Items I've seen in Opensim and not Second Life

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are a couple of things that are in Opensim that I have not seen in Second Life and maybe I'm missing it or maybe it just hasn't been done. Both are kind of "cool to have". 

1. A couple dance ball with the ability to rez a dance partner.  This is a staple in Opensim but I've never seen one in Second Life.

2. Cloning pole dancer. You would dress your avatar how you wanted with clothes, hair etc and then rez the Dance pole and it would clone an exact copy of you dancing on the pole. 

I have no idea if the code is different for Opensim that allows this or just that no one has created anything like this here. 

Thought I would ask and see if anyone has any insight if there are anything like this in Second Life and where I might find it.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

27 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

1. A couple dance ball with the ability to rez a dance partner.  This is a staple in Opensim but I've never seen one in Second Life.

Similar thing exists now with Animesh, dance with it or have sex etc.. ( not NPC avatar like in OS)

• Like 3

Aside from installing a server on my machine once just because I could, and then realizing I had nothing to put in it, I haven't really messed with Opensim.

However, I have it on good account that they do in fact have at least one thing in Opensim that I've never seen in Second Life, and they can just keep it there. A few of my friends, one of whom actually migrated to SL from Opensim, have at times remarked upon how Second Life is actually more appealing to them because it doesn't have a bunch of child-avi-specific "adult" activity taking place out in the open, while they had seen plenty of it in Opensim, and had been disgusted by it.

Seeing as I have trouble even swimming at the beach or dancing at a club without people trying to get all up on me already (in IMs, of course), I would probably not enjoy Opensim very much at all, if it's that nasty.

Edited by PheebyKatz

14 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Aside from installing a server on my machine once just because I could, and then realizing I had nothing to put in it, I haven't really messed with Opensim.

However, I have it on good account that they do in fact have at least one thing in Opensim that I've never seen in Second Life, and they can just keep it there. A few of my friends, one of whom actually migrated to SL from Opensim, have at times remarked upon how Second Life is actually more appealing to them because it doesn't have a bunch of child-avi-specific "adult" activity taking place out in the open, while they had seen plenty of it in Opensim, and had been disgusted by it.

Seeing as I have trouble even swimming at the beach or dancing at a club without people trying to get all up on me already (in IMs, of course), I would probably not enjoy Opensim very much at all, if it's that nasty.

This really has nothing to do with the topic of the original question at all. I don't want this to become a discussion about how SL is better than Opensim. It's specifically about the two items that I posted about. Try to keep your comments centered around that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Kathlen Onyx changed the title to Items I've seen in Opensim and not Second Life
15 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This really has nothing to do with the topic of the original question at all. I don't want this to become a discussion about how SL is better than Opensim. It's specifically about the two items that I posted about. Try to keep your comments centered around that.

Okay, the thread is specifically about two things you mentioned, and not about what anyone else has seen in Opensim and not Second Life. Interesting topic, thanks for making a whole thread to tell everyone about something you like about Opensim, and limiting it to the discussion of the two specific things you saw and liked. Your thread, your rules, see ya~!

After all, we can't go saying we like SL better, that would mean we were discussing our own interest in Second Life, on forums which exist for discussing Second Life.

Bye.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Similar thing exists now with Animesh, dance with it or have sex etc.. ( not NPC avatar like in OS)

The Amimesh ones are cool where you can dance next to them. It was kinda fun to rez a NPC from the dance ball and couple dance with an NPC. I was surprised I hadn't seen this here.  The only thing I've seen is Bot dancers which I think is a regular account turned into a bot account?? I don't know much about those but that was the closest I'd seen and the owner had to actually log them in. 

39 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Okay, the thread is specifically about two things you mentioned, and not about what anyone else has seen in Opensim and not Second Life. Interesting topic, thanks for making a whole thread to tell everyone about something you like about Opensim, and limiting it to the discussion of the two specific things you saw and liked. Your thread, your rules, see ya~!

After all, we can't go saying we like SL better, that would mean we were discussing our own interest in Second Life, on forums which exist for discussing Second Life.

Bye.

