How does your avatar look when enhanced by AI?

Danielle Atheria

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Would Artbreeder work for this as well?

It would. I probably prefer something online like that vs trying to do it through my own PC, but both are valid approaches to AI art. I'll get better at prompting hopefully, guess I'm a little impatient at getting results. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeromFranzic said:

It would. I probably prefer something online like that vs trying to do it through my own PC, but both are valid approaches to AI art. I'll get better at prompting hopefully, guess I'm a little impatient at getting results. :)

Ya I'm the same.. I already have an account there and really don't want to download anymore things to my computer if I don't have to.. I'm trying to cut down on things more..

• Like 1

I did a bit of fiddling . Here's how AI interpreted Caitlin:. The original is first. I didn't make any alterations to the AI generated images. The original was the reference image. I was able to crop the original a bit in the Gencraft online AI I used, so it would pick up her features better, but I can't download that from the website.

Cat and me in livingroom.png

Cat1.jpg

Cat2.jpg

Cat3.jpg

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I did a bit of fiddling . Here's how AI interpreted Caitlin:. The original is first. I didn't make any alterations to the AI generated images. The original was the reference image. I was able to crop the original a bit in the Gencraft online AI I used, so it would pick up her features better, but I can't download that from the website.

Cat and me in livingroom.png

Cat1.jpg

Cat2.jpg

Cat3.jpg

So interesting.......... Caitlin is lovely but AI is weird.............  amazing to me how much trouble AI still  has with the concept of "fingers", LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now here's @Cinnamon Mistwood. I used the same "prompts' as for Caitlin, except I typed "Red Hair" instead.

31 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

So interesting.......... Caitlin is lovely but AI is weird.............  amazing to me how much trouble AI still  has with the concept of "fingers", LOL.

Tell me about it!!! I deliberately didn't fix anything, so the errors of AI can be seen

• Like 1

Now here's @Cinnamon Mistwoodenhanced by AI. The first pic is the reference image, which is a crop of a pic I posted earlier when she was together with me and Caitlin. I used the same "prompts" as for Caitlin, except I typed in " red hair".

Cinn in Latex.png

Cinny1.jpg

PSX_20231116_115237.jpg

PSX_20231116_124720.jpg

PSX_20231116_124922.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
spelling correction
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Now here's @Cinnamon Mistwoodenhanced by AI. The first pic is the reference image, which is a crop of a oic I posted earlier when she was together with me and Caitlin. I used the same "prompts" as for Caitlin, except I typed in " red hair".

Cinn in Latex.png

The original is so much more attractive!  But what on earth are you putting into the prompts?  "Typewriters all the way down"???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

The original is so much more attractive!  But what on earth are you putting into the prompts?  "Typewriters all the way down"???

44 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am guessing he put in "secretary" and possibly "vintage".  

Do tell, Sandor!  What were your prompts?

This is a part of my prompt. The AI actually modified it from my original "vintage secretary":

A (((1950's office setting))) where a vibrant, modern redhead in iconic red lipstick and an evil smirk poses confidently at a (((typewriter))

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The first pic is the original But I better get back to my household chores, before Cinny and Cat get back from work and see that I haven't done all the housework they expected me to do!!!

Sandor Vacuuming.png

PSX_20231116_140230.jpg

PSX_20231116_140327.jpg

PSX_20231116_141012.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I thought having AI modify a photo made it similar to the photo supplied, but enhanced it somehow - like it used the supplied photo.  I guess I don't understand how it works.  The photos posted look nothing like the original.

Do you even need a photo from SL?

I used an AI generator where we don't NEED a reference image. There are some that are meant only to enhance though. I haven't tried any of those yet. My pics were just a quick experiment. I should try the same prompt  without a reference image of you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To me, enhanced isn't the correct word for what AI does.  Manipulated or modified seems more apt.  The picture.of @Cinnamon Mistwoodwas beautiful before AI.  AI  didn't improve it just changed it.

I totally agree with both of you. There is simply no way of making Cinny look "better" than her look in the original. I was just curious what AI would come up with.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I thought having AI modify a photo made it similar to the photo supplied, but enhanced it somehow - like it used the supplied photo.  I guess I don't understand how it works.  The photos posted look nothing like the original.

Here are a few where I didn't use a pic of you as a reference, and the same prompts. There isn't too much difference. Maybe more similarity to your AV's face with the reference pic ones.

PSX_20231116_151912.jpg

PSX_20231116_151952.jpg

PSX_20231116_152029.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I think the confusion comes from progress that has been made with AI. It has been with us for a while. Before you’d use AI to “Enhance” your picture. Really what it did was run your picture through a series of filters and voilà….you had an AI enhanced photo.

Over the last couple years the advancement is really, that it’s doing its own thing. The better ones allow you to put how much it’ll actually alter your photo. The real magic is you can just type something, a few sentences and you’ll get a fully rendered drawing, painting or photo.

I’m not a techie person, so I may not have explained it properly. I think the misunderstanding is that it’s supposed to enhance what you put in there as a reference. It’s really taking what you put in there and making something new.

Personally, I enjoy playing around with it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

n1LMrO0.jpg

I asked Bing AI to create a picture of a SL avatar based on René Artois, my forum avatar picture.
This is what the program came up with.
Now I only need to find that stuff inworld. :)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 10

38 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I asked Bing AI to create a picture of a SL avatar based on René Artois, my forum avatar picture.
This is what the program came up with.
Now I only need to find that stuff inworld. :)

The day we can prompt an AI to 'mesh, rig, and texture some fancy clothes for SL', I'll be opening a store selling that sort of stuff!

• Like 5