LaraX?

Rowan Amore

There is no need to be rude and doing so serves no useful purpose. Creators generally respond better to polite requests and comments.

Salt & Pepper makes good quality clothing and has an amazing group Advent board. When they stopped making Freya size clothing, I didn't complain and quit the group in a huff. I understand that if this size is not selling, then it's not cost-effective to keep making clothing for it. The same will soon be true for classic Maitreya Lara. In the meantime, there are still plenty of outfits in the store for Freya and classic Maitreya Lara.

My girls all have LaraX, and I'm slowly building up LaraX sizes for them. Persephone and Alycia will continue to shop at S&P. Tasha doesn't wear much in the styles there, and there isn't much men's clothing for Evan, but that doesn't mean the clothing and other items there are useless. If nothing else, there are water interactive clothing and water guns.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The point she was making was there is no need to TELL those creators their product is useless.

Stop misquoting us for drama's sake. No one said that. There is a huge difference between "useless to me" and "useless".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

These massive overreactions to some very harmless and innocuous statements are exactly why people form the impression that there is a culture amongst creators and their fans of being far too sensitive about people who dare to question or criticise anything a creator does.  Had a good laugh about how creators have thick skins though.

5ba0809945c5cfa9e7f458db072bf851.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Stop misquoting us for drama's sake. No one said that. There is a huge difference between "useless to me" and "useless".

I guess you missed what was actually being responded to so I wasn't the one being dramatic.

8 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

there is absolutely nothing wrong with customer feedback. in fact (at least to me) it's very welcomed. it's always a matter of tone and how you phrase things. There is literally no need to be rude about it, like there is also no need to tell any creator that their things are "useless". 

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If a creator decides they will ONLY make items for bodies I do not wear, and WILL NOT make things for the bodies I DO wear, how exactly are their products "useful" to ME?

And why should I give that creator any money?

I have a female avatar, so clothing for male avatars is "useless" to ME, the term is relative, creators who only make male clothing are no use to me, I won't shop there, that isn't "rude" or an "insult" it's just a simple fact.

The same is true for creators who don't and won't support the female bodies I use.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

All, whether a creator wishes to create for LaraX & LaraX Petite, boils back to my grandmothers wisdom I posted a couple of pages ago: A "NO" is something you always have in life ... A "YES" is something you might get, depending how you are asking for it.

I always heard it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.. hehehe

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The point she was making was there is no need to TELL those creators their product is useless.  Of course any store selling exclusively male clothing is useless to me but would I (or you) bother telling them? 

The POINT is...

Male clothing stores, that I have never bought from, don't send me group messages/notices saying that they don't support Real-Lara, and therefore *I* should convert to gianni/jake and buy their stuff which is useless to me.

But a number of female clothing creators, have basically done exactly that. "real lara is dead and soon to be buried, convert or die, buy my stuff that doesn't fit the body you use".

When I get notices from creators with whom I have spent 10's of thousands of L$, thanking me for my loyal support, and then telling me that as of LardX Day, they are dropping support for the Grids most popular body,  that is literally USELESS to me, and how they are looking forward to me spending many more 10's of thousands of L$ on clothes I can't wear, for a body I don't use, that is far from the Grids most popular, that is rude as hell. 

That reeks of entitlement. "I am an Artiste! Support me!"

@Salt Peppermint complains about "condescending" comments from NEW non-customers, instead of kindness, but most of the condescending remarks I've seen, both inworld and RIGHT here in this thread are from Creators and their fangirls, telling me I should convert to LardX because "it's easier for the creators".

Not because it's "better for me" but "better for them". Better for creators isn't the customers job, the customers job is buy things they like. That's it. Creators who say they welcome polite feedback, who after anouncing they are converting to LardX-Only, respond to feedback, politely given, to the effect that "LardX-Only doesn't fit me, so I won't buy it" with anger, entitlement, and yes condescending insults.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Salt & Pepper makes good quality clothing and has an amazing group Advent board

I'm aware of that. This year I haven't bothered with the Advent. 

