Any Thoughts on what the concept of 1000 Island dressing might be?

Trinity Aironaut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

When Patch was talking at the Lab Gab he mentioned that he was going to start naming these houses after salad dressing, like Ranch, Thousand Island, etc. Do you think that was a hint? If so, what do you think it  is? I have my own thoughts but I'd love to hear some others........

Underwater?

With thousand island dressing going nice with prawns. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
on with on with ???!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Yes, I love Patch but the clues sometimes does my head in. I really liked the last theme clue where he said Ranch.. and boom, it was Ranch! THANK YOU PATCH.

Well with that kind of literal revelation in mind, if they present us with the literal Thousand Islands, New York situation?  I AM SO IN!!!!! ❤️

friendly-island-new-york.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
4 minutes ago, Lyric Demina said:

Well with that kind of literal revelation in mind, if they present us with the literal Thousand Islands, New York situation?  I AM SO IN!!!!! ❤️

friendly-island-new-york.jpg

To make that work in a Linden Homes environment smoosh all those islands in that picture in a quarter of that space or less and remove all the trees, deco, everything. Bare islands all jammed up close together. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

To make that work in a Linden Homes environment smoosh all those islands in that picture in a quarter of that space or less and remove all the trees, deco, everything. Bare islands all jammed up close together. 

If the LDPW were going to try to squish 12 island homes into a region, and these houses are clearly stucco & maybe have red tiled roofs, they might as well just make it Venetian. I don't think that will be the next theme, though.

• Like 4

• Moles

I can't tell you when the next theme is coming out, but I can tell you when it is not coming out (if there is a rumor that it setting up unreasonable expectations). Like if there were a rumor that the next theme was releasing tomorrow I can tell you "No, it is not releasing tomorrow."  In the same way I can't tell you what it will be... but I can tell you what it won't be for the same reason. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

@Abnor Mole Is it coming out before 2024?

Why go there?  Remember last fall, when Patch was pressed as to release timing, and he hinted that they were hoping to get all the enhancements to existing themes out by the end of the year, and therefore maybe the first 2048 theme would follow soon after the first of the year?

Or, as it turns out, maybe not!

A lot can happen over a period of months.  Ranches were JUST released.  Personally, I would be surprised if a new theme were released before the end of the year, but there's no law against surprises. 

There are 3 new regions being worked on up in the SSP area, SSP4500, 4534 & 4535.  That's a new numbering series, so ordinarily I would say those probably are a new theme.  But I no longer feel confident that new themes are necessarily being developed up there. Patience is a virtue 😇

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

1000 Island Dressing..

Hmm...

"Land of 1000 Dances" - song - dance clubs!

1000 in French is "Mille".. French Dressing.. French chateaus!

1000m high skyboxes!

"House of 1000 Corpses" - Horror Theme!

"1000 dalmatians", either it'll be doghouses, or in the theme of 1000 dalmatians.

-methode-sundaytimes-prod-web-bin-fad88b16-bc5a-11ea-a887-36f8a2091922.jpg

• Haha 1

Well, I don't know if it is any point in guessing for me. I think the new theme will not be what I want anyway.

It will not have enough water.

It will not have big windows.

It will be a mix of previous elements from styles presenting as new.

That is what I feel about ranches. It gave me a feeling of Trads mixed with Log homes, sized up to Vic homeplans. I could say it is a mix of the best previous themes, turned into the best theme yet. That would be true but...

They didn't excite me. I wanted something new, modern and with a luxury feeling. But many people love their ranches, and a business have to think about the majority. It's not about individuals.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It will be a mix of previous elements from styles presenting as new.

That is what I feel about ranches. It gave me a feeling of Trads mixed with Log homes, sized up to Vic homeplans. I could say it is a mix of the best previous themes, turned into the best theme yet.

That's exactly what I thought!

Being from Europe, alot of the Linden Home styles look too similar to me. From a European perspective, many houses are just a variation of the same thing, with some different details, landscaping or colorscheme.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Linden Homes, but I'm ready for a theme that's totally different. I would really like to see some brick houses, or something Mediterranean.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Isnt the Stilts regions already the "1000 islands"?

Victorians would be French Vinaigrette.

Trads would be plain Mayonnaise.

Newbrookes would be Wholefood certified-organic vegan pesto with extra-virgin olive oil

Sakuras would be Teriyaki dressing

Chalets would be sauerkraut. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Isnt the Stilts regions already the "1000 islands"?

Victorians would be French Vinaigrette.

Trads would be plain Mayonnaise.

Newbrookes would be Wholefood certified-organic vegan pesto with extra-virgin olive oil

Sakuras would be Teriyaki dressing

Chalets would be sauerkraut. 😁

Mayo is a classic, goes with everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:52 AM, Tary Allen said:

I don't have a clue about what the new theme will be or when, but I guess it will be soon 🙂 

But it seems that something like the Vics in 2048 land would be a huge hit. 

I agree :)  and actually ANY of the already-released themes on 2048 would be really really good.  All the themes are so well done and well landscaped and well presented, just having that extra land-or-water / prim allowance on what we already have would be SUUUUUUUUPER.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.