LaraX?

Rowan Amore
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was in a store recently that had a big board in the store. Vote for the body you use. This was interesting since Maitreya had such a huge lead over Reborn. In mesh body statistics by bots, it is closer.

So it depends where people shop. I do not use squishy and pushy stuff, like Waifu, Juicy and all that. Or bikinis that look like dental floss.

That store who had 6000 votes for Maitreya and 2000 for Reborn, should absolutely make both 5.3 and LaraX sizes, to keep Maitreya diehards as customers. I do not think many Waifu and Juicy rolls lovers will use LaraX. But 5.3 users will gradually change to LaraX.

No, when stores like Erratic, COCO and ISON rig for LaraX, it will be a great time to shop. (I bought the first pack of ISON sweaters)

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

About as good as campaign against the alpha cuts and "pure bom for everyone" by other two people did. And now LaraX has even more alpha cuts than the previous one, while two non alpha cuts bodies are: 1 - dead for a year (slink), 2 - dying (kupra). BoM purists are in shambles, probably.

If you're talking about me, I never said that the alpha cuts would go away, only that they could. Personally, I basically never (intentionally) use alpha cut huds even if the body is set up for them.

Now tell us how many onion layers the Maitreya and Reborn bodies now have in their default configurations.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The POINT is...

Male clothing stores, that I have never bought from, don't send me group messages/notices saying that they don't support Real-Lara, and therefore *I* should convert to gianni/jake and buy their stuff which is useless to me.

But a number of female clothing creators, have basically done exactly that. "real lara is dead and soon to be buried, convert or die, buy my stuff that doesn't fit the body you use".

When I get notices from creators with whom I have spent 10's of thousands of L$, thanking me for my loyal support, and then telling me that as of LardX Day, they are dropping support for the Grids most popular body,  that is literally USELESS to me, and how they are looking forward to me spending many more 10's of thousands of L$ on clothes I can't wear, for a body I don't use, that is far from the Grids most popular, that is rude as hell. 

That reeks of entitlement. "I am an Artiste! Support me!"

@Salt Peppermint complains about "condescending" comments from NEW non-customers, instead of kindness, but most of the condescending remarks I've seen, both inworld and RIGHT here in this thread are from Creators and their fangirls, telling me I should convert to LardX because "it's easier for the creators".

Not because it's "better for me" but "better for them". Better for creators isn't the customers job, the customers job is buy things they like. That's it. Creators who say they welcome polite feedback, who after anouncing they are converting to LardX-Only, respond to feedback, politely given, to the effect that "LardX-Only doesn't fit me, so I won't buy it" with anger, entitlement, and yes condescending insults.

Not one single person, poster nor creator has insisted YOU buy anything you don't want to buy. Nor use anything you don't want to use. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but from my observance you're the one who's been throwing what appears to be a toddler-style tantrum over YOUR intense dislike for LaraX. For days now.

Okay. We get it. You hate it. However, let me reiterate, I haven't seen a single person "telling you you should convert". Not one. How YOU interpret posts is on you. No one else.

Edited by Shiloh Lyric
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I was in a store recently that had a big board in the store. Vote for the body you use. This was interesting since Maitreya had such a huge lead over Reborn. In mesh body statistics by bots, it is closer.

So it depends where people shop. I do not use squishy and pushy stuff, like Waifu, Juicy and all that. Or bikinis that look like dental floss.

That store who had 6000 votes for Maitreya and 2000 for Reborn, should absolutely make both 5.3 and LaraX sizes, to keep Maitreya diehards as customers. I do not think many Waifu and Juicy rolls lovers will use LaraX. But 5.3 users will gradually change to LaraX.

No, when stores like Erratic, COCO and ISON rig for LaraX, it will be a great time to shop. (I bought the first pack of ISON sweaters)

You can call the store by name: Meva.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just took a quick romp around my usual fashion haunts. Only saw two stores with one or two LaraX fits in their New Releases. All other stores had their New Releases rigged for 5.3 (or at least, didn't differentiate as they all said "Lara" or "Maitreya," so I'd have to demo to see).

I'm totally fine with this. Lara (and now LaraX) are my only female bodies, so I'm still purchasing for 5.3. If a store switches over to X, I'll switch over with them (thank goodness for Outfits). If not, my old body isn't going anywhere, so I'll just buy for that.

With stores giving away dozens of free outfits, shoes, and gowns for 5.3 in the Advent calendars, plus weekend sales, plus holiday sales, plus new releases, plus events, I have no need to shelf 5.3 any time soon, and nobody I shop with seems to be intent on dropping Maitreya entirely so...I'm having no issues shopping for Lara whatsoever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just for a bit of perspective.  The #1 head is still the Genus Strong.  It's free.  Hardly anyone made stuff for it for several years.  

#5 is Catya.  Those people haven't changed in years regardless of whether stores are making anything for Catwa heads or not.  The same will happen with 5.3.  People will continue to wear it for years to come.  

Wear what you want.  Buy what you want.  

#1 : Genus - Strong (Gift 001) : 31777 : 6.7% #2 : LeLutka - Avalon : 27602 : 5.8% #3 : LeLutka - Lilly : 21728 : 4.6% #4 : LeLutka - Kaya : 20552 : 4.3% #5 : Catwa - Catya : 15305 : 3.2%

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just for a bit of perspective.  The #1 head is still the Genus Strong.  It's free.  Hardly anyone made stuff for it for several years.  