Well to be fair, when the OP is talking about finding specific items, and someone else immediately starts talking about ***play, it is kind of derailing the thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

2. Cloning pole dancer. You would dress your avatar how you wanted with clothes, hair etc and then rez the Dance pole and it would clone an exact copy of you dancing on the pole. 

I have no idea if the code is different for Opensim that allows this or just that no one has created anything like this here.

That would be a copybot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

There are a couple of things that are in Opensim that I have not seen in Second Life and maybe I'm missing it or maybe it just hasn't been done. Both are kind of "cool to have". 

Thought I would ask and see if anyone has any insight if there are anything like this in Second Life and where I might find it.

Which version?

OK so prob silly to ask there are so many. Yeah its all from the dead fork that was inSomething. No you will not find it in SL. In a legit form

• Like 1

The first one is pretty easy actually and I've done something very similar for my own uses.  I modified an animesh dancer (the tuxedo'd guy from Dench Designs called Stephen) and replaced its script with my own animesh AO script and then linked him with a pose ball with a more regular dance script for the partner to jump on.  When I rez the object he is there waiting for someone to jump on the other poseball and when they do and touch him the dancing starts.  I can put whatever dance anims I like into it for each side and it currently will sync at the start of each dance.

887662565_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_002.thumb.jpg.5fb202ac932b4a7d0813942c94a05731.jpg

1901643558_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_003.thumb.jpg.e1302be46d2e32861e2e69a4fa57f187.jpg

1374317446_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_004.thumb.jpg.b0f1434b12b46d0617b5473893e16e12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The first one is pretty easy actually and I've done something very similar for my own uses.  I modified an animesh dancer (the tuxedo'd guy from Dench Designs called Stephen) and replaced its script with my own animesh AO script and then linked him with a pose ball with a more regular dance script for the partner to jump on.  When I rez the object he is there waiting for someone to jump on the other poseball and when they do and touch him the dancing starts.  I can put whatever dance anims I like into it for each side and it currently will sync at the start of each dance.

887662565_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_002.thumb.jpg.5fb202ac932b4a7d0813942c94a05731.jpg

1901643558_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_003.thumb.jpg.e1302be46d2e32861e2e69a4fa57f187.jpg

1374317446_GabrieleandStephenAnimeshPoseball_004.thumb.jpg.b0f1434b12b46d0617b5473893e16e12.jpg

Does he hit on you in IM while dancing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

#1 is just sad. I used to be in that situation a lot, though, as I had no one to slow dance with most of the time. In that situation though, I just used an alt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

#1 is just sad. I used to be in that situation a lot, though, as I had no one to slow dance with most of the time. In that situation though, I just used an alt.

OH it wasn't sad. :) They had one that looked like Jack from Pirates of the Caribbean. I just made him my dancing BF for the night and ran with it. It was actually kinda fun.

3 minutes ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Some demos there I've seen a npc drop down from the sky with the demo on. Then It poofs in time. 

I think I saw one of the dance npc. 

I'll have to check again. Do you remember which grid?

They are on all grids and really the only couple dance balls they use. I figured it was something that someone copybotted or got from here. That's why I was surprised SL didn't have one.

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

They are on all grids and really the only couple dance balls they use. I figured it was something that someone copybotted or got from here. That's why I was surprised SL didn't have one.

Just hit me in the head..I remember something here in SL. It's closed now but I think it was a jazz or blues place. You can dance with a npc. I think it was called Bray's? 

Or maybe it was animesh, due to what Ariell said about the code.

Edited by blissfulbreeze

1 hour ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Just hit me in the head..I remember something here in SL. It's closed now but I think it was a jazz or blues place. You can dance with a npc. I think it was called Bray's? 

Or maybe it was animesh, due to what Ariell said about the code.

Yes, at Bray's she had the NPC bots but they were regular accounts and I think you had to pay $L to make them a bot account? She would rez them out and you could dance with them. Same premise I think just the avatar is standing there already. You could talk in local to them and they would say things back. The male one she had was Halsey and very good looking if I might add. lol It was nice to go there and dance with another avatar without having to have two accounts running to dance with an alt.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.