What do you think "LL will 'never' Change or Fix"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hugs! (We've bumped heads in the past, but I - for my part - got over it.)

"LL will never provide counseling for people who just don't get along!"

Most can find some common ground, some however won't find any compromise and insist theirs is the only way. Thankfully they are few and far between

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hugs! (We've bumped heads in the past, but I - for my part - got over it.)

"LL will never provide counseling for people who just don't get along!"

There is some danger of this devolving into a group hug.

And I'm afraid I'd be compelled to AR that.

😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Most can find some common ground, some however won't find any compromise and insist theirs is the only way. Thankfully they are few and far between

And I think sometimes we're all a little bit too close in here, like nearest and dearest family, so every now and then there are clashes. Time outs are good, put perspective on issues. I take them regularly but have been using the ignore feature in lieu of me having to go do another time out.

Possibly relevant to the topic, so I'll toss it in, just in case...

LL will never fix the wingnut between the chair and the keyboard.

Apparently, it's just not something within their power to fix, but dernit, if they could, the whole internet would benefit.

It's cool though, I'm working on a petition to force them to figure it out and do something about it. I've got 3 signatures lined up already from Reddit users, too. XD

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I had a second thought: I care less that they react, I just don't want to KNOW they reacted.

This I could get behind!  The only person I want in control of what I am allowed to see/react to or not is me.

Hopefully LL will not fix what's not broken. 

Good:  I don't want to see what a certain person posts. 

Bad: I want to decide for others what they can see/react to.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

This I could get behind!  The only person I want in control of what I am allowed to see/react to or not is me.

Hopefully LL will not fix what's not broken. 

Good:  I don't want to see what a certain person posts. 

Bad: I want to decide for others what they can see/react to.

I didnt ask them to protect me from reaction or comment, just saying I dont wish to see it. This post of mine was actually provoked by someone I cant stand or want to interact with liking one of my posts on another thread. The fact they did means I am now questioning if the post they liked wasnt me thinking wrongly and wanting me to do a 180 because they are always in my mind on the wrong side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I'm sorry but I think this blocking stuff is ridiculous....just scroll on by if you don't want to read someone's post...it's what I do. Block, unblock, peek to see if I should unblock, rinse & repeat....that's all too much work to keep track of enemies or whatever....simple little flick of my index finger on the middle scroll button does the trick..

And so LL will likely not participate in additional blocking-type features.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

1. LL will never complete Zindra.

2. LL will never deal with the lag issue. And SL apparently runs off of your CPU and not your GPU. So it can only ever process so much. I don't know how true that is but I definitely shouldn't lag with my setup and it's inescapable.

3. LL will never give 1 billion L$ to everyone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

LL Residents will never stop believing old wives tails about SL technology.  Oh sorry I guess this is off topic.

But surely EVERYONE knows that clearing your texture cache is a guaranteed cure for your avatar being ugly as sin because you didn't read the instructions that came with the incompatible mesh body and head you tried to wear.

Clearing your texture cache fixes EVERYTHING! Right?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Clearing my cache gives me more room on my 20 MB hard drive to download dirty jokes... (<-- is joke)

If the cache is corrupted though, and that was a recent issue with the rapid logoff change LL made, then clearing the cache fixed that problem, until FS added a fix to .gz index file corruption from rapid logoffs &  logons. A Windows issue too that LL never considered.

15 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

LL Residents will never stop believing old wives tails about SL technology.  Oh sorry I guess this is off topic.

It's like trying to hold back the sea.

It's not helped by many 'official' sources still publishing very dodgy advice/half truths/incorrect information of course.

I used to get annoyed by lag apparently meaning low frame rate in SL which is very unique to this platform but now.. I just try to ignore it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm sorry but I think this blocking stuff is ridiculous....just scroll on by if you don't want to read someone's post...it's what I do. Block, unblock, peek to see if I should unblock, rinse & repeat....that's all too much work to keep track of enemies or whatever....simple little flick of my index finger on the middle scroll button does the trick..

And so LL will likely not participate in additional blocking-type features.

I did like you in just flicking by or at least would try to but now realizing the blocking is a way of setting a boundary or type of ad-block for those who like to shill.

Unfortunately I doubt the Lab will enhance the blocking feature so I no longer see their emoticon responses or quoted texts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It's like trying to hold back the sea.

It's not helped by many 'official' sources still publishing very dodgy advice/half truths/incorrect information of course.

I used to get annoyed by lag apparently meaning low frame rate in SL which is very unique to this platform but now.. I just try to ignore it.

Is there anyone that doesn't get the lack/low frame rate in SL? I mean, if all the Linden Lab employees and some of the residents have the best possible devices, they will think it's in our imagination, and LL won't do anything to fix it.

The lag has mostly amused me, especially when I used to continue walking through walls or into the next sim and beyond until I inevitably crashed. Back in those days (2008) it had to be because I was using Windows Vista. Had to be (??!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

But surely EVERYONE knows that clearing your texture cache is a guaranteed cure for your avatar being ugly as sin because you didn't read the instructions that came with the incompatible mesh body and head you tried to wear.

Wait! I know this one!

Sarcasm, right?

• Haha 1

Oh, I have one!

LL will never make an easy way to move every single item/object from one place on the grid to another (assuming it all fit).

By easy I mean a button that says "grab everything on this sim" , you TP to the new location and click the second button that says "put everything you grabbed and drop it right here".

With Premium Plus now activated, I could technically just pay another $49 over my current tier fee for 1/4 a mainland sim and get a homestead, but I'd have to move my house, gallery, marina, and decorated visitable island and recreate them perfectly. About 5K worth of prims. Terrified I'll make an error.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering about something. I assume since it has never been a feature it never will be but why can't avatars have 'sit' targets worn as attachments?

This would enable all sorts of stuff that is currently complicated/compromised by the inability for one avatar to 'sit' on another.

Anyone know why?

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

but why can't avatars have 'sit' targets worn as attachments?

Because SL does not have a full hierarchy yet. You only get one level of child prims. Fixing this is an accepted JIRA.

Philip Rosedale once said that not having a full hierarchy, like every other 3D program, was his biggest design mistake.

You can sit on animesh. That's how SL horses work.

This would enable all sorts of stuff that is currently complicated/compromised by the inability for one avatar to 'sit' on another.

Yes, if you wore a sex HUD and others could sit on you, you could have sex anywhere. Unclear if that would be a good thing.

Edited by animats
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

Yes, if you wore a sex HUD and others could sit on you, you could have sex anywhere. Unclear if that would be a good thing.

I was more thinking of couples walkers, pulling someone in a cart etc but obviously lots of potential uses :)

It would be cute and it's something SL can do but only quite awkwardly.

5 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I was wondering about something. I assume since it has never been a feature it never will be but why can't avatars have 'sit' targets worn as attachments?

Anyone know why?

21 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I was more thinking of couples walkers, pulling someone in a cart etc but obviously lots of potential uses :)

It would be cute and it's something SL can do but only quite awkwardly.

When you "sit" on something in SL, the server pretends that you are a "prim", then adds the You-prim to the end of the seat-linkset.

If it attached a you-prim to my hand-holder-attachment-linkset, and the me-prim was linked to his-car-linkset, linked to their-train-freight-car-linkset, the Grid would probably implode, and I'd end up owning all your attachments, including the really personal ones you might not want me knowing about, breaking the permiissions system, and getting us all in trouble.

Hahahaha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.