#5 is Catya.  Those people haven't changed in years regardless of whether stores are making anything for Catwa heads or not.  The same will happen with 5.3.  People will continue to wear it for years to come.  

Wear what you want.  Buy what you want.  

#1 : Genus - Strong (Gift 001) : 31777 : 6.7% #2 : LeLutka - Avalon : 27602 : 5.8% #3 : LeLutka - Lilly : 21728 : 4.6% #4 : LeLutka - Kaya : 20552 : 4.3% #5 : Catwa - Catya : 15305 : 3.2%

Lilly was the gift last year wasn't it? or maybe it was 2021. I remember buying it full price and then them giving it away shortly after, exact same thing happened to me with Genus Babyface 😂 I seem to have very bad luck with that.

Have they ever given away Avalon too?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Lilly was the gift last year wasn't it? or maybe it was 2021. I remember buying it full price and then them giving it away shortly after, exact same thing happened to me with Genus Babyface 😂 I seem to have very bad luck with that.

Have they ever given away Avalon too?

Lily was the gift in 2020, then Kaya in 2021, and Raven in 2022.

Avalon has never been free, but it was the first native-EvoX head released, so tons of people leapt on it.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

How about, "The people (both of them, basically) who are pushing back hardest against LaraX are the same ones who were pushing back hardest against Bakes-on-Mesh, and look how that worked out?"

The main thing I remember when BoM was being worked on were all the people who were predicting that it would be the end of appliers and look how that worked out.

I think it's safe to say the main takeaway about future speculation is that all sides of a position are bad at it, nobody has any real wisdom or insights as to what will actually happen.

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The main thing I remember when BoM was being worked on were all the people who were predicting that it would be the end of appliers and look how that worked out.

It kind of... um... was? They're still used for makeup on some heads but as far as skins go they're pretty much history as far as I can tell. There's no such thing as a "Reborn skin applier."

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It kind of... um... was? They're still used for makeup on some heads but as far as skins go they're pretty much history as far as I can tell. There's no such thing as a "Reborn skin applier."

All the EvoX heads significantly rely on appliers for makeups, eyebrows, features, etc very few people are making BoM for those.  Most of these appliers were developed for heads after BoM was introduced.  On the body you still need appliers for asymmetrical tattoos because even though those are possible with BoM, nobody uses it.  Materials appliers are still used for heads and bodies.  If bodies don't support appliers then they also don't have these features.

So yeah, the death of appliers  *crickets*

• Thanks 1

All the EvoX heads significantly rely on appliers for makeups, eyebrows, features, etc very few people are making BoM for those.  Most of these appliers were developed for heads after BoM was introduced.  On the body you still need appliers for asymmetrical tattoos because even though those are possible with BoM, nobody uses it.  Materials appliers are still used for heads and bodies.  If bodies don't support appliers then they also don't have these features.

There are appliers if you use HD. I personally find the HD applier system annoying and avoid it unless I really want a specific look that's only in HD. There is literally so.much. EvoX bom makeup. I'm drowning in it lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting that you didn't mention the words "skin applier" once.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

There are appliers if you use HD. I personally find the HD applier system annoying and avoid it unless I really want a specific look that's only in HD. There is literally so.much. EvoX bom makeup. I'm drowning in it lol.

Nevertheless, the vast majority of the EvoX marketplace is made up of HD appliers.  This can be observed at events and sales everywhere.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

One type of applier not being used anymore hasn't brought about the death of appliers as a whole as predicted and so has no real bearing on anything.

That's kind of like saying, "One type of petrochemical [gasoline] not being used anymore has no real bearing on the oil industry."

And who exactly was it who was predicting the "death of appliers" in the first place?

• Like 2

Considering that everyone who owns the Lara 5.3, got a free copy of the Lara X, I think it's very likely that Maitreya will continue to dominate the body market.  I like the Lara X, but I'm not going to run out and buy a new wardrobe.  I've made a Lara X naked outfit to sit in my outfits folder right next to my Lara 5.3 naked outfit and I can switch from one to the other quite easily whenever I need to for whatever clothing I want to wear.  As I acquire more items for the Lara X, I'll make new outfits, no need to rush though.  Sadly, not too many of my 5.3 clothing items have been upgraded to include the Lara X so it's going to be a long time before I start wearing the Lara X body exclusively, if ever.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That's kind of like saying, "One type of petrochemical [gasoline] not being used anymore has no real bearing on the oil industry."

And who exactly was it who was predicting the "death of appliers" in the first place?

No it really isn't.  That's a real reach on a false equivalence.

Oh and there were quite a few predicting it as I recall.

1 minute ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I actually doubt it--I really do see (and own) scads of EvoX BOM, from Velour and Izzie's and Alaskametro and Fontaine just to name a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I would say both are thriving. It may be a matter of seeing what one is looking for.

Omg Fontaine. I adore them. Their group gifts are really generous.

And yeah, I almost exclusively use EvoX BOM since I wear non-Lel EvoX heads quite a lot. BOM makeup and skin enhancers have been a lifesaver for that and there is a ton of it (thankfully).

Speaking of appliers, though, has anyone found any materials for LaraX, or do old 5.3 appliers still work for all of that? I honestly haven't played with that yet (I'm thinking of applier-based material tattoos n shines n things - like from Blaxium, Nefekalum, This Is Wrong, Alt3, etc.).

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.