Tell everyone one good thing about Second Life and Linden Labs

cirleen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

The last thing I can think of that I really like about SL is in the forums, how @Luna Bliss @Leora Greenwood @Marigold Devin and @Persephone Emerald always cheer me up. I also enjoy @Love Zhaoying's jokes, if only he would only learn how to joke properly and not the way I do. And, of course, thanks to my husband @BillFletcher for introducing me to this insanity where I fit right in.

You are very kind, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They've got an incredibly rare and very welcome liberal attitude towards content which is probably the reason their platform is still with us. Their approach limits their commercial appeal massively and undoubtedly there has been a lot of pressure to be more restrictive to appease investors, advertisers etc. This is an approach that has not been taken and to their credit this is undoubtedly the correct decision as far as keeping SL going.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cirleen said:

The last thing I can think of that I really like about SL is in the forums, how @Luna Bliss @Leora Greenwood @Marigold Devin and @Persephone Emerald always cheer me up. I also enjoy @Love Zhaoying's jokes, if only he would only learn how to joke properly and not the way I do. And, of course, thanks to my husband @BillFletcher for introducing me to this insanity where I fit right in.

I really appreciated this call out. Thank you so much. 💓 

• Like 5

There is a lot I like about Second Life of course. Why else would I have been here since 2007? One thing is particular that i value though is the fact that never ever have I bought something inworld and then  found an add in my social media about it. That is something to value today when all our online activities are sold on to other companies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You are very kind, thank you.

I've filed an Abuse Report against myself. I confess to posting an outright lie and it needs to be stricken from the record. Saying that you joke the same way as I do was a malevolent insult and I do apologize and pray tell it didn't cause unbearable mental anguish. I will be truthful, more or less, from now on, with no further bald faced lies and will continue to enjoy your jokes and laugh my butt off with every one. May the jury have mercy.

GrungeFashion.thumb.png.76a46494ca540534c36c5f3cb3f52cbd.png

edit. He said a neon green ankle monitor would be frivolous

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, cirleen said:

I've filed an Abuse Report against myself. I confess to posting an outright lie and it needs to be stricken from the record. Saying that you joke the same way as I do was a malevolent insult and I do apologize and pray tell it didn't cause unbearable mental anguish. I will be truthful, more or less, from now, with no further bald faced lies and will continue to enjoy your jokes and laugh my butt off with every one. May the jury have mercy.

Grunge Fashion.png

What can I say? Enjoy your strip-search! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

They've got an incredibly rare and very welcome liberal attitude towards content which is probably the reason their platform is still with us. Their approach limits their commercial appeal massively and undoubtedly there has been a lot of pressure to be more restrictive to appease investors, advertisers etc. This is an approach that has not been taken and to their credit this is undoubtedly the correct decision as far as keeping SL going.

Personally, I think this is a good outlook to have in life as well.

• Like 5

On 9/9/2023 at 12:43 PM, Marigold Devin said:

That google map is dated April 2022.  The lights are off in the building. Sansar was sold and should not be using that address. The handicap sign is for an entrance to another business LightStep on Green St.  SL is almost entirely remote workers now.   The SL flag is missing.  Only flag out on the building is for LightStep.

Not sure why LL keeps the lease to part of that building, considering SF business rents.  I heard some of the few LL locals have a conference meetings there.  I don't think LL employees actually work there anymore, unless that has changed this year.

The LL Atlanta GA suburbia location for SL seems to be more used now.  Cheaper too, and more real trees.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
Corrected LightSpeed to LightStep
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's not doxxing, it's disinformation. The main lab for Linden Labs is concealed underground in Antarctica where there's a paper sign taped in the window that says "Linden Labs." Wipe the snow off your goggles and you'll see it. The other labs, those dark side moonbases, is where they cohort with good aliens, like the ones at Area 51, not like those ones in the Caribbean who wave their tentacles around and spread alien conspiracy theories. That's another good thing about Linden Labs. They don't use an alien agenda and their crop circles are well designed and more intricate.

Triangle.png.419c2971eda3720e2147b9002ffc7f57.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

. The other labs, those dark side moonbases, is where they cohort with good aliens, like the ones at Area 51,

You're on to something Cirleen.

Read and watch carefully, I will only post this once.
I checked a photo I took from the gates of Area 51, a place that  I don't know, never visited and where I never met strange looking people or saw weird vehicles.

gvYWYVC.jpg

There is a chance that special forces, whom I don't know either, will remove this post soon, so read quick and memorize it's content immediately.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I  think we sing about that in church!

"As it wasn't in the beginning,

It has never been and never shall be!

No world at all.

Hey, man!"

That's another thing I love about SL, SL DJ's play that song every day. But it's not a church song, that's a Rastafarian song, it ends with "Don't worry, be happy." The idea was inspired by sleeping on a rock.

ScreenShot2023-09-11at7_59_28AM.thumb.png.f901b366d0f01cad5bd3d0917fa2de0f.png

Sleeping on a square pillow would be far more comfortable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

That google map is dated April 2022.  The lights are off in the building. Sansar was sold and should not be using that address. The handicap sign is for an entrance to another business LightStep on Green St.  SL is almost entirely remote workers now.   The SL flag is missing.  Only flag out on the building is for LightStep.

Not sure why LL keeps the lease to part of that building, considering SF business rents.  I heard some of the few LL locals have a conference meetings there.  I don't think LL employees actually work there anymore, unless that has changed this year.

The LL Atlanta GA suburbia location for SL seems to be more used now.  Cheaper too, and more real trees.

They are still in SF.

LINDEN LAB HEADQUARTERS

548 Market St, PMB 59201
San Francisco, CA 94104-5401 US
Phone: +1 (415) 243-9000
Fax: 415.520.5691

© 2023 Linden Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved

https://lindenlab.com/contact

image.png.aada40383ce03ea48b6b765774d1b471.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I'm just adding that in April 2022 many employees were probably working remotely, and we don't know what day of the week or what time of the day those pictures were taken. Judging from the sparse traffic and few people on the street, it was probably not at the height of normal business hours.

• Like 3

SL is arguably the best, and longest surviving 3d virtual world. It's not perfect, but it's run well as evidenced by its survival. Hopefully it will last for a long time. SL is likely to become health therapy for the aging generation that grew up with it. I think Linden Lab's Battery Street building in San Francisco is a valid & historic tourist destination, even just to walk by the building. They don't let anyone in the secret room at Mount Rushmore, so what's the difference? Would you rather go hiking in the woods in South Dakota or shopping in San Francisco? SL is a futuristic trendsetter and there is no Second Life monument yet, so I think it's a valid shopping, I mean tourist destination. I really enjoyed visiting there and it's something I like about SL.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.