that I don't fly any more, but these days I'm powered by telekinesis, being an alien with a big head.

Β  Β I do quite like the sound effects in some of the wings I have, especially the few times the audio and animation actually align. Buuuut I mostly fly helicopters these days!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 5:41 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Not in the new Mobile viewer..last I checked,Β all Flexi sticks STRAIGHT UP like vertical spikes.

Or in my case (with old prim hair), they stick out and vibrate weirdly like I'm about to get struck by lightning.Β πŸ€ͺ

I can't even imagine the insane scope of work with the mobile viewer project. Limitless backward compatibility issues and endless edge cases, coupled with a sky-high pile of potential features everyone's going to want (anything short of which, of course, being deemed a complete failure on the part of LL in the eyes of many), and I'm wondering why they even decided to do it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I am not kidding when I say that there are clapping butt cheek sounds out there that are built into the butt.

I hear them often in the Adult hub that I designated as a "home". πŸ˜„πŸ˜

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:07 AM, Spiffy Voxel said:

I used to have a collection of various cybernetic wings, but honestly the novelty of using them wore off after a while. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

That's not to say that I don't fly any more, but these days I'm powered by telekinesis, being an alien with a big head. πŸ‘½

Alas, said big head also meant I ditched all my old hairpieces as they no longer fitted.Β πŸ˜₯

Cute

On 3/12/2024 at 10:45 PM, PixelBerry said:

No no guys... what we need to bring back is the bling shoes and accessories.Β πŸ™ƒ

I bought a necklace recently that I didn't realize was from the olden times. Every 5 seconds it would flash with the power of a thousand suns!

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2