What do you think "LL will 'never' Change or Fix"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

I'd be happy if LL made another attempt at linking to a Open Sim hypergrid or two! I wasn't around for the first attempt.

/me steals that..

they won't ever try to connect to the OS hypergrid
( could also be problematic for me.. i have a few alts  with the same name as there ;)  )

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

1.   Thank you, that's what I've learned today.

2.   Bet they never do it again though ;) 

I hope and predict, that as Cloud / Server processing gets cheaper, LL will lower the price on Private Regions again.

This would make economic sense, especially if Mobile eventually "takes off", because more money is made in "greater volume of sales"!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope and predict, that as Cloud / Server processing gets cheaper, LL will lower the price on Private Regions again.

This would make economic sense, especially if Mobile eventually "takes off", because more money is made in "greater volume of sales"!

Oh look ... are those flying pigs over there? :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Maybe, but it's Mainland's turn in the tick-tock of tier reductions:

image.thumb.png.880e659546aabdf1804e26e9b6e310f4.png

Discounting the "numbers": Are you counting the "anyone can buy Homesteads without a Full Private Region" benefit?

And then again: What are the "numbers" (Y-Axis, 0-300)? Tier Fee price for full 65535 sqm Mainland vs. Region?

I am implying, that if the "tick-tock" of your chart is correct, and if the new Homestead purchase-ability represents another "tick" on the "Estate side", depending on when that happened - Mainland even "missed a turn"?

Or, do Homestead Regions not count since they are "less than"?

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Discounting the "numbers": Are you counting the "anyone can buy Homesteads without a Full Private Region" benefit?

And then again: What are the "numbers" (Y-Axis, 0-300)? Tier Fee price for full 65535 sqm Mainland vs. Region?

I am implying, that if the "tick-tock" of your chart is correct, and if the new Homestead purchase-ability represents another "tick" on the "Estate side", depending on when that happened - Mainland even "missed a turn"?

Or, do Homestead Regions not count since they are "less than"?

Yeah, the ordinate is US$ per full, full-primmed region (not Gaming, not tricked-out Event specials "Pro" nor "Elite", and not Homesteads). The dates are labelled very strangely, in part because I didn't tell Google Sheets they're dates so it thinks they're just categories and spaces them all the same.

I didn't do anything with the ability of Premium Plus accounts to own standalone Homesteads nor, for that matter, anything about Estate ownership of incremental Homesteads, which do have some pricing history but I don't have that information.

But even ignoring the super-premium Homesteads, Mainland already missed a turn and overall the separation in tier between Estates and Mainland has shrunk dramatically over the years. It's kind of amazing there are any of us Mainlanders left at all—and then add Belli to the "beat Mainland while it's down" trend.

(Also, in passing, didn't there used to be a way to boost the Land Impact capacity of full Estate regions? Is that all subsumed by the Event region product line now?)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah, the ordinate is US$ per full, full-primmed region (not Gaming, not tricked-out Event specials "Pro" nor "Elite", and not Homesteads). The dates are labelled very strangely, in part because I didn't tell Google Sheets they're dates so it thinks they're just categories and spaces them all the same.

I didn't do anything with the ability of Premium Plus accounts to own standalone Homesteads nor, for that matter, anything about Estate ownership of incremental Homesteads, which do have some pricing history but I don't have that information.

But even ignoring the super-premium Homesteads, Mainland already missed a turn and overall the separation in tier between Estates and Mainland has shrunk dramatically over the years. It's kind of amazing there are any of us Mainlanders left at all—and then add Belli to the "beat Mainland while it's down" trend.

I think it's harder to compare different things now than it used to be even, because:

28 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

(Also, in passing, didn't there used to be a way to boost the Land Impact capacity of full Estate regions? Is that all subsumed by the Event region product line now?)

- Yes:  Some "Full Regions" hold more LI than others (sorry, I don't think about this often) due to "buy-in".  I don't THINK this was subsumed/replaced by "Event Regions"..could be wrong, obviously.

- Some Mainland Parcels hold more LI (2X Prim allowance)

- Premium+ users get the extra 1024 Mainland

- Some Regions hold more Avatars than others (Homesteads vs. Full Regions vs. Event Regions)

- etc.

So, comparing "Mainland" vs. "Private Region" cost leaves out most if not all of these factors and you are left with comparing just "vanilla" Full Private Regions (no "bonus" LI) and "vanilla" Mainland (not Premium+ 1024 bonus, not 2X LI bonus, etc.).

Here's a "LL will never"...

"LL will never turn their attention back to other Land benefits (Mainland or Private Region), because they are 'stuck' on Bellisseria."

I do not BELIEVE the above statement, but I think other people do.  I think LL will continue to evolve the different mix/max offerings to maximize different things.  Like "Basic" vs. "Premium" vs. "Basic Premium" (or whatever the heck it is called) vs. "Premium Plus".

I'm liking this thread, since we can be "all over the map" (so to speak) on the things "LL will 'never' do"!

• Like 1

LL will never let us change the shape of Animesh eventhough they promised we would be able to in the future.

On this page > https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Animesh_User_Guide#Are_there_any_restrictions_on_animesh_content.3F LL promises to, and i quote: "We know there is a lot of interest in supporting more extensive customization of animeshes, and are hoping to tackle this in a later project."

Animesh was released 5 years ago on November 14th 2018.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

LL will never let us change the shape of Animesh eventhough they promised we would be able to in the future.

On this page > https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Animesh_User_Guide#Are_there_any_restrictions_on_animesh_content.3F LL promises to, and i quote: "We know there is a lot of interest in supporting more extensive customization of animeshes, and are hoping to tackle this in a later project."

Animesh was released 5 years ago on November 14th 2018.

I guess in the world of "Sooner or Later", "Later is Later than Soon™."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah. Every time they dream up another subscription level I pray they've finally decided to monetize this option, but nah, they don't need our money.

In the spirit of the thread, LL will never: work any jira I submit. They used to keep them open a while, like a tease, but they must realize I'm on to their game so now they just nuke 'em at triage. For example:

so if you want any developer attention to a good idea, don't let me file the jira for it.

I have had a small amount of luck with getting some things accepted.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229045

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234447

Granted one of those had already been submitted by a different user, which I didn't realise, but I consider my submission a win as the more people requesting the better.

But then, accepted doesn't mean actioned, such in the case of this one that I submitted on my main account in 2019.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226178

And the refusal of what I still think is a great idea or at least a variation of, that works better than how I described it could work.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-202707

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, KanryDrago said:

I gave up posting after getting a 3 day in game ban for a mild insult to an idiot. All I said was the only difference between him and plankton was he was taller

Where did this happen, so I can avoid going there? I'm used to like, fighting people for three hours, throwing flaming toilets at them until the sim owner shows up, and then being given a free home and a storefront.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:35 AM, KanryDrago said:

I gave up posting after getting a 3 day in game ban for a mild insult to an idiot. All I said was the only difference between him and plankton was he was taller

LL will never give up being petty tyrants with arbitrary and capricious bans and suspensions.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

how to run creators away from SL,  link opensim to them. pass! hard stop, no pass go, no collect 200L$

It would be okay for Opensim people to come to SL to shop but not let SL people into Opensim. 

That is something hopefully SL will never fix.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.