Should I put my real-life gender in my woman avatars' profiles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I googled it 🙂and it a study has shown that men are significantly more homophobic than women. Also, some men denigrate women. Sounds like a correlation. Causation is different.

No it's not the same at all because having a sexual preference is not homophobic or transphobic. And it's not violence and any of the other garbage hurled at people to make them feel guilty. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is ironic.

I've never said I haven't been guilty of the same at times. 

The less people around me do it, the less I do it. Same goes for interrupting while another is speaking every time they say something. A thing that happens to me every freaking day.

I treat others as they treat me.

57 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

I googled it 🙂and it a study has shown that men are significantly more homophobic than women. Also, some men denigrate women. Sounds like a correlation. Causation is different.

No it's not the same at all because having a sexual preference is not homophobic or transphobic. And it's not violence and any of the other garbage hurled at people to make them feel guilty. 

This is in response to @diamond Marchant too.

I did not say that having a sexual preference makes one homophobic or transphobic at all. What I did say was that there is a reason why some men are homophobic -- it traces back to their ideas of masculinity, how they were socialized to take on the male role, and how this can be threatened if not in a heterosexual relationship.

Masculinity is generally defined in terms much more positive and worthwhile to society, while attributes of women are more likely to be denigrated or not seen to be as important. This perception is changing, getting better, and varies from country to country and locations within any country, but it is still there and affecting us greatly.

For example, what's a very common way to insult a man?  You call him a p*ssy. A woman is seen as inferior.
"You walk like a girl, you throw like a girl" you cry like a girl, you're a sissy, are you p*ssywhipped by your wife"......on and on.
To be a man means you are not like a woman and you are in charge of her.

So the men who are homophobic feel stripped of their masculinity and the superior status & control it brings if they would be relating sexually to a man. Their very identity, their idea of what it means to be a man, is jerked away from them and their response can be deadly (many gay men and transgender women are murdered in this way). This is even recognized by the law and used in court cases when such murders occur.

@Gopi Passiflora should be aware of these realities inherent in our socialization process as he could encounter some terribly hostile responses from men in 2nd life he might encounter, should his 1st life gender become known while presenting as a woman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

not wanting to have sex with the same sex is not homophobic

You bring this up a lot and so I'm wondering who is telling you this.

Of course, I agree, it is not homophobic to have a preference for your opposite gender.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How do you know that they are "doing it" with another girl and why in the world would you advertise it in local? Is it really all the time? Not once have I been hit on where I was aware that they were doing it with another girl.  I'd be interested to know where you hang out that this happens a lot so I don't go. 

I doubt you've lead such a sheltered life in SL that you didn't know there were sims with public adult furniture.  Even worse than someone chatting you up while they're in the middle of such animations is when they chat you up when you are. I had that happen while I was in a hot tub with a friend at Naked. It's hard enough trying to text the sexy-time without having to answer some random person's IMs too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I doubt you've lead such a sheltered life in SL that you didn't know there were sims with public adult furniture.  Even worse than someone chatting you up while they're in the middle of such animations is when they chat you up when you are. I had that happen while I was in a hot tub with a friend at Naked. It's hard enough trying to text the sexy-time without having to answer some random person's IMs too.

She was in a swingers club. What do you think they do there? Knit?

ETA: Why does everyone complain about people IMing them. Can't you control yourself enough to ignore it?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

ETA: Why does everyone complain about people IMing them. Can't you control yourself enough to ignore it?

the point is he is with a girl, why is he iming another girl, its just rude, that would be like texting during rl sex.

i am doing the girl a favor by letting her know he thinks so little of her thats he is already looking for his next conquest

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

the point is he is with a girl, why is he iming another girl, its just rude, that would be like texting during rl sex.

i am doing the girl a favor by letting her know he thinks so little of her thats he is already looking for his next conquest

That is also known as sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. 

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
11 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You bring up a good point -- 'swingers' does not mean the same as 'orgy' nor does it mean all agreements between couples are ignored.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Correct. Someone actually understands the content of a post

Why would Katherine suggesting that homophobia could be at play here mean that anyone who preferred the opposite gender would automatically be homophobic?  Homophobia does, after all, exist.

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You bring up a good point -- 'swingers' does not mean the same as 'orgy' nor does it mean all agreements between couples are ignored.

Does it really matter? From the last few posts from @BilliJo Aldrinit's apparent that she likes to humiliate people for her own entertainment. 

It does matter...the point being made. I don't really care what BilliJo's motives are as I'm not considering whether she is an enemy or not..I"m arguing the point.

And the point is that I don't think you understand what a swinger's club means, or what the rules should be there, yet you assume you do and you're telling everyone else how they should be.

Let this be a warning to dear Gopi -- be careful if you go to any swingers clubs in your female persona  ;0

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It was actually a swingers/group sex club so of course people will be asking if someone would like to join the group...

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I know they are doing it because its in plain sight right in front of me. Its a swingers, group s*x club.

I call them out to let the girl know, and to embarass him.

Just consider it my good deed for the day 😂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It was actually a swingers/group sex club so of course people will be asking if someone would like to join the group...

I'm sure those exist, but the one's I've heard about were just places where one couple was trying to find another couple willing to play with them.   It was not an orgy scene.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You assumed something incorrectly.

Luna what does this mean to you:

"Before I stated clearly in my profile as Kat I am male in RL, I'd get almost a daily ask from a guy to voice verify that I was a woman. It could be outright homophobia"

It means Katherine is suggesting that anyone who wants to only interact, maybe in a sexual way, with someone of the opposite sex is homophobic. Is what it means. 

When you start policing people's human right to be attracted to whoever they are attracted to is where I draw the line and call anyone who does this completely selfish and entitled. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Homophobia does, after all, exist.

Well it's nice to know there's homophobia to blame the next time it rains. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm sure those exist, but the one's I've heard about were just places where one couple was trying to find another couple willing to play with them.   It was not an orgy scene.

The ones I've been to it's always a couple looking for at least another woman.  Men don't necessarily like the thought of accidentally crossing swords and a.lot of women in SL are bi.  If it's a group thing, chances are it's one man and 2 or more women.

I've been approached a few times in this scenario.  I simply say No thank you.

I agree with Sam on this one.  Making a scene in local chat at a swinger/group sex place was rude and uncalled for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.