LaraX?

Rowan Amore

8 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I really like the included Velour skins in package for the bodies

me too. I bommed the velour to my 5.3 and the velour fits a little bit better than this other olden days skin I was using to bom with. And the Rebirth gift head I have with the neck fixer is way more seamless looking than the other, so I don't have to wear a choker anymore if I don't want too

so altogether I am pretty happy to get the LaraX free update just for the velour skin. I did wonder if was going to be a free update and am pretty happy that it is

the LaraX body is really nice, but yeah I only got a handful of clothes for it (like most everyone else) so will take a while for me to transition completely

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kplh said:

Anyone else finding Dimples of Venus agressively deep?

Jntd1Np.png

Yes, very much so. Even without the Velour and using my normal TheSkinnery BoM skin, they're too sharp and harsh looking. This is, thankfully, about the only flaw i noticed on the new body though, but does need a fix.

May have partly been the lighting/EEP though to some degree, this morning with my TheSkinnery skin was less harsh looking. Will post screen shot later.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Lara (I did use a thicker leg ratio to get rid of thigh gap in Lara and X is my normal setting) I know you are all just squirming at my proportions interestingly in the Lara X my rings do not fit.. I did not change any body settings. I will investigate other rings.

snapshot

snapshot

Lara X

snapshot

snapshot

As usual... update comes in when I'm asleep lol... but wow, the curviness looks really sweet and smooth here! Can't wait to test it on myself. I don't have any LaraX stuff yet, I think there are some group gifts with it so I'll check later. 0_0

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Hm, okay so I got the LaraX and LaraPetiteX and I can't wear ANYTHING I own with them. Nothing. So I won't wear it 😟 
I thought....or more, was hoping that the changes only are minimal, but they are pretty severe, at least to me.

Hm, now I'm sad 😔

Aww I do feel for you. And your avi is beautiful!

I have a lot of favourites and very old stuff that I'm sure won't get updates.

So I will make a new folder for all Lara X, all old clothes will go into Lara 5.3 folder. In my outfits I will have a simple basic outfit with Lara 5.3 to go with those.

It's like having a fresh start this way. I am already used to running a few bodies alongside each other... which probably helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can wear a lot with the new body, because I own a lot that can use alpha cuts on the new body.

Unsurprising, all lingerie, swimwear and tops with only straps over the shoulders do not fit. It was as expected.

Lace tops that can not use alpha, is also out of the question.

But I am the queen of sweaters and other "modest" clothes, so I can continue to use a lot of clothes.

Auto alpha in the clothes is going to be a nuisance. I will have to make save sticks with the new alpha cuts, but I suppose I must click "show all" first in the Maitreya HUD and then use the save stick.

I have not tested a save stick.

• Like 5

The DAY is here!!!!

YAY or WAAAAAAH

I dunno ... should I be happies that the new body is here or not?

Most of my time in Pixelland I had a lara body. So I just assumed that the sumtimes weird things she did in certain poses where issues all bodies had and th shoulders I neva saw.

Now I do and I'm drawn between sumthing new or staying as I am and simply ingoring all the issues.

"Loosing" 50% of my clothes or possible more, since my clothes tend to be a bit more revealing or tight fitting does not make me bounce with happyness.

On the other hand juggling 2 bodies and see which one fits best with the clothes I wanna wear. Also not funs.

I will grab it laters and see how I like it.

• Like 1

Lace - can not use alpha to fix this part. I didn't alpha the arms here, that is super easy to do, but the lace is what makes the gown special.

toksiksale_007.png.bbecabb9244024e1943dc131366129de.png

But only lace edges goes well.

toksiksale_005.png.1893c6f8c6a1015a9062517956352f09.png

I have saved demos, so I can shop if it is a Black Friday sale now. The store is Toksik. I might buy the top gown and use it with Lara 5.3... I like it so much. Or I only buy the velvet bolero.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I can wear a lot with the new body, because I own a lot that can use alpha cuts on the new body.

Unsurprising, all lingerie, swimwear and tops with only straps over the shoulders do not fit. It was as expected.

Lace tops that can not use alpha, is also out of the question.

But I am the queen of sweaters and other "modest" clothes, so I can continue to use a lot of clothes.

Auto alpha in the clothes is going to be a nuisance. I will have to make save sticks with the new alpha cuts, but I suppose I must click "show all" first in the Maitreya HUD and then use the save stick.