When they stopped making Freya size clothing, I didn't complain and quit the group in a huff. I understand that if this size is not selling, then it's not cost-effective to keep making clothing for it

Neither did I, but then as you say, Freya was FAR from the top selling range.

Real-Lara however, IS the top body on the grid, It strikes me as weird to support the FailX bodies, of which there are only about 1200 in circulation, and NOT support Real-Lara which make up over 30% of all mesh bodies in use.

The same will soon be true for classic Maitreya Lara. In the meantime

I'm sure you'd like that to be true.

This isn't "discontinuing a size nobody wears any more" but deliberately trying to kill it off, in favour of an inferior product, because "it's easier for creators", and demanding we all follow the 5 Year Plan to make us buy everything again.

• Like 2

Again, missing the point.  There is a better way besides telling a creator that their items are useless as I've previously mentioned but do go on.  It's entertaining.  😁

17 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

But a number of female clothing creators, have basically done exactly that. "real lara is dead and soon to be buried, convert or die, buy my stuff that doesn't fit the body you use".

Now that's hyperbole.  I've had quite a few say they're rigging for LaraX from now on.  How is that telling anyone to convert or die?  How is that telling you to buy stuff that doesn't fit?  You simply won't purchase from them in the future...obviously.  They know that not everyone will switch over and are ok with that.  Quite a few places still don't make Reborn sizes.   Mimikri being one that I used to love.  Still do.  Yep, her stuff is useless to me but...she already knows that.

What I wouldn't do is TELL them their stuff is useless.  Why would you?  Their sales will either reflect that over time and they begin including for 5.3 again or they won't.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Real-Lara however, IS the top body on the grid, It strikes me as weird to support the FailX bodies, of which there are only about 1200 in circulation, and NOT support Real-Lara which make up over 30% of all mesh bodies in use.

What is it that you don't understand ... The current LaraX is now the Real Lara body. It's an evolution of the previous version, after all the years that people were complaining about certain aspects of the "REAL LARA". They are adressed, fixed, solved or name it what you wanna call it. But do keep in mind that there have to concessions been made like with everything in life. You can't install a hood/bonnet of a VW Golf 3rd generation on a VW Golf 4th generation and vice versa, but everybody called both models a real VW Golf.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I can't imagine why creators aren't in a hurry to engage with your criticisms or requests, reasonable or otherwise. . .

You misunderstand.

I don't engage with the merchants, I've already seen how people get treated for daring to ask if existing clothing will be updated for the new body, or if new clothing will be made for the old body.

There is no point in engaging with the merchants who join the LardX cult, all one can do is shop elsewhere.

I'm not the only one saying it, but apparently it's "wrong" to say :

"If you don't make clothes for the body I wear,

I have no reason to shop in your store."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

that's perfectly fine! Not a single person has disagreed to that.

It was either in this thread or the share thread, I can't remember. But  me and another were going on about your interactive bikinis.. 

Is there any chance of those coming in the future for the new body?

I love your interactive things.:)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It was either in this thread or the share thread, I can't remember. But  me and another were going on about your interactive bikinis.. 

Is there any chance of those coming in the future for the new body?

I love your interactive things.:)

happy you enjoy them!

new interactive ones will be coming a little more towards spring and yes absolutely in LaraX and PetiteX sizes ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Almost a month in and the bots that must not be named show less than 10% transitioned to the replacement. And that is after they had all the Black Friday sales to grab a new wardrobe.

Draw your own conclusions.

How about, "The people (both of them, basically) who are pushing back hardest against LaraX are the same ones who were pushing back hardest against Bakes-on-Mesh, and look how that worked out?"

Oh, and "almost a month?" It's been eighteen Earth days. Is the weather nice on your planet?

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Almost a month in and the bots that must not be named show less than 10% transitioned to the replacement. And that is after they had all the Black Friday sales to grab a new wardrobe.

I was very interested in Black Friday, I even made a thread about it. But it was nothing for LaraX in the stores I went to. The first LaraX stuff I saw in Fameshed and Santa Inc. All at full prices. Santa Inc opened Dec 1st.

