LaraX?

Rowan Amore

It's not only BB using the older script, I've been fiddling with my favourite capris this morning (VJERA from amias) and found they also use the old v4 script. Lots of brands seem to be using the v4.

Odd thing, the amias capris say they are moddable, and I can find the hidden root prim and apparently remove the old v4 script, but can not drop the v5 script onto them. Weird.

@Vanity Fair ... I haven't bought anything yet, but have only managed to find about 6–7 demos I liked the look of to try out. Hoping Maitreya gets her Biker jeans out soon (next?) so I can at least get a jeans/top outfit done. You can only walk around in bra/panties for so long before someone complains :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Probably, merchants don't upgrade to v5 Autohide, because they would ACTUALLY have to GO to Maitreya and collect the free autohide kit off the wall next to the body vendor, and then change their workflow, edit their template "root prim with scripts in" that they link to all their meshes etc.

Basically, to avoid spending 10 mins updating their production line, so their new content would be Real Lara 5.x compatible.

Yup, that is really annoying... with brands that do mod items, at least we can fix it ourselves... but... when you consider, it takes me a few minutes to fix my item... it takes the creator the same amount of time + a little bit more to repackage it in a box and setup a redelivery... so... let's use some fake numbers, if it takes me 5 mins to fix my mod item, and it takes the creator 10mins to fix and update vendors etc. Having 3 customers for that specific item, gives a net gain of 5 minutes fixing time saved... 100 customers? That's nearly 500 minutes of fixing time saved...

Edited by Kplh
typos
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Odd thing, the amias capris say they are moddable, and I can find the hidden root prim and apparently remove the old v4 script, but can not drop the v5 script onto them. Weird.

Rezz it on the ground before dropping the script in. That's how it works with no-mod scripts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Rezz it on the ground before dropping the script in. That's how it works with no-mod scripts.

I did. It's how I was able to find the small hidden square root prim inside the pants. No joy. It's weird I can remove a script but not add one. (And yes, the v5 script from Maitreya shows owned by me and has full permissions.)

Wait, when you say drop "it" on the ground first, do you mean the script itself?

On 11/22/2023 at 3:19 PM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Maybe they decided that Not-Lara-Anymore LardButtX with added panel beater back dents, was going to be an unmitigated fuster-cluck, and decided to stick with Real-Lara.

Reborn and Legacy I expect.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

It's not only BB using the older script, I've been fiddling with my favourite capris this morning (VJERA from amias) and found they also use the old v4 script. Lots of brands seem to be using the v4.

@Vanity Fair ... I haven't bought anything yet, but have only managed to find about 6–7 demos I liked the look of to try out. Hoping Maitreya gets her Biker jeans out soon (next?) so I can at least get a jeans/top outfit done. You can only walk around in bra/panties for so long before someone complains :)

You cannot drop a no mod item into the contents of a WORN attachment, you have to rez it on the ground/build platform FIRST.

When following the instructions I posted earlier, instead of adding the clothing, rez it, THEN add the v5 script from the free kit, this is also a good time to edit the item name, by adding say "AH5" to the end so you can tell which version is original, and which is your new v5 version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:34 PM, Cougar Sangria said:

Reading some of the comments...

Over in Maitreya Discord, a comment was made about the dimples...that will be addressed in an update... I don't know when, though.  I have no issue with it, as my skin is darker.  It seems to be more pronounced with light skin tones with little to no shading.

Maitreya Vintage Jeans...Has been updated to LaraX. If you have these, hit the redelivery button at the store.

Dead Doll has updated a sweater at Equal 10 and a pair of shorts at Anthem events to include LaraX size.  If you have purchased these, hit the redelivery button at the store.

All Maitreya Items in store are to be updated.  No date has been announced.

This is an edit to my former post...

All "Maitreya items" in the "Maitreya store" will be updated. No date has been announced. I own just about every single item in the store, lol. That said, I have no idea if the updates will be free. I don't expect it, and no one else should either.  I am grateful to the creators/designers that I frequent who will continue to design for LaraX.  I will also continue to wear my Lara 5.3.  No plans to shelf her at this time or in the future.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

All "Maitreya items" in the "Maitreya store" will be updated. No date has been announced. I own just about every single item in the store, lol. That said, I have no idea if the updates will be free.

I'm not speaking for Maitreya, but in all the years I've shopped at Maitreya, I've never seen her charge for an update. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

This is an edit to my former post...

All "Maitreya items" in the "Maitreya store" will be updated. No date has been announced. I own just about every single item in the store, lol. That said, I have no idea if the updates will be free. I don't expect it, and no one else should either.  I am grateful to the creators/designers that I frequent who will continue to design for LaraX.  I will also continue to wear my Lara 5.3.  No plans to shelf her at this time or in the future.

The Vintage jeans are updated and are not a new item. Everything else in the store has a sign saying it will be updated to include Lara X sizing. When an item you've bought is updated, just redeliver it.

I'm waiting for the Skinny Zipper Jeans.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Have now bought a nice outfit (vee-neck knit sweater and leather pants, both updated with X size) from ISON at Dubai, new necklace from Ysoral (and it falls perfectly over the clavicles of X), and a new sweater/dress number (Lilleth?) also at an event.

