New Last names soon?

Plant Evergreen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Is it against the ToS to pass/give/transfer an account to someone else?

You are not permitted to share or give (sell) your account to another party whilst you are alive without the consent of Linden Lab. So in extreme and warranted cases it is possible for someone to take over your account whilst you are alive as long as Linden Lab agree to it beforehand. For example if my mother who has dementia and I have Lasting Power of Attorney for her had a SL account I could apply to take control of said account - it is up to Linden Lab to decide if I can in the end though.

You can bequeath the account to another party for them to access it once you are dead.

Linden Lab Official:Death and other worries outside Second Life - Second Life Wiki

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I wouldn't pay 40 USD for a silly name.

The price is steep I agree but that is good because it forces people to think long and hard. It goes down to 15 if you stump up for Premium Plus though which is still high enough to make you think.

What I would like is for LL to seriously consider though is not to charge people again when they want to switch between names they have already purchased as that is paying for something you have already paid for. It should be free to swap between previously purchased "seasonal" names but restricted on how often it can be done - like the cooldown on changing display names. Want to swap your name free - sure but only once a week otherwise you can pay if you have more money than sense and want to change it daily.

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:57 PM, Spryth said:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows when we will be getting new last names? Perhaps some Halloween 🎃 spooky ones? Which Halloweeny last names are you personally hoping for? 🥰

Some more normal ones would be good. Themed names are fun but some of the results have been questionable at best.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spryth said:

It's October 1st and no new names??! :(

They don't do ALL of the holidays EVERY year. Maybe this year it will be Christmas names?

I wish they would do normal-sounding names more often though. If they added "Lincoln" to the list (still not used - I've checked) I'd pay 40 bucks for that in a heartbeat. And yes I have voted for it. But I guess it's not dumb enough to be selected.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:
On 9/27/2023 at 6:30 AM, Sid Nagy said:

I wouldn't pay 40 USD for a silly name.
Not in a million years.
That is the price of 350 - 400 home brew coffees!!!!!

But it would pay itself off in a million years. 😉

Ironically, we've been on Second Life for, like, a million years. 

Any money you spent in your first couple years is fully forgotten years later, unless you put it on a credit card that you never paid off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Admit it, you just want to make an alt with a dog avatar wearing a PETA badge, called "Smoking Beagle", right ?

I already have a wolf-dog avatar, but I wouldn't name her Beagle. Unfortunately, all the good Wolf and Woof last names have already been used. 🐺

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And here you go...

The following Halloween-themed names are only available for a limited time.
Batty
Morbid
Calavera
Shadow
Vampurr
Stoker
Reaper
Shiver

Carolina Reaper 🌶️🥵

Somebody HAS to call their bot 'Roy Batty'! B|

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.