So it wasn't possible to 'get a wardrobe' for LaraX in the Black Friday sales. I am not surprised that few have changed to LaraX. How many people know about it, how many that got a redelivery, how many tried it on and do not wear it because they have only 5.3 clothes, or because they did not like the changes. Many possibilities.

It is some for LaraX in the weekend sales already, I shopped from Meva and some other places. People will find out and be curious whan they see LaraX included when they shop.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words
  • Like 4

I'm sure I can't be alone in significantly reigning in SL spending at this time of year for obvious reasons.

I'll look into a LaraX wardrobe in 2024, right now I'm not even considering it and probably won't start spending until I start seeing LaraX content show up in weekend sales as well. I do pay full price for certain things I really like but really like many the bulk of my spending is in weekend sales for years now.

It's just not the right time of year to get people spending money on themselves and certainly not on digital goods like SL content imo.

If 10% of users have switched that seems surprisingly high to me!

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'm sure I can't be alone in significantly reigning in SL spending at this time of year for obvious reasons.

I'll look into a LaraX wardrobe in 2024, right now I'm not even considering it and probably won't start spending until I start seeing LaraX content show up in weekend sales as well. I do pay full price for certain things I really like but really like many the bulk of my spending is in weekend sales for years now.

It's just not the right time of year to get people spending money on themselves and certainly not on digital goods like SL content imo.

If 10% of users have switched that seems surprisingly high to me!

I do not even have time for SL now, I only look for good offers in Seraphimsl and log in to shop and pay rent. I will only buy things with LaraX included. Unless they can be used with LaraX, and I really want it.

I mostly bought capes, cloaks and such stuff for Black Friday. And some special costumes that fit with an alpha layer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

How about, "The people (both of them, basically) who are pushing back hardest against LaraX are the same ones who were pushing back hardest against Bakes-on-Mesh, and look how that worked out?"

About as good as campaign against the alpha cuts and "pure bom for everyone" by other two people did. And now LaraX has even more alpha cuts than the previous one, while two non alpha cuts bodies are: 1 - dead for a year (slink), 2 - dying (kupra). BoM purists are in shambles, probably.

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So it wasn't possible to 'get a wardrobe' for LaraX in the Black Friday sales. I am not surprised that few have changed to LaraX. How many people know about it, how many that got a redelivery, how many that tried it on and do not wear it because they have only 5.3 clothes. Many possibilities.

People who want new things and yet don't want to get a bit more thick will swap eventually. I don't see yet another body trying to squeeze into the market now. That said a few people I know who still were using maitreya used an opportunity that is "going to lose my entire wardrobe anyway/need to change between the bodies based on the outfit" and swapped to reborn and legacy bodies instead. Small sample size, obviously, but I think there's not a single person I know a bit closer who would still be using maitreya as their main body anymore, while in 2015-2018 it was nearly 100%.

6 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

LindeX has the market data and it shows pretty normal numbers of daily operations, with notable spikes around black friday sales and one more for the December 1st (people restocking some L$ after using it all on sales perhaps?). So business as usual in that regard. Many don't celebrate any gift giving holidays after all.

• Like 1

My conclusion is that based on my taste in clothing, there are very few items of a basic wardrobe available or that I like enough to buy ... yet. What I have found, maybe 7–8 outfits are great, and are varied and quality enough that I have made the transition to my X body full time. The rest of the outfits I don't like at all, and that's fine, they just aren't my style.

What I do know is that more and more of my favourite stores have indicated they will be moving to Lara X and Petite X and have started that ball rolling, so I am expecting in the next few months to be easily able to transition to a much fuller wardrobe.

I'm also being far more picky with my Lindens and replacing/rebuying only what I consider my favourite outfits and styles. Rather than have 100 casual outfits I never wear, I'll instead have a smaller collection of 15-20 that I adore. If that takes time? All okay.

As more and more clothes from the major places comes in X sizing, you'll see more changing to the new body.

The other benefit I've seen with X? Far more Petite X clothing is being rigged than the old Petite size. That alone is worth the transition for many of us who run more slender bodies.

• Like 8