LaraX?

Rowan Amore
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/2/2023 at 5:55 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This question has probably been answered already, but this thread is now 50 pages long, so I'm not going through it all to try finding the answer:

I know that much of my Lara Classic stuff won't work with LaraX unless I get lucky on alphas.  So.. what about the reverse:  How likely is it that I can make LaraX clothes work on Lara Classic?  

Some rigged will fit remarkable well, for example Vision's Mell set, but you will get weird fits, gap around the breast.

Else biggest problem is pelvis sticking out and typical parts of hips and shoulders, upper arms.

Pants, underwear will have a gap behind and in front disappear into lower pelvis.

It normally would make no sense to dress previous Lara with LaraX rigged clothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

Some rigged will fit remarkable well, for example Vision's Mell set, but you will get weird fits, gap around the breast.

Else biggest problem is pelvis sticking out and typical parts of hips and shoulders, upper arms.

Pants, underwear will have a gap behind and in front disappear into lower pelvis.

It normally would make no sense to dress previous Lara with LaraX rigged clothing.

This gives me an idea.. I'm gonna see if some of my loose fit shorts will fit.. I have some in low and  higher waist..

My hunt for jean shorts would be over.. hehehe

ETA: Ya, That didn't go so well.. the front was fine, but that pow pow butt just ate them shorts for dinner.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

I never picked up Lara on my main avatar, but i'd consider this if it gained enough traction since Belleza clearly is not lol. As much as I love Reborn, I am dreadfully tired of the overly large rear. I am not looking for a small rear, but if I can get away from it being THAT big even on 0, i'm good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My only concern at this point really is that autohide stuff for LaraX is in order. 'Cause... shh ;)

(but no, really, some days I just like to slip into designated Adult sims where I can drop stuff at will, and walk around in my best suit without messing with the body hud so I need autohide to work for me lol)

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 10:19 AM, Marianne Little said:

I have heard that creators complain about the rigging. The information we got now, was that the rigging ifor LaraX s changed, so it is easier to rig for.

I can understand that. And if the difference is really big, maybe many creators will drop Lara.

Maybe a creator with the new dev kit can comment on the rigging? Is it much better now?

@Salt Peppermintyou are a creator?

the previous kit was great and easy to work with already. What many creators seemed to have trouble to understand is that it was not an issue of the kit before that made things difficult, it was the body itself . the issues we faced were not because of some flaws in the kit. It was the weight distribution and to eb excat the amount of influences per bone on the body itself and that is something that has been fixed for LaraX (and the reason for some of the previous clothes not working on the new body). So now some might feel it's techinally easier because there is less trial and error. The new kit comes with its own pro and cons but the weights are definitely smooth and easy to transfer, so that bottom line it is easier to get a better fit. (just for different reasons)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

On 12/2/2023 at 8:19 AM, Anna Nova said:

I encourage you to get tough with the Creators too, they want our money, they have to suit US.

I would encourage everyone to rather be kind than "get tough" with the creators. cause honestly, they do not have to suit anybody. the amount of bodies and mods dropping left and right on top of arrogance and entitlement that is brought to us creators on daily bases, makes it more than hard to find the joy in creating. most creators actually use SL for their hobby, and their creative outlet. 

Being supportive, encouraging and motivating to creators , does way more than "getting tough" on them. 

For many daily life on its own is tough enough, there is literally no need to add "extra toughness" to it. By doing that you will mostlikely ensure to not get what you might have originally wished for. Kindness is free and a choice. 

Edited by Salt Peppermint
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, Salt Peppermint said:

I would encourage everyone to rather be kind than "get tough" with the creators. cause honestly, they do not have to suit anybody. the amount of bodies and mods dropping left and right on top of arrongace and entitlement that is brought to us creators on daily bases, makes it more than hard to find the joy in creating. most creators actually use SL for their hobby, and their creative outlet. 

Being supportive, encouraging and motivating to creators , does way more than "getting tough" on them. 