I have not tested a save stick.

Thanks, Marianne! I, too, tend towards more modest stuff. Full-length sleeves and full-length pants should be okay, although you're going to have to make good use of the alpha HUD. Any skin-tight clothing, such as T-shirts, is probably going to have problems in the shoulder, armpit, and upper arm areas, because they are very different from the original Lara body.

I *LOVE* this new body! However, I am probably going to do what I did when I bought the Inithium Khara body at one of their L$1,000 one-hour flash sales this past summer, which is just sit and wait for the freebies and cheapies, instead of spending a small fortune on new apparel!

If you need something to wear, don't forget that the free Gigi bodycon dress fatpack at the Maitreya store has been updated to fit LaraX and PetiteX! Here's what it looks like on my LaraX body:

Gigi Bodycon dress.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

@Dreamer Pixelmaid told me that apparel maker Dead Doll has stated that "Maitreya Lara X is already available as a free update for customers who have purchased previous Maitreya Lara versions."

This is great! Anybody know of any other clothing creators who have done this behind-the-scenes work for their Lara apparel?

Yay, among my faves!!!!

EDIT: I have just redelivered all eight of the things I bought there and none seem updated. They don't have a LaraX size in them at all. Here's the Notice from the group:

Will old releases for lara 5.3 be updated to lara X?
There will NOT be a systematic of old products created for Lara 5.3 to Lara X. Unfortunately I can not afford to add more working hours to my current schedule, with 8 years of past creations to update I am unable to commit my efforts for the enhancement of old products. I might sporadically update older products, there is not a schedule or list of products, these updates will happen at my discretion.

Moving forward all Dead Doll releases will ONLY support Lara X and Petite X.

Given how popular she is, this makes total sense. I assume many other brands will follow suit, given the enormous amount of work it would take to re-rig older clothes. Save your Lindens girls, it's shopping time soon!

We really should start a list of the major brands that have started to update their clothing.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

The butt has grown quite a lot, both in width and volume. For us skinny folks that's kind of a big deal. 

Before:

Snapshot-003.png

After:

Snapshot-002.png

Not sure if there's such a thing as a butt width deformer, or if I'll have to push the hips in and then use a stronger thigh gap deformer to keep the legs from clipping into each other.

I do like the flank profile being smoother though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

The butt has grown quite a lot, both in width and volume. For us skinny folks that's kind of a big deal. 

Before:

Snapshot-003.png

After:

Snapshot-002.png

Not sure if there's such a thing as a butt width deformer, or if I'll have to push the hips in and then use a stronger thigh gap deformer to keep the legs from clipping into each other.

I noticed that and had to dial the hip with way down to get back to suitable proportions. I will be spending a few hours just tweaking sliders to get exactly back to my previous look below the shoulders, but have made decent enough progress to save a new shape. Petite's breasts never get round btw, and the same smaller breast issue persists with regular Lara; dial the breast size down too much and it looks distorted flat.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Before:

Snapshot-003.png

After:

Snapshot-002.png

There is not such a thing as a butt width deformer, no. You generally translate the hip bones in and out to achieve deformation there, you've got the right idea with the thigh gap deformers. Many thigh gap deformers also move your knees in/out as well, sometimes they do this exclusively instead of moving the hips. "Saddle bags" should also make a pretty obvious difference here in your shape.

I did expect to have to tame LaraX's butt but the good news is that I *think* the butt now responds to 'Butt' bone translation/rotation (since they said they have enabled physics) so it should be possible to tame it more than on Lara 5.3 where your only option was to translate/rotate the Pelvis bone which was quite limited and often pushed out the belly as a consequence. This will only really be useful for in/out movement though, not width.

I will be experimenting tonight with all the deformer options, I know I'm not going to be satisfied with how it looks stock hehe

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

If the designer used AutoHide v5 you can reconfigure it to go with LaraX.

I don't know yet how to do that but will find out.

Manually alter the alpha cuts to suit the item, make sure you take off any other autohide items, so the cuts used are JUST the ones for that item.

In local chat:

/95 [partial name of the item] menu

Then you click the buttons to get the alpha cut settings from the body, and finalise. Then take it off, unhide all the cuts, re-add the item and check it's correct, if not, rinse and repeat.

Assuming it uses autohide 5.x, not 3.x or 4.x which if in no mod Real-Lara clothing means you're screwed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3