Shot in the face with a cow...and you're to blame...you give SL a bad name

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Worst griefer attacks I ever experienced were when I was a noobie living in an apartment on Noob Island. Someone dripped "acid" into my flat from the one above, but worse than that was a d1ckhead called Donny who drove a car around my apartment. It's hilarious to look back on, but at the time it was not.

I have encountered the Second Life "police" also, on a region called Lyonet. Hilariously funny roleplay. 

Being hit in the face with cows is part of the course on the Giant Snail Racing track. And fireballs. (I have headache thinking about it.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just guessing, was it you who posted in another thread that you were listening to Bon Jovi..?

I've got Slippery When Wet playing on a loop. I have the flu, it's soothing my soul.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

Ok, the worst griefing I experienced..

Someone offered to help with creating a more detailed version of my wing tattoos. Since I couldn't find the original files and they were no-transfer, they had me stand naked in an empty dark space.

So, I went to the indicated place and stood naked, wearing just my wing tattoos. I was tired and fell asleep. 

I'm sure they just wanted to rip the texture. But anyway, they disappeared and I never heard from them again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Before Tasha had her wolf avatar she briefly lived in a sim called Digital Worlds, which had free housing. I found out later that the original group owners had left, and the remaining managers liked to grief their residents by setting their houses on fire with fire bombs. Most of the neighborhood went up in flames while I held the fire bomb in Tasha's house in Edit mode. Then I let it go too, wrote a little poem about how crappy the sim was, posted it to the group chat, and left.

792708075_DigitalWorldsonFire18-31-10.png.ef1a2fc00f4d5881743791ff72b54937.png757896526_DigitalWorldsonFire28-31-10.png.542d28f63c6f0fd406ee196f1b8427a6.png

That incident was funny and I have pictures of it, but it wasn't the worst griefing.

A couple times in Heterocera, there were attacks of giant spawing boxes with disgusting animated pictures on them rezzed on parcels in multiple regions. I ARed them, and Governace took care of them.

The most frustrating case was some objects or textures that were causing my viewer to crash when I was at ground level in Heterocera. I located the area the problem was coming from, by teleporting to different regions until I could figure out which corner of which region was the source. Grumpity Linden showed up in giraffe form and got rid of the problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:54 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

[snip]

A Poem for the Griefers at Digital Worlds

You people are crazy.
I think you all suck.
You may think I'm mean,
But I don't give a f*ck.

Your antics are annoying.
Your comments are inane.
You probably think you're smart,
But you're missing half a brain.

With little regret, 
I bid you all adieu.
Be warned you newbie folks.
This place is full of poo.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Too much redundancy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've never been the target of any direct griefer attack, but I have been at a few locations when the region suddenly got blasted with items:  lots of flying p*nises, various times with objects containing pictures of different folks (Philip, Trump, others I can't currently remember), fire, etc...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

What's the worst griefer attack you've ever experienced? 🐄💥

When Emerald viewer used my potato desktop [as one of the hundreds of pcs used] to DDoS a website. It killed my pc and I had to buy another when I couldn't afford one but had to have one for work.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

The second life police department.

I thought that was the SL JLA?

For me - it's been years but we used to get people who would rez rezzers inside of rezzers that would spam giant particle pictures of graphic violence, explicit furry art, nazis, and far-right or far-left politics. And they hit plots near me a few times almost a decade ago. When those things went up, they'd cover multiple sims around them due to the way things worked back then (I have no idea if that ever changed - but those kinds of attacks seem to be in the past).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There were two things that happened to me that had me panicking for a bit, one was when someone gave me a teddy bear which being relatively new at the time I accepted, and that allowed them to drag me across the sim against my will. I logged out and then realized if i logged back on someplace else I was free again. Another time someone took a screen shot of their Dashboard, edited the photo to look like mine and then told me that someone else had hacked my account and had sent them the picture of my dashboard. Once i figured out this "friend" was scamming me I dropped "her".

• Like 6

A club I used to go to had a griefer issue for a while.  They would shove the skybox somehow until everyone who wasn't seated fell to their deaths.  Good times!

The first one I remember was someone at a sandbox doing something so I had this chat bubble over my head that said something disgusting (I don't remember what).  I refuse to go to any random sandbox for this reason.  If I need one, the premium ones are usually empty. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

one was when someone gave me a teddy bear which being relatively new at the time I accepted, and that allowed them to drag me across the sim against my will

I had something similar...somebody on Orientation Island gave me a "gothic bling ring" :/ I clicked Wear and it rezzed a giant Mudkips that started 'humping' me with p0rn0 noises :o

Also, I went to Eridu sandbox which was privately owned but open access...some of the regulars were really hostile to noobs (I found out later because they hated people rezzing item boxes and leaving them there). One of the regulars put...err...'dog c**k' followers on me...so I was running around with floating titled dog willies prodding me in the head and thinking my avatar was ruined forever 9_9

Looking back on 2010 and 2011, it honestly feels like it was hard to get through a week on SL WITHOUT someone trying to crash a sim or disrupt an event!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.