For many daily life on its own is tough enough, there is literally no need to add "extra toughness" to it. By doing that you will mostlikely ensure to not get what you might have originally wished for. Kindness is free and a choice. 

I wish I could like this comment a dozen or so times!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

I would encourage everyone to rather be kind than "get tough" with the creators. cause honestly, they do not have to suit anybody. the amount of bodies and mods dropping left and right on top of arrogance and entitlement that is brought to us creators on daily bases, makes it more than hard to find the joy in creating. most creators actually use SL for their hobby, and their creative outlet. 

That's what I do.

Recently I wanted to thank the Mighty Gingko via notecard about the Bladencat Hume anthro cat body. I didn't realize she left SL earlier this year due to some differences of opinion with some stuck up rando over LGBT issues. Sucked... I wanted to buy the body again to gift an alt with it. :(

Edited by JeromFranzic
'Clean up on aisle 9... heh'
  • Like 2

So you all think I should buy things to help the poor creators, even if I have no use for them (for bodies I don't want to own)?  Or if they contain technology, like V4 autohide, that actually makes the item unusable?  Or perhaps because they have a history of leaving their customers in the lurch, like a certain body creator?

Not gonna happen.

If you want me to buy it (that is spend my SL allowance on it) then it has to suit me.  And that is all I said.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

So you all think I should buy things to help the poor creators, even if I have no use for them (for bodies I don't want to own)?  Or if they contain technology, like V4 autohide, that actually makes the item unusable?  Or perhaps because they have a history of leaving their customers in the lurch, like a certain body creator?

Not gonna happen.

If you want me to buy it (that is spend my SL allowance on it) then it has to suit me.  And that is all I said.

I think you don't have to buy a thing that doesn't suit you. And while not buying, at the same time you could have chosen to be kind instead of condescending.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

People don't complain because they wanna go tough with someone (well most anyways). People complain to be heard. And while I can simply speak with my wallet leaving LaraX creators on the dry I can also tell them I won't buy stuff that's useless to me. What creators then do with that info is up to them. It's called customer feedback and I am yet again surprised how many SL creators are completely alien to this idea taking it for.an insult.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

there is absolutely nothing wrong with customer feedback. in fact (at least to me) it's very welcomed. it's always a matter of tone and how you phrase things. There is literally no need to be rude about it, like there is also no need to tell any creator that their things are "useless". 

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

... I am yet again surprised how many SL creators are completely alien to this idea taking it for.an insult.

Creators are not "alien" to this idea. We face "feeback" in rude and entitled ways on daily bases . Yes, it is part of a creators life, and yes creators also need to grow a thick skin. But again, nothing of that justifies such behaviour imho.

• Like 17

On 11/21/2023 at 8:55 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Regarding redelivery terminals, is it possible to bookmark the Caspertech redelivery page you are directed to?

No, it is not. The link expires. Your can however get the free Caspervend pack and use the redelivery terminal from that for your personal use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

People don't complain because they wanna go tough with someone (well most anyways). People complain to be heard. And while I can simply speak with my wallet leaving LaraX creators on the dry I can also tell them I won't buy stuff that's useless to me. What creators then do with that info is up to them. It's called customer feedback and I am yet again surprised how many SL creators are completely alien to this idea taking it for.an insult.

I once had a friend who was... Let's just say we were at a mutual friend's house and their mother offered J some coffee. J's reply? "I wouldn't pollute my body that way."

Interestingly enough, J frequently complained about how other people were rude to her. Might have been a reason for that...

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Not gonna happen.

Back when Maitreya released the Petite add-on for 5.x I contacted several of my favorite creators. I explained that I loved their clothing creations and that since I'd made the switch to the Petite, I hoped they would start making Petite sizes as I would only be buying petite from then onward. I wasn't rude. I didn't get tough with them. I let me desires be known. I had mixed results from those messages. Many said they were on the fence about adding another size but would think about it, while some said it was already their plan to add the petite size to their products. I responded to those who replied negatively that I understood and would miss their clothing. Again, I respected their decision to do what was best for their business model.

