CSI: Miami to do Second Life episode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

It is this episode that many people tell me was the reason they joined SL. This and The Office and Dwight :p.

Put SL in more shows. xD...

Oddly this episode was part of the reason I joined SL, back when I first saw the episode I think in 2011 ish in syndication [or first tried to, since back then my laptop was not good enough to run it], the other reason was a former guild mate in an MMO I played who was on SL and described it as a place you could be whatever you wanted even a ball of goo, lol.  As some who is super in to customization, I made an account but at the time [as mentioned above] I was unable to run it. So I don't really count my join time till 2018 on making Violet [when I needed a social outlet and had realized I now had a laptop that could run it, I had lost the password to the first account for some time], since I was unable to spend literally no time in world the first time. That old account is now my male alt.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 2

It could still be relevant as a new episode today, just use deepfake AI software to update all the avatars to EvoX, and run it again.

Dub in a few Meta references, nobody would know any better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Midnoot said:

It is this episode that many people tell me was the reason they joined SL

Is that the same "many people" that you say you don't talk to because they are all filthy alts, or the "many people" you don't talk to because they are all filthy bots, or just the "many people" who don't talk to you?

Asking for a friend.

Pretty sure that many people in SL never watched CSI Miami at all, 16 years ago, let alone that episode, let alone decided to log into SL a decade or more later because of it.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Is that the same "many people" that you say you don't talk to because they are all filthy alts, or the "many people" you don't talk to because they are all filthy bots, or just the "many people" who don't talk to you?

Asking for a friend.

Pretty sure that many people in SL never watched CSI Miami at all, 16 years ago, let alone that episode, let alone decided to log into SL a decade or more later because of it.

This is what I'm talking about when I mention malicious forum users. Can't help but to drag unrelated stuff from a different post into every post of everyone who has ever spoken back to you . V:

I'm over here,  participating in joyous festivities with kity cat Charlemagne's post and you just bust in and try to assassinate me in front of all the children.

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

try to assassinate me

Why waste effort trying to assassinate anyone, when they insist on playing "Russian Roulette" with an Uzi SMG every time they post?

9 hours ago, Midnoot said:

reason they joined SL

People have claimed repeatedly that we "all joined SL because"...

"we all read Snowcrash" - WRONG

"we all watched The Office" - WRONG

"we all watched CSI Miami" - WRONG

"we all watched Ready Player One" - WRONG

"we all watched Tron" - WRONG

"we all heard you could make a million RL dollars here" - WRONG

"we all heard this was THE place to para RP" - WRONG

"we all heard this was THE place to find HOT RL dates" - WRONG

"we all love cooperative prim pushing" - WRONG

"we all came here from IMVSpew" - WRONG

EVERY time somebody claims that any significant number of us are "obviously here because [whatever]", they will almost certainly be WRONG.

Claiming that bribing some TV production company to include 60 seconds of bad SL content that makes this place look awful into their next drama, will somehow result in a vast untapped new market of really real people who chat in local, that will save SL from being over-run with filthy anti-social alts and bots and people who go AFK, is essentially WRONG.

Claiming that something that happened over a decade before we arrived is WHY we came here, is more than just WRONG, it's incompetent.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

'they'

'we all'

Why does everyone always generalize everything?

They don't, it's just that everyone thinks they do. Especially "those" people.

You know, them, over there.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

They don't, it's just that everyone thinks they do. Especially "those" people.

You know, them, over there.

37 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

'they'

'we all'

Why does everyone always generalize everything?

Is jokes?

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

C.S.I. had a sim or something back in those days.. I forget what it was about.. So did IBM and a few others around that time..

If they let their sim go, then maybe all their forensic data is gone, too.

<-<;

>->;

Well, dodged a bullet on that one! \o/

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

And if I remember correctly on the episode a psychopathic murderer is using SL, hardly good publicity. ❤️

CSI had a habit of turning anyone whose life was three feet to one side of the exact middle of the road into psychotic murderers.

11 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
17 hours ago, Midnoot said:

It is this episode that many people tell me was the reason they joined SL

Asking for a friend.

Many people said that to me too. I doubt it represents a large portion of those who joined SL for sure, but still, many people said that to me.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.