Favorite Quotes Discovered In SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love to read profiles and discover interesting quotes. I've received quite a few from various groups in SL too. What are some of your favorite quotes --quotes with insight, funny ones, or plain odd & bizarre quotes.

This is a favorite of mine from Einstein (although debated regarding exact accuracy) I picked up in a SL group and pasted into my saves of lovely quotes:

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest — a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

Edited by Sequoia Sojourner
  • Like 2

one of the best, given to me by a SL sis and worthy for my profile

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."
- Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh Nation

• Like 4

Oh I've got some good ones on my profile, but too sleepy atm to log in and find them.

I do remember one on my Profile that I wrote myself, dealing with accepting death, and rejoicing in both my 2nd & 1st life gardens,  and my inner Self garden as well:

"May the end find me unafraid and happy in my unfinished garden" ~~~ Luna Bliss

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

That one about "can't handle me at my worst, don't deserve me" that basically warns everybody that you're an insufferable shrew always makes me laugh. 

haha...when i see some such thing in a Profile I ruuuuuuuunnnnn...especially when they describe their 'worst' in detail..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

That one about "can't handle me at my worst, don't deserve me" that basically warns everybody that you're an insufferable shrew always makes me laugh. 

Tell me you were born in the 16th century without telling me you were born in the 16th century.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

I bet if the Buddha's pet hamster bit his hand, he wouldn't think suffering was optional :o

haha...yeah he might not have been so enlightened as was claimed!

I remember when I first discovered the difference between pain and suffering when I had a severe cold. I just would not accept that I had this illness with all the painful symptoms that accompanied it-- I was resisting against it.  Once I stopped resisting or fighting against it I felt amazingly better!  I still felt pain, but I was not suffering anymore, and actually felt kind of good in a strange way.

Can't always do that, but I do try. No need to feel worse than I need to.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
8 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Tell me you were born in the 16th century without telling me you were born in the 16th century.

Try to stay on topic. Do you have a favorite quote?

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
16 minutes ago, Unity Evermore said:

Try to stay on topic. Do you have a favorite quote? .

"You are not actually a mod here, you know, nor a forum cop."

And you discovered this on someone's profile in-world? Seems like a strange thing to have in a profile because there are no forums in-world.

Edited by Unity Evermore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.