Should I put my real-life gender in my woman avatars' profiles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So... we know who values their investment in SL above their friendships.

Rules... few people think this through, as I previously pointed out. Did it occur to you that Abuse Reports violate the TOS & CS? There is no cut-out for Abuse Reports in the rules. Really!?!   There is the rule and there is the intent of the rule. The idea is to promote privacy not cover for bad behavior.

Also, sharing and posting per TOS and CS is only a matter of what happens or is permissible when using SL facilities.

So rules should only be applied if it suits you?  Pretty sure that's not how it works but whatever.  Justify it however you'd like.  You could have simply told your friend what was said instead of copying the chat itself.  If she's really a friend, wouldn't she just believe you? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Doesn't work 100% of the time. I've even TOLD them I've been in a RL relationship for more than 20 years and it doesn't matter to them. They will still try to talk you into slexing because they can't handle being told NO!

People don't always read profiles and they definitely don't read the whole thing.

There's always going to be a few dum dums/selfish people out there and nothing can really change that. But it never hurts to try. Shrug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

There's always going to be a few dum dums/selfish people out there and nothing can really change that. But it never hurts to try. Shrug.

I never meant people shouldn't try. I have no way of knowing how many (or how few) have read the profile, respected what was in it and moved on without me ever knowing they ever looked.

That's something else people need to stop doing. Putting words into someone else's mouth they never spoke (or typed). 

Edit: I don't mind voicing at times, just be prepared to have to repeat nearly everything you say 4 or 5 times.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've never gotten angry when asked to voice but I've had others get angry when I say I don't.   That may be why people eventually DO become angry when asked because they've had to deal with men (usually) who don't like hearing NO.

Yes they do sometimes get mad, because they (men) can't seem to wrap their head around even a single one of the dozens of valid reasons a woman—or anyone—might not wish to voice in SL.

Funny, it is the men too.

I have never had a woman ask me to voice when I am in my male avatar specifically to verify my RL sex or gender. However, before I stated clearly in my profile as Kat I am male in RL, I'd get almost a daily ask from a guy to voice verify that I was a woman.

Whether or not this somehow ties into another poster pointing out that some % of people really are using SL as a RL dating app, not sure. It could be that or outright homophobia or a result of "once bitten, twice shy". Not sure why people do use SL as a RL dating thing when there are other apps far more suited to RL relationships/hookups etc.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

So rules should only be applied if it suits you?  Pretty sure that's not how it works but whatever.  Justify it however you'd like.  You could have simply told your friend what was said instead of copying the chat itself.  If she's really a friend, wouldn't she just believe you? 

It would be interesting to find that the "don't share conversations with others" rule is another "spirit of the TOS" example, where what was REALLY intended is something like, "don't share conversations if the conversation contained personal RL information", etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Whether or not this somehow ties into another poster pointing out that some % of people really are using SL as a RL dating app, not sure. It could be that or outright homophobia or a result of "once bitten, twice shy". Not sure why people do use SL as a RL dating thing when there are other apps far more suited to RL relationships/hookups etc.

Just to be clear because I see this a lot. Just because someone wants to dance or SLEX with a member of the opposite sex in no way makes them homophobic.  

ho·mo·pho·bic

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against gay people.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Whether or not this somehow ties into another poster pointing out that some % of people really are using SL as a RL dating app, not sure. Not sure why when there are other apps far more suited to RL relationships/hookups etc.

I wouldn't call it a dating app. SL has always been (for some people) a hookup site for slex. I have no idea what those kinds of sites are called because I never visit them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I've never really felt much need to broach the topic of my RL gender with people in SL because in RP, I expect people to be different than their characters and I don't conflate anything people do IC with who they are OOC. But I recently started chatting with someone in a way that feels much more intimate than just RP and I suppose I should bring it up with her. I don't mean to deceive anyone, it's just not something I think about. I don't go into situations looking for connections that go beyond friendship. Wild how they can get thrust upon you when you don't expect it. 🤷

Yes, with those who assume the opposite of their 1st life gender their relationships will likely include sexual relationships at some point. This has been my experience knowing many transgender individuals as well as those who don't consider they are transgender but simply like to experiment with presenting as their opposite 1st life gender.  These sexual relationships affirm their chosen gender even more and is why it's so appealing.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That's something else people need to stop doing. Putting words into someone else's mouth they never spoke (or typed). 

I would love to know where I did this. Here I was thinking it was a friendly back and forth but ***** me for inputting I guess? Either way I'm done with this convo if that's where it's going to go. Peace.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I have never had a woman ask me to voice when I am in my male avatar specifically to verify my RL sex or gender. However, before I stated clearly in my profile as Kat I am male in RL, I'd get almost a daily ask from a guy to voice verify that I was a woman.

I've experienced men as being much more homophobic than women.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

I would love to know where I did this. Here I was thinking it was a friendly back and forth but ***** me for inputting I guess? Either way I'm done with this convo if that's where it's going to go. Peace.

Wow. Something you said reminded me of something I have been thinking but hadn't siad anything because of the kind of reaction I just got. 

This is what I meant by putting words into other people's mouths. They assumed what was meant and then treated their assumption(s) as fact instead of asking for clarification.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've experienced men as being much more homophobic than women.

It's how we're raised as boys/men, unfortunately. :(

Yes, the discussion of why is likely outside the scope of this thread, but it boils down to the denigration of women   :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

kind of like this?

53 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

If it was sent through email, posted on some other forum or sent some way that is not within LL's servers, LL has NO JURISDICTION AND CAN'T DO JACKCRAP ABOUT IT.

No one (especially the person you quoted) said anything anywhere about posting off-site.  We're all well aware of the ToS only applies to LL properties.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Wow. Something you said reminded me of something I have been thinking but hadn't siad anything because of the kind of reaction I just got. 

This is what I meant by putting words into other people's mouths. They assumed what was meant and then treated their assumption(s) as fact instead of asking for clarification.

That happens a lot to me too, some people respond to what they think i said (or expected me to say) and respond to that instead of what I actually wrote 😬

• Haha 1

If a guy plays 20 questions with me, depending on my mood ill shut him down, or ill give him 20 answers, all of which may or may not be true.

What kills me is why they never seem to wonder why I dont ask them any questions in return.

Dood I don’t need to ask you any questions, you are standing right in front of me with your manhood out.

And then they want to send you a d*ck picture. I’m like sure go ahead

I don’t tell them I’m making a collage out of them 😁

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, the discussion of why is likely outside the scope of this thread, but it boils down to the denigration of women   :(

I googled it 🙂and it a study has shown that men are significantly more homophobic than women. Also, some men denigrate women. Sounds like a correlation. Causation is different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I googled it 🙂and it a study has shown that men are significantly more homophobic than women. Also, some men denigrate women. Sounds like a correlation. Causation is different.

While this may be true not wanting to have sex with the same sex is not homophobic.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

While this may be true not wanting to have sex with the same sex is not homophobic.

its not homophobic to not be attracted to someone with the same genitals as you.

Of course on the other hand any self declared trans woman ( no hormones no surgery just a regular looking man) can and will denounce as transphobic any lesbian that that refuses to have sex with them.

Its not you, it really isn’t, I just don’t like your plumbing.

oh and another thing, anyone that won’t date outside their own race is liable to be denounced as racist.

😬

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.