Maitreya Lara vs LaraX comparison (animated)

SueWorthly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The blinking technique should help to highlight the differences.

I'm using the same shape for both Lara and LaraX.

Improved wrists:

lx-arm.webp

Hips and groin:

lx-groin.webp

Full body comparison. Notice the improved shoulders.

lx-full-s-bk.webp

lx-full-fr.webp

Despite the name, Lara and LaraX are different bodies. Tight clothing for Lara won't fit LaraX. However, the feet and the hands remain the same; most of the leg seem the same too, so even the old over-knee boots for Lara are compatible as long as they aren't thigh-high.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 22

This is why I'm patiently waiting and hoping some of my clothes get upgraded! I will buy a few LaraX threads in the meantime... not sure if it'll stop me from using Erika (it likely won't)... my thickest, fattest shapes still work the best there, and well... my shorty shapes that aren't thicc but have some curves just look really good in LaraX! 

• Like 3

Wow, hardly seems worth all the fuss, especially considering many lara clothes won't work on the larax

So you wanna spend thousands of L's for a new wardrobe, or "suffer" with what was a pretty darn good (and still is) body before larax was released.

I'll totally pass on that new body.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added word for grammar
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Wow, hardly seems worth all the fuss, especially considering many lara clothes won't work on the larax

So you wanna spend thousands of L's for a new wardrobe, or "suffer" with what was a pretty darn good (and still is) body before larax was released.

Or you can continue to use your old version of the body till more is available for the LaraX body. That's why the old V5.3 version is included with the new body.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I've avoided Maitreya because of the shoulders. That fix alone makes the body my next likely daily wear.

If the shoulders haven't bothered you then I see your point. If I were in that boat, I would likely pass too.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Well, The body is free if you already have the 5.3 so there really is nothing to lose if you already have it..

Myself, I haven't had to buy anything yet for the body.. The nice thing about this body creator is, the first body has more content than most of the other bodies out there and the content getting updated for the new body is making it much easier than the newer bodies that are starting out fresh..

The thing Maitreya and Ebody have in common is, they have a lot of the really good creators backing them up  out of the gate, much more than the full perm creators that usually flood the other new bodies..

Some have been working hard updating all their content to laraX, so that's a really good thing.:)

I've been finding all kinds of updates for the new body..

But really there is no reason to change if you are happy with the 5.3.. I'm gonna use both myself, because I know it would be silly of me to think everything i have for 5.3 will be updated to LaraX.. I have some really good stuff that there is no way I'm tossing because nobody really makes those things much anymore these days that I've found..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Armpits! That is really the thing for me. I also saw an improvement just where the shoulders meet the neck. It was a smoother curve instead of a flat plane.

LaraX will be my beach body and lingerie body. Also the body for dresses/tops that show the shoulders.

The changes in alpha cuts was a surprise. It makes it harder to use 5.3 clothes over LaraX, since wrong parts get alpha'ed out. I can still use almost all clothes I have over LaraX, but to change the alpha cut for everything is going to be a hassle.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well, The body is free if you already have the 5.3 so there really is nothing to lose if you already have it..

Myself, I haven't had to buy anything yet for the body.. The nice thing about this body creator is, the first body has more content than most of the other bodies out there and the content getting updated for the new body is making it much easier than the newer bodies that are starting out fresh..

The thing Maitreya and Ebody have in common is, they have a lot of the really good creators backing them up  out of the gate, much more than the full perm creators that usually flood the other new bodies..

Some have been working hard updating all their content to laraX, so that's a really good thing.:)

I've been finding all kinds of updates for the new body..

But really there is no reason to change if you are happy with the 5.3.. I'm gonna use both myself, because I know it would be silly of me to think everything i have for 5.3 will be updated to LaraX.. I have some really good stuff that there is no way I'm tossing because nobody really makes those things much anymore these days that I've found..

Yes being able to swap out will give you the best of both, and yes creators will support it. I  think I'm still at 4 point something, since i never got the bom update.

• Like 1

I think there is also the 'political' reason for sticking with Onyx and Maitreya.  They have been super loyal to their customers through the years, and that cannot be said of certain other popular body makers.  Many of the clothes makers will give us free updates to LaraX over time, and many will want to sell more new clothes.  I know which ones I am going with.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yes being able to swap out will give you the best of both, and yes creators will support it. I  think I'm still at 4 point something, since i never got the bom update.

The Lara 5.3 also comes with the LaraX if you ever wanted to update.. They have it in the extras hud that is in the folder.. I think you would have to use the store redeliver though since I think they didn't add redeliver to the hud until the 5.0's. I ave my older versions also in my inventory somewhere..I just kept them because I just never knew if I might need them for some reason.. hehehe

• Like 2

The new update is just wonderful - and free! I think that speaks very, very highly to the creator. I'm happy to keep wearing both versions! LaraX has such beautiful shoulders, I'm excited about that. Still trying to work out my updated shape, but I love how natural and elegant it looks.

Also so happy that the jewelry and the shoes fit 😄

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JulsToffy said:

The new update is just wonderful - and free! I think that speaks very, very highly to the creator. I'm happy to keep wearing both versions! LaraX has such beautiful shoulders, I'm excited about that. Still trying to work out my updated shape, but I love how natural and elegant it looks.

