Favorite Quotes Discovered In SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Found in someones profile: "I enjoy reading profiles and probably have already read yours. You should know, however, that I note spelling and grammar errors and, yes, I will judge you, especially if your profile is blank."

Don't coluor me surprised,  if this member of the gramar and zpelling police wants to take controll on these forums too.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Carefully added some spelling mistakes to be on the safe side.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Biography

_.:*~*:.Life is like a tin of sardines.:*~*:._
.:*~*:._ all of us looking for a key _.:*~*:.
.:*~*:._ who holds yours? _.:*~*:.

Isn't the key always on the lid of the can?

Edited by Sid Nagy
Spelling, spelling, spelling..... it must be an English text.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Isn't the key always on the lid of the can?

In the olden days these keys used to drop off. 

Now sardine cans have ring pulls.

The keys still sometimes drop off the corned beef cans though.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Thanks 1

I saw this for a short while in my own profile:

"I don't eat sardines, so it has been a long time since I opened a can for my mother back in the days. I have no clue about the modern situation of can opening.
In the supermarket across the streat they sell cornet beef sliced an packaged just like other cold cuts. So no hasle to open cans for that either."

Now it is gone again.
One can find the strangest things in SL profiles at times. :D

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

I used to be (and possibly still am) in a group called Profile Perverts Anonymous, and for some reason have this quote from a profile.

It will make some people's fingers itch for sure. (Red pens at the ready :) )

"

When i first started playing sl i was nieve, sweet, kind hearted, full of giddiness, laughter, happiness,  wanted to make everyone my friend and show them the love filled heart i had to share. But in the jounrney of my time here in sl i have found nothing but heartache, mind games,stress, players,to many tears have been shed and con artists who are out to just steal your money. So Thank you Sl for making me a skeptic, distrusting, cold hearted ***** who has no love left to share.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Found in someones profile: "I enjoy reading profiles and probably have already read yours. You should know, however, that I note spelling and grammar errors and, yes, I will judge you, especially if your profile is blank."

Don't coluor me surprised,  if this member of the gramar and zpelling police wants to take controll on these forums too.

Oh, so now we're going in-world and stalking forum posters? I would quote your profile but it's all about your store. Too boring.

I would like to open this up a bit. It's too late to do so in my OP, so will attempt that here.

In addition to citing quotes you've seen inworld, are there quotes found anywhere in our grand Universe that can apply to Second Life? And you can explain how your quote applies to Second Life if you wish.

Like: 

“You're the oddest person I've ever met, you couldn't get rid of me if you tried.”
Audrey Niffenegger,
Her Fearful Symmetry

* Who has not met a strange person in Second Life you never wanted to let go of?

Or:

“The world we suggest is a new wild west. A sensuous evil world. Strange and haunting, the path of the sun…”
Jim Morrison

* So much could be said about this quote as it pertains to Second Life, most likely it would differ for each person.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:

Oh, so now we're going in-world and stalking forum posters? I would quote your profile but it's all about your store. Too boring.

So you are a profile reader pro, that is peeved if someone reads your own profile?  Even declare that stalking!
Don't color me surprised.
Again. 🙄

No need to go in world to read someones profile BTW. It is right there on the SL webside for every member.
Stalking, Tsk.
Don't forget to put me next to Paul.  I like to be in goot companie. :)

Edited by Sid Nagy
Carefully added some spelling mistakes to be on the safe side.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2023 at 10:39 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Tell me you were born in the 16th century without telling me you were born in the 16th century.

heres one for ya, “tell me you don’t live in Utah, without actually telling me you don’t live in Utah”.

I actually did this on my recent trip to Utah 😂

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.