Everything else I've demoed didn't suit my style, but more coming every day. Waiting for erratic and Glitzz, among many others. I'm worried I will be spending quite a bit, even though am being far pickier now and only going for my favourite looks and stores as they update or (mostly) put out new designs.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Vision is updating to LaraX. I don't know if it will be everything, but just got news that the Mell dress & jacket have been updated and I bought that set a couple of years ago (even from before the Covid-19 period).

Even, the update is free.

Oh, hooray! I had bought both the dress and the jacket as fatpacks a couple of years ago, so I will definitely be getting a redelivery. That is great news!

ETA: Turns out that I had bought the Mell outfit megapack, which also includes the boots, which apparently still fit LaraX! Here's what I look like wearing it, below. The fatpack of the dress, jacket and boots comes in 30 colours, and the dress itself comes in two versions in the pack, cotton or satin, and it includes optional panties. It's an outfit I turn to time and again!

P.S. the rigging is INSANELY good; once I was falling from a great height due to a vanished skybox, and the hem of the skirt on the dress actually fluttered! From that point on, I was a loyal ViSion customer. I mean, who thinks of details like that when creating clothing??

Mell LaraX.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 3

I just haven't been paying attention I guess.  The last update I have for Lara is the 5.0.  So I guess I missed 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 completely.  And now, of course when I go to redelivery I get the Lara X which I personally don't like very much.  Seems like the fat ass/big boob trend has hit Lara big time. I don't care for that style of body.  I guess it really doesn't matter as I just don't shop much anymore.  When I feel like wearing something new(which doesn't happen all that much) I just explore my inventory which has tons of things I've never worn before in it.  

But I am curious, did Lara change much between 5.0 and 5.3?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I just haven't been paying attention I guess.  The last update I have for Lara is the 5.0.  So I guess I missed 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 completely.  And now, of course when I go to redelivery I get the Lara X which I personally don't like very much.  Seems like the fat ass/big boob trend has hit Lara big time. I don't care for that style of body.  I guess it really doesn't matter as I just don't shop much anymore.  When I feel like wearing something new(which doesn't happen all that much) I just explore my inventory which has tons of things I've never worn before in it.  

There is a HUD in the redelivery package called "Maitreya Mesh Body - LaraX Extras Unpacker HUD" which will allow you to unpack and receive the Lara v5.3 package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Fiddle a bit with the buttsize, saddle bags and hip lenght and you get a less pronounced butt

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Seems like the fat ass/big boob trend has hit Lara big time.

I think this is an extremely unfair characterization. If you put on LaraX using a shape made for Lara 3.x, it's going to look different of course. If you take some time to see how the sliders react with this body, I think you'll be surprised at just how trim your avatar's appearance can be with LaraX.

Of course, I don't care which body you choose to use. I just think you might benefit from seeing what the body is actually capable of before coming to a conclusion.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think this is an extremely unfair characterization. If you put on LaraX using a shape made for Lara 3.x, it's going to look different of course. If you take some time to see how the sliders react with this body, I think you'll be surprised at just how trim your avatar's appearance can be with LaraX.

Of course, I don't care which body you choose to use. I just think you might benefit from seeing what the body is actually capable of before coming to a conclusion.

You're right.  After looking at the pictures in that other thread, I think maybe my initial reaction was premature.  The improved shoulders alone might make it worthwhile to tweak the shape and see how it goes.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

You can still have 5.3 delivered from the LaraX extras HUD. There are some changes on the HUD from 5.2 to 5.3. Changes from 5.0 to 5.3 probably include the separation of applier layers, so you don't have to use any of them if you only use BOM or can just use the ones you want. There is also the optional BOM layer, which hides toes, belly button, and camel toe, when using BOM clothing.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

You're right.  After looking at the pictures in that other thread, I think maybe my initial reaction was premature.  The improved shoulders alone might make it worthwhile to tweak the shape and see how it goes.

I was totally in the same camp for a while @kali Wylder then lengthened my hips quite a bit and got rid of the butt issue, and the rest mostly fell into place using ta standard 8:1 artist ratio proportions. I was helped by many folks on the thread here, but the gist of it is small hip length = squished up bubble butt, longer hips, leaner tush. Keep fiddling, I'm really happy now with it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm not speaking for Maitreya, but in all the years I've shopped at Maitreya, I've never seen her charge for an update. 

i think this is the main reason for its dominance in the body space, Dominance founded on trust between Maitreya and their customers. Trust which leads to brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is a valuable thing. When a brand moves to make changes then loyalty leads customers to move with the brand

• Like 8

On 11/23/2023 at 9:09 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I believe that was in one of the recent notices in the lara friends group I read last night. They may have a link or name in there for it.

I found it by asking in the Maitreya Lara friends group chat for the link.

11 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

i think this is the main reason for its dominance in the body space, Dominance founded on trust between Maitreya and their customers. Trust which leads to brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is a valuable thing. When a brand moves to make changes then loyalty leads customers to move with the brand

I agree.  I was already a Maitreya customer back when they only made shoes.  I followed them as they branched out to hair and jumped on board when they released the first Lara body.  Despite my initial grumbling about LaraX, I'm sure I'll be sticking with them.

• Like 6