Legacy Classic Mesh Body not free anymore?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wasn't there some limitation to the free version like the hud missed certain features one had to buy to upgrade?

I don't remember there being any limitations other than if you never owned the paid TMP any style options you bought for their in-house clobber don't come up in the TMP Classic hud. there were two versions of the body one had an extra style hud/editor while both used to be free I don't believe the one with the extra huds is anymore 

From my distant memory of picking it up for an alt in about 2018, you had to pay the vendor L$1. Whether that got refunded or not, I don't recall.

I do recall that I was able to tolerate using it for about a week before giving up and buying Belleza Jake.

You can always check what group you need to belong to by right-clicking the vendor, selecting "edit" and checking what group it's set to.  I got into this habit at Scandalize, which seems to change the group every other week.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wasn't there some limitation to the free version like the hud missed certain features one had to buy to upgrade?

Yeah, I remembered this too, and to investigate further I had to figure out which alt I strapped with this body for a while. Turns out he almost immediately hit a roadblock that required pouring a not insignificant amount of L$ into replacing his "[Classic] Meshbody (m) Gift Edition (1.2)" with a "[Classic] Meshbody (m) Creative Edition (1.0)" that came with the additional "Advanced Material Editor (Optional) (1.0)" HUD (and nothing else additional, as far as I recall). This is described in their FAQ notecard thusly:

How can I add a custom texture, bump, spec, or adjust full-bright/glow?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wear the Advanced Material Editor included with your purchase, and follow the tutorial upon first wear. You can always get back to the tutorial by clicking on the '?' Icon. Simply detach, or click the 'X' when you’re finished editing. Using the Advanced Material Editor is only optional. You access skins, shine, & bump presets by strictly using the [Edit] HUD. 

(Not included with Meshbody Classic Gift Edition)

I do not recommend spending the extra for this, even though it did what I bought it for (albeit in the most unintuitive way imaginable, as with all things Legacy). That's because there's practically no mesh content for the Classic body that's been introduced for years, so unless the plan is to wear only your own clothes, you'll almost immediately want to replace the body anyway.

So yeah, I agree with @Maitimo: It's good for about a week, then due for a replacement—and what's more, I agree with Belleza Jake as the replacement (even though this poor, long-suffering alt got a Legacy, for hands-on experience with that body). The principle virtue of Belleza is that there's a Modifiable version included, which is infinitely useful and preferable to any possible no-Mod mesh body.

• Thanks 3

Second Life can act up and do unexpected things. I had a thread about gifts in a store that did not show, not even in area search.

Well, the same happened yesterday. I came to a store with the first avatar, I joined the group and got the gift. Then I logged in the second avatar. I was standing in front of the wall where the gift board was just a few hours before. I turned on transparent, , I tried wireframe, I clicked the wall, I used area search for the gift name. Nothing, nada, it was like it had never been there.

Then I logged in avatar 3, and she can see the gift board as soon as she walk in. 

So it is absolutely possible that @Ingrid Ingersollcan't get the free body, and others go there, wear the group tag and everything works. It is just SL.

• Like 1

I found that if you go here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Meshbody/130/118/47 and turn around, you see a display that allows you to pick a gender and sit teleport

meshbody_001.thumb.jpg.fddddcf5b8d0916b887cc7ed20b56125.jpg

to here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Meshbody/34/118/112  (for women) where you can get the free body (if you are  wearing the correct group tag).

meshbody_002.thumb.jpg.a3bf990ca6a4aa7733b2e1ea84829e02.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Weirdly, im able to get the body on other accounts but not my oldest. I thought I'd dust her off and give her a make over but nope. Ruthed forever.

☺️

Be sure to follow the slurl Diamond posted. It is a different from the regular store slurl. Both stores look the same except hers has the free body.

I had trouble finding it myself. It's somewhere else not in the area that sign is I think if anybody knows what I am talking about lol. I looked round and round that room and the free one was in another room. But then I live in my own reality that may not match others.

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Be sure to follow the slurl Diamond posted. It is a different from the regular store slurl. Both stores look the same except hers has the free body.

Ah ha! That's what I was struggling to say! Someone gave me a landmark to the "free body" once and I could not find it anywhere... it's wrong room! He gave me wrong landmark! But yea the rooms look very similar. 

42 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I went there and got my alt it,  but uhm,  the clothing options I'm finding do not seem to fit it...  legacy body but legacy clothing not fitting?  any ideas?

Yes, Legacy does not fit, because the freebie isn't Legacy. The freebie has its own name: Meshbody Classic.

Some stores make sizes for it, but very few. Older TMP clothes fit quite well, but older items often have lower quality.

You can try searching meshbody AND classic on the Marketplace. 

• Like 1

In case it helps, the object is:
secondlife:///app/objectim/e1a7e0db-b756-440f-43f0-e5763a067002?name=Get%20%5BCLASSIC%5D%20Meshbody%20%28f%29%20Gift%20Edition&owner=1c3b4c9e-1882-4810-9fc3-cce7897b3238&slurl=Meshbody/32.738180/127.338300/112.670500
which should function as a teleport destination when pasted into Local Chat (or an IM box to an alt, etc). Some viewers will let you mouse-right on the object text to zoom into the location or even touch it remotely.

But also must first join and activate their group
secondlife:///app/group/62324162-b5a6-3521-5c5e-f44fae20c4a2/about
—that's another in-world viewer URI string. It should prompt for that anyway.

Now I see they also have some "Gift" edition of Legacy available at the landing. I haven't tried that one yet.
[EDIT: Scratch that. "Gift" costs L$5000, and is apparently some kludgy way of redirecting the purchase to another avatar after paying for it. What did I say about Legacy and doing everything the most unintuitive way possible?]

Edited by Qie Niangao

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Some stores make sizes for it, but very few. Older TMP clothes fit quite well, but older items often have lower quality.

I was able to use some Maitreya clothing. Had to do alpha manually using the hud and adjust my bust size but got it to work.

Pants are Blueberry - Aria - Stylized Pants - Blueberrybooty - Maitreya

Top is Blueberry - December Gift - Laced Tops - Maitreya

LeLutka Meshbody_001.png

LeLutka Meshbody_002.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

In case it helps, the object is:
secondlife:///app/objectim/e1a7e0db-b756-440f-43f0-e5763a067002?name=Get%20%5BCLASSIC%5D%20Meshbody%20%28f%29%20Gift%20Edition&owner=1c3b4c9e-1882-4810-9fc3-cce7897b3238&slurl=Meshbody/32.738180/127.338300/112.670500
which should function as a teleport destination when pasted into Local Chat (or an IM box to an alt, etc). Some viewers will let you mouse-right on the object text to zoom into the location or even touch it remotely.

But also must first join and activate their group
secondlife:///app/group/62324162-b5a6-3521-5c5e-f44fae20c4a2/about
—that's another in-world viewer URI string. It should prompt for that anyway.

Now I see they also have some "Gift" edition of Legacy available at the landing. I haven't tried that one yet.
[EDIT: Scratch that. "Gift" costs L$5000, and is apparently some kludgy way of redirecting the purchase to another avatar after paying for it. What did I say about Legacy and doing everything the most unintuitive way possible?]

I did not pay anything for the gift body at all and looked at my transaction page and no transactions made,  so dono what you found.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.