Little embarrassed asking this...

Clarke Millar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you plan on buying/using adult furniture I've seen lots of things that say they work with The p and Aeros which means the furniture includes a system that will automatically control your attachment. Which may influence your decision on what attachment to buy

If you go to the ASA Studios store, they have a display room where a lot of furniture is on sale that is compatible with The P. Interestingly, The P is not on sale at this in-world store, you need to buy it on the marketplace, but they do have a demo there and you can try it out with the furniture that is on display.

Over time, I think that less and less furniture will be compatible with Aeros, as new furniture makers can no longer obtain the script. I have noticed some existing makers dropping support for it too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

If you go to the ASA Studios store, they have a display room where a lot of furniture is on sale that is compatible with The P. Interestingly, The P is not on sale at this in-world store, you need to buy it on the marketplace, but they do have a demo there and you can try it out with the furniture that is on display.

Over time, I think that less and less furniture will be compatible with Aeros, as new furniture makers can no longer obtain the script. I have noticed some existing makers dropping support for it too.

I think they closed their store, maybe last summer.. I remember seeing a thread somewhere in the forums asking about the Aeros and  people saying they closed..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you plan on buying/using adult furniture I've seen lots of things that say they work with The p and Aeros which means the furniture includes a system that will automatically control your attachment. Which may influence your decision on what attachment to buy

Concerning Aeros ... the creator of it has left the building for quiet a while. No updates or new features to be expected from that side. It's a bit like LAQ heads, where the creator to has left SL for whatever reasons: store is still there, still sells heads but don't expect any updates, even fixes or new features for the near future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think they closed their store, maybe last summer.. I remember seeing a thread somewhere in the forums asking about the Aeros and  people saying they closed..

Aeros actually put their products back on the marketplace a little while ago after disappearing for a while. But without pictures or names and with no support to be provided. I don't know what the story is behind it, I would not like to speculate on here, not really fair to do that.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 4:35 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Stores like "Indecent Affairs" support both the "P" and the "V", and also include support for the INM/IINAM system as well, which also supports "P" and "V".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Aeros actually put their products back on the marketplace a little while ago after disappearing for a while. But without pictures or names and with no support to be provided. I don't know what the story is behind it, I would not like to speculate on here, not really fair to do that.

I am so glad they're back on the MP. I wouldn't trade my M for the P in a million years. (Yes I demoed the P, and the M is still so much better looking, despite its age).  It's cheaper than it used to be too; IIRC the original price was L$1500, now its down to L$1000.  The M is the best one from there.

Whatever is going on with Ray, I wish him all the best. ❤️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I am so glad they're back on the MP. I wouldn't trade my M for the P in a million years. (Yes I demoed the P, and the M is still so much better looking, despite its age).  It's cheaper than it used to be too; IIRC the original price was L$1500, now its down to L$1000.  The M is the best one from there.

Whatever is going on with Ray, I wish him all the best. ❤️

Same here. The dropped a new P that functions like absolute hell and is not friendly at all, whatsoever. 

• Sad 1

On 9/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, Stephanie Misfit said:

If there are demos for the Aeros products, they might be worth trying - with the understanding that this product is currently not supported in SL.

• Like 1

Aeros still looks incredible. Magnus and Xerxes are my fave and there are particular accessories not duplicated for the P.  On the other hand, integration with furniture on the P is so much better. Bento animations made specifically for it, like the Ruckus shower, are so much better than the limited auto-angle type control.  I'm glad to have both.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 9:07 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

If there are demos for the Aeros products, they might be worth trying - with the understanding that this product is currently not supported in SL.

Currently it would seem the Aeros offerings are directed at those who have aeros experience and want a redelivery or an aeros for a new Avi.   The Aeros is as simple as a Hugsie, so not much support is really needed, but there is no group and no demos.  I am not really sure what the "save" function that is missing was, since I always saved Huds locally.  Does anyone know?  Currently you can only get a redelivery if you bought on MP.   All the items are listed, but unless you know the line,  X{S} will not mean  Xerxes{smooth}. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FaintOutline said:

Currently it would seem the Aeros offerings are directed at those who have aeros experience and want a redelivery or an aeros for a new Avi.   The Aeros is as simple as a Hugsie, so not much support is really needed, but there is no group and no demos.  I am not really sure what the "save" function that is missing was, since I always saved Huds locally.  Does anyone know?  Currently you can only get a redelivery if you bought on MP.   All the items are listed, but unless you know the line,  X{S} will not mean  Xerxes{smooth}. 

Directed... not sure there is any direction remaining. Aeros appears to have lost interest in SL.

4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Directed... not sure there is any direction remaining. Aeros appears to have lost interest in SL.

Perhaps SL has not lost interest in Aeros?  There is no way to measure interest or sales. Only Ray Silent knows --- Ray has enough interest to put the product on MP, all I know.

• Like 1

Just a note from Ray Silent:

The remote database has been disabled ... Please make copies of the item and corresponding HUD in your inventory to mimic presets functionality. Thank you for understanding! 

This does not in any way affect the functionality of the 6.1 or the Apollo beta, there is just no remote database.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 12:42 PM, FaintOutline said:

Perhaps SL has not lost interest in Aeros?  There is no way to measure interest or sales. Only Ray Silent knows --- Ray has enough interest to put the product on MP, all I know.

Several people who have left SL still have stuff up on the MP.

I'm not sure why you think SL residents interested in Aeros make a difference to the owner of Aeros who appears to be absent.

While we can't know the details of Aeros sales, we can know how well customer support works or doesn't. We can also know how quickly updates come or don't. A good example is Xcite!. First, updates stopped. Then customer support dropped off. And a couple of YEARS later the home region disappeared. BUT... the items are still on the marketplace about 7 years later. Javier Puff is still shown as a resident. But I don't know anyone who has talked to Javier in forever. As best I can tell Javier Puff has not logged in since 2016 or so. But the MP looks like an active product is being sold.

So your sentence "Ray has enough..." should have been "Ray had enough...". Have you looked at the MP lately?

image.png.5102424fee856489aa32486c00dc11e8.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.