As a creator myself, I love feedback from my customers. Many times I am able to accommodate their desires but sometimes it's simply not within my skillset or time constraints to provide what they would like. I can't remember though the last time I had a rude response from a customer. But listening in on a variety of group chats, I am shocked at some of the comments made by some who simply have no idea what it takes to create something and have unrealistic expectations and as a consequence bad mouth creators for what I consider very poor reasons. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with these kinds of customers in my business.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Not gonna happen.

How will those poor creators improve if we don't encourage them?!?

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How will those poor creators improve if we don't encourage them?!?

Not at all. it's survival of the fittest - after all "it's a jungle out there" friend lion 🐱 *Meow*

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

I think you don't have to buy a thing that doesn't suit you. And while not buying, at the same time you could have chosen to be kind instead of condescending.

Could be.  I tend to be a 'shoot from the hip' kinda gal.  Sorry.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Salt Peppermint said:

there is absolutely nothing wrong with customer feedback. in fact (at least to me) it's very welcomed. it's always a matter of tone and how you phrase things. There is literally no need to be rude about it, like there is also no need to tell any creator that their things are "useless". 

Creators are not "alien" to this idea. We face "feeback" in rude and entitled ways on daily bases . Yes, it is part of a creators life, and yes creators also need to grow a thick skin. But again, nothing of that justifies such behaviour imho.

It's often how a customer approaches the creator that makes a huge difference.  

When I wore Maitreya, I purchased almost everything one creator made.  She didn't make a lot and was rarely in any events.  Her items were somewhat niche.  When I switched to Reborn, her clothing was some that I missed wearing the most.  

About a year ago, I sent her a nice notecard telling her basically what I've just said and asked if she had any plans to add Reborn sizes.  At that time, she said she didn't.  I told her I was sad but understood.  I told her I still loved her clothing and thanked her for her time in responding to me.

About 3 or 4 months ago, she made her first outfit for Reborn with a couple more since.   I sent her another note thanking her.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

There is literally no need to be rude about it, like there is also no need to tell any creator that their things are "useless"

If a creator decides they will ONLY make items for bodies I do not wear, and WILL NOT make things for the bodies I DO wear, how exactly are their products "useful" to ME?

And why should I give that creator any money?

I have a female avatar, so clothing for male avatars is "useless" to ME, the term is relative, creators who only make male clothing are no use to me, I won't shop there, that isn't "rude" or an "insult" it's just a simple fact.

The same is true for creators who don't and won't support the female bodies I use.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Ah well. I suppose it does make more sense to the merchant to have customers come to the store for a link.

You don't need to go to that store, any Caspervend vendour will have the option to redeliver anything in the system - you don't even need the redelivery terminal. Quite similar while you need a terminal for MD or BeJamble vendours you can use any store's terminal for any other store's redelivery in the system.

Provided the delivery box for the item is working that is, of course.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If a creator decides they will ONLY make items for bodies I do not wear, and WILL NOT make things for the bodies I DO wear, how exactly are their products "useful" to ME?

I have a female avatar, so clothing for male avatars is "useless" to ME, the term is relative, creators who only make male clothing are no use to me, I won't shop there, that isn't "rude" or an "insult" it's just a simple fact.

The same is true for creators who don't and won't support the female bodies I use.

The point she was making was there is no need to TELL those creators their product is useless.  Of course any store selling exclusively male clothing is useless to me but would I (or you) bother telling them?  That's the part that would be rude.

When I asked the creator if she planned on adding Reborn, I certainly didn't tell her. "Your stuff is now useless to me!".   I imagine if I had, she would have been even less likely to add it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No one at any point said you should buy things that are useless to you and that are not for your body or “ give them your money” period. 
telling a creator literally what they made is”useless” is a totally different thing . 

I am pretty sure I made myself clear by now and most luckily understood . Of course there will always be different opinions and such that see nothing wrong in telling a creator (or any person for that matter) that what they made is “useless”. At this point I am bowing out of this discussion . 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.