Also so happy that the jewelry and the shoes fit 😄

Ya and the nails fit too which I was like, Yusssss! \o/

I can't say this happens too often with new bodies with so much things fitting from the older ones..:)

• Like 3

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya and the nails fit too which I was like, Yusssss! \o/

I can't say this happens too often with new bodies with so much things fitting from the older ones..:)

IKR! I just feel so good that I didn't lose my previous outfits and I can still use older stuff on the new body here and there. When I was a Freya wearer... things didn't go quite as happily lol. Oh well, I'm so glad now! Waiting for updates and new clothes now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JulsToffy said:

IKR! I just feel so good that I didn't lose my previous outfits and I can still use older stuff on the new body here and there. When I was a Freya wearer... things didn't go quite as happily lol. Oh well, I'm so glad now! Waiting for updates and new clothes now.

I'm always frustrated with how long it takes to get a decent bikini after a new body release  so I can hit the beach..All I had to do was redeliver for mine this time.. I'm loving gettign fresh versions of things I already love.:)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm always frustrated with how long it takes to get a decent bikini after a new body release  so I can hit the beach..All I had to do was redeliver for mine this time.. I'm loving gettign fresh versions of things I already love.:)

I wish Blueberry would update their Splish Splash group gift bikini set to include LaraX and LaraX Petite sizes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I wish Blueberry would update their Splish Splash group gift bikini set to include LaraX and LaraX Petite sizes.

I'm waiting for Tetra and hoping they do their Spicy Bikini. Really anything from Tetra.. But especially the Spicy.. hehehe

That or maybe they will make a new one which I'll be all over it like a spider monkey Chip! hehehe

S&P had one I really loved that was interactive, but they already said they aren't doing updates.. Hopefully they make a new interactive one.. It would get wet when you went in the water and would drip and then dry off over time.. It was great for the beach..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm waiting for Tetra and hoping they do their Spicy Bikini. Really anything from Tetra.. But especially the Spicy.. hehehe

That or maybe they will make a new one which I'll be all over it like a spider monkey Chip! hehehe

S&P had one I really loved that was interactive, but they already said they aren't doing updates.. Hopefully they make a new interactive one.. It would get wet when you went in the water and would drip and then dry off over time.. It was great for the beach..

Oh my gosh, yes. S&P is going to be updating their doll avatar attachment sets, but I love their clothing that gets wet in SL water. It would be such a shame to have a nice LaraX body and not have a water interactive bikini for it.

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Oh my gosh, yes. S&P is going to be updating their doll avatar attachment sets, but I love their clothing that gets wet in SL water. It would be such a shame to have a nice LaraX body and not have a water interactive bikini for it.

Oh ya I forgot about the Doll things.. :$

I'm gonna look for some jean shorts today and a nice pair of jeans..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Okay, while this might not be completely true to the OP, it is a comparison. I've heard many saying they were concerned about being able to get the right proportions with a short avie and the LaraX. I use an avie that is quite short and Debi/Blush are rather in the mid range. Thought I'd share how it worked out for the short avie.

heightcomparisonBK.thumb.jpg.a10f3f06784a7aafdbaf24b09c4e54e7.jpg

heightcomparisonFR.thumb.jpg.3dd1a1ea421f885a984fd1b52a41da5a.jpg

heightcomparisonSD.thumb.jpg.c2523a76fd139ef51e812eb46f09c3e2.jpg

I've never liked my avies to look really skinny, but I don't like plump so much either. I try to keep them looking trim and somewhat athletic but not muscular. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Okay, while this might not be completely true to the OP, it is a comparison. I've heard many saying they were concerned about being able to get the right proportions with a short avie and the LaraX. I use an avie that is quite short and Debi/Blush are rather in the mid range. Thought I'd share how it worked out for the short avie.

heightcomparisonBK.thumb.jpg.a10f3f06784a7aafdbaf24b09c4e54e7.jpg

heightcomparisonFR.thumb.jpg.3dd1a1ea421f885a984fd1b52a41da5a.jpg

heightcomparisonSD.thumb.jpg.c2523a76fd139ef51e812eb46f09c3e2.jpg

I've never liked my avies to look really skinny, but I don't like plump so much either. I try to keep them looking trim and somewhat athletic but not muscular. 

Those look great! :)

My problem with my shorter shapes is my stand animations.. Some of them have that hip hike stand and I'll only get the crunch when it does that part of the animation.. I was getting it also in the 5.3 so it's not really something new for me.. it's smoother and not really as much crunch as it just looks unnatural to me.. I'm looking for new stands today to see what I can come up with..

Plus I could probably do a little touch more stretch in my torso, just not too much.. I'm kind of going  for what you would see with a shorter barrel racer or rough rider.. Thicker legs and butt, but not loose bigger but more tight and athletic kind of thick.. it's been hard for me to get that right on any body really other than the Maitreya bodies so far.. although  the Erkia body I could get it also..But they don;t really make rider clothes for that body.. Saddle pinch sucks!! \o/ hehehe

I love your shapes  in the pick and love those jeans..

Where did you get those?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.