Adult Items/Furniture allowed on General regions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

I explore ALOT.

Lately as I explore mainland, I come across General regions, with houses here/there with adult furniture inside. Even way up in the sky, in people's skyboxes.. etc.

Now, is having Adult items allowed in such regions, behind closed doors? Or not allowed?

NO.

image.png.e89332d6167d16e4dcb5f2d6f2e0c1e5.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

Lately as I explore mainland, I come across General regions, with houses here/there with adult furniture inside. Even way up in the sky, in people's skyboxes.. etc.

I find my self wondering how you KNOW there is "adult content" INSIDE people's ground level homes, and skyboxes, while just "exploring".

27 minutes ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

I explore ALOT.

Sounds like you are doing a damn sight more than just "exploring".

28 minutes ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

Now, is having Adult items allowed in such regions, behind closed doors? Or not allowed?

No, which is why G rated land commands such low prices, and is generally considered useless for residential parcels by most people.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

I explore ALOT.

What are you doing "exploring" people's private skyboxes? People who do that are why I have security orbs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, KingVampilicious Rhapsody said:

I explore ALOT.

The answers are clear i think, but you might also change your way of travelling. Do as it's meant, travel and look around the scenery. 
Investigating and rating other peoples furniture isn't what i see ad additional meaning of "exploring".
Respect the choice of people in the sky a bit more, they build there for pricacy reasons.

• Like 7

I explore a lot too, it's fun, isn't it.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have differently rated regions if you can do/have things that ignore those ratings, right?

That people do/have such things, as always and everywhere, doesn't mean it's allowed, but only that nobody (yet) knows or cared about enough to report it.

My 2 cents: If you like to explore and look inside other peoples houses because you want to see how people live, one should do that from the outside of the parcel camming in and with a lot of respect and discretion. So checking out the style: fine. Checking out the animations: not so much IMHO.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

My 2 cents: If you like to explore and look inside other peoples houses because you want to see how people live, one should do that from the outside of the parcel camming in and with a lot of respect and discretion. So checking out the style: fine. Checking out the animations: not so much IMHO.

This. And, as an avid explorer myself, I would advise keeping the exploring to ground level. There is not much to explore in the sky anyway and people's skyboxes are not for you to snoop around in.

• Like 4

Yeah, it's not allowed. But if the OP isn't comfortable contacting the landowner directly, maybe they should just keep quiet. Not that an abuse report will get the reporter banned for "exploring" where they didn't belong or anything, but if they're not comfortable admitting it, it's probably best they not throw stones.

That said, anybody is free to explore any of my land at any altitude, at any time. Sometimes I remember to mention it in the parcel name or description, sometimes not. I'd much prefer if folks who don't want visitors would be expected to say so in their parcel descriptions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

people always say, oh adult stuff is allowed on general if its hidden

Who says that?   I've never seen it said in the forums.  Adult items are allowed on Moderate regions as we've been told numerous times but can't say I've seen anyone say it's allowed on General.  Not inworld either.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Who says that? 

There's another thread going, where Captain Oldbies people who should know better, are saying you can have a link in your profile to a Group set to public join, as a way to bypass the "no public access, no advertising" sections of the "Behind Closed Doors" policy, and run an A rated Sex Club on M rated land, one of them even said you don't need banlines on mainland because "Belli doesn't allow banlines".

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"A lot of people say.."

"Everyone says.."

"People say.."

Examples of what "people say"! 🙂

So basically the same people who claim Encroachment is allowed if you follow the mythical "50% Rule".

Hah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

There's another thread going, where Captain Oldbies people who should know better, are saying you can have a link in your profile to a Group set to public join, as a way to bypass the "no public access, no advertising" sections of the "Behind Closed Doors" policy, and run an A rated Sex Club on M rated land, one of them even said you don't need banlines on mainland because "Belli doesn't allow banlines".

Can you post the link to that thread, please?

• Thanks 1

Well, just to give @BilliJo Aldrin someone to point to when she says "a lot of people" (I contain multitudes!)...

Yup, General regions are not supposed to have any Adult content on them.

BUT, as our snoopy OP has pointed out, sometimes it happens.

AND, as long as parcel privacy is turned on (which you are supposed to do when conducting Adult activities on Moderate regions anyway), I personally don't see the problem with this violation. It's a peccadillo at most.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Well, there was only one person who said the workaround would work.  Not surprisingly.   It's the advertising part of that whole thing that makes it against the ToS.  That still isn't saying Adult content is allowed on General.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That still isn't saying Adult content is allowed on General.  

I never said that it did, I implied it was the same kind of people.

The ones who claim Belli Covenants apply on Mainland, or claim the 50% rule means they are allowed to encroach, or that being ejected from private parcels is "griefing", or any one of a number of obviously false statements, upto and including the "you must clear your cache every day" nonsense.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

You can have Adult content on a Moderate region if it is not public or publically advertised. You do not need to have banlines. (Banlines are against the rules in Bellisseria, but people are free to have Adult content inside their homes and skyboxes.)

You can have a private group from which you invite people to Adult activities on your Moderate land. Perhaps you could have a link to your group in your profile or on Adult land, rather than having a direct link to your land?

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So basically the same people who claim Encroachment is allowed if you follow the mythical "50% Rule".

Hah.

Just to be clear, I said people could be invited to join a group. I did not say it should be a public group or publically advertised group, though a rental group could of course be advertised. What do you think happens when people rent land or homes in Moderate regions? They often put Adult furniture or content in their homes. How many rental places have you seen where every parcel has ban lines around it?

Btw, I didn't even comment on that other thread you mentioned and have never heard of a "50% Rule".

22 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I never said that it did, I implied it was the same kind of people.

The ones who claim Belli Covenants apply on Mainland, or claim the 50% rule means they are allowed to encroach, or that being ejected from private parcels is "griefing", or any one of a number of obviously false statements, upto and including the "you must clear your cache every day" nonsense.

You said "the same people" not "the same kind of people".

I don't think you should group people into such broad groups, as if what everyone thinks is either this or that, black or white, when in reality there are nuances and shades of grey in what people think.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
"there", not "their".

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Btw, I didn't even comment on that other thread you mentioned

/me coughs and refreshes your memory.

On 11/12/2023 at 6:10 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

You can have Adult content on a Moderate region if it is not public or publically advertised. You do not need to have banlines.

Really? You didn't make that post? You've obviously been hacked, report your account compromised to LL now.

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

and have never heard of a "50% Rule".

That's another thread, I don't recall seeing you in that one, but iit's another example of the type of weird anti-fact people tend to post.

Such as claiming you can have a parcel as "private" without banlines.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, just to give @BilliJo Aldrin someone to point to when she says "a lot of people" (I contain multitudes!)...

Yup, General regions are not supposed to have any Adult content on them.

BUT, as our snoopy OP has pointed out, sometimes it happens.

AND, as long as parcel privacy is turned on (which you are supposed to do when conducting Adult activities on Moderate regions anyway), I personally don't see the problem with this violation. It's a peccadillo at most.

when ever i mention to someone that their adult furniture isnt allowed on general they say oh its fine, its hidden away, so i guess everyone that has adult furniture on general feels the same way, and considering the size of second life, i would guess that qualifies as lots of people.

Do i care?

only because i dont want to see them get in trouble

Do i report them?

Of course not, i dont care what they do 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.