You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Orwar said:

.. But yes, if you'd be as kind as to hand over that there church silver without causing too much of a bother, I'll make sure that the monks will be sold to a thrall-driver that isn't too sadistic!

Hey! Orwar! Leave our monks alone 🥺

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Well, Orwar can sail over from Norway...but he'd better be careful if he tries to mess with the Celts...right @Krystina Ferraris and @SorachaNicEoghain?? 🤩

I’m ready! Got my gear ready and he better take us Iceland not Sweden… I want an Icelandic pony 🐴

Maybe that’s how the vikings lured all those ancient Irish women onto their boats… showed them a land full of ponies? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

for those who are about to be Mentors for the first time then be prepared for multiple conversations with multiple avatars all at the same time in open chat (and voice if you voice enabled)

the key to managing multiple conversations is to include the avatar's name in your responses, so everyone knows to who the response is directed. Like:

charlie, Hi welcome :)

betty, press Up Arrow key to move your avatar. Left and Right Arrows to turn

zoob35, for the sexy times, menu: Me \ Preferences \ General \ I want to access content rated: Adult

gedorf, thank you, all the best to you too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

for those who are about to be Mentors for the first time then be prepared for multiple conversations with multiple avatars all at the same time in open chat (and voice if you voice enabled)

the key to managing multiple conversations is to include the avatar's name in your responses, so everyone knows to who the response is directed. Like:

charlie, Hi welcome :)

betty, press Up Arrow key to move your avatar. Left and Right Arrows to turn

zoob35, for the sexy times, menu: Me \ Preferences \ General \ I want to access content rated: Adult

gedorf, thank you, all the best to you too

Sounds like great training to be a Club Manager / Greeter / "Event Director".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I’m ready! Got my gear ready and he better take us Iceland not Sweden… I want an Icelandic pony 🐴

We do have that breed in Sweden too, though. 

undefined

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the venue. In clubs with music with a DJ or host  He/She keeps the conversation going in local.  If you go somewhere and they are standing around then they are either in private conversations or AFK.  This happens especially on beaches.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 3:17 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

"Hello"? Good luck with that!

I need a HELLO!
I'm holdin' out for a HELLO by the end of the night
I don't care if he's strong, I don't care if he's fast
He's just gotta get the greeting right!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

In Fortnite, there's chat in voice between squad members. When it comes to chatting, Fortnite is much more social than SL.

If you think a bunch of toxic pvp addicted leet gamer bro dudes screaming "Look out they have a sniper" or "killed you again bro, you are so lame" is being "social" you need help with your anti-social issues,.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If you think a bunch of toxic pvp addicted leet gamer bro dudes screaming "Look out they have a sniper" or "killed you again bro, you are so lame" is being "social" you need help with your anti-social issues,.

It's not all dudes. Further, the discussion isn't all about the game and covers other subjects. it's chatting and it tends to drift.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

In Fortnite, there's chat in voice between squad members. When it comes to chatting, Fortnite is much more social than SL.

In most games with online elements it's a posibility for a long while now. Most people have it off and it's one of the endless complaints of those who have it on if you check related games' forums and/or communities (like on reddit and such). In games that actually show if someone has it on/off I've played, like some kind of UI symbol, from my personal experience I also see it being turned off in almost all cases when it comes to random games with random people. Friends lobbies/parties/teams are another story, of course.

Doesn't mean there are no random people using it, some do, just like in SL. So Coffee's message you've quoted is correct.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, Randall Ahren said:

In SL I would rather not hear someone's voice. Especially a dude with a woman avatar who thinks he sounds feminine who sounds like Mrs Doubtfire.

Edited by ballparkdogg
Enter too quick

1 hour ago, ballparkdogg said:

In SL I would rather not hear someone's voice. Especially a dude with a woman avatar who thinks he sounds feminine who sounds like Mrs Doubtfire.

Fortnite players strongly prefer female avatars. It's because female avatars have smaller profiles, making it possible for them to slip through smaller crevices and present smaller targets when fired at.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

Fortnite players strongly prefer female avatars. It's because female avatars have smaller profiles, making it possible for them to slip through smaller crevices and present smaller targets when fired at.

I have never played it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.