Drivers Ed comes to SL.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ref: Driver's Ed comes to SL.

The Bellessarian Bureauย  of Bureaucracy is issuing drivers' licenses. So far, they don't have a road test.

Drivers of SLย  has a road test that works. Last weekend's drive includes it. You add a HUD, and it gives turn by turn navigation while checking your driving precision. Maybe the BBB and Drivers can connect and get a Drivers HUD made up for their road test route.

Here's my tutorial on how to drive in Second Life. Many people have a terrible time driving around SL, but it's a learnable skill. It does take some practice. Then you can zip around much of mainland SL at 100kph or better. Not Bellessaria, though, which lacks through roads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

What about the 2nd amendment of SL that states that every resident can drive a vehicle without a licence in SL?
Where is my pitch fork, I will defend my rights in world if needed.

๐Ÿ˜Š
ย 

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Clearly I TP around too much. I have no idea what any of this means.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

ย  ย Wroom wroom!

ย 

ย  ย Nah, but yeah, youย canย traverse the grid with vehicles (or on foot), y'know. And whilst a driver's license isn't by any means required (nor is the passport), it's just one of those fun things to make everyday SL-life (yeah, I know that spells out 'Second Life-life' - and that abbreviating it to then write it out in full, along with an extended live commentary, isn't necessarily as efficient as just not abbreviating it at all. But I wanna). Um, where was I? Oh, yeah, makes SL-life more interactive!ย 

ย  ย Of course, having a license only matters if the rozzers can keep up. Or if you don't know how to flirt your way out of a sticky situation.ย 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would like to apply as an employee for the bureaucrazy bureau, to keep it close to RL.

My qualifications are:
- I wont answer the phone, never.
- I wont answer emails or IMs. If i do, then i only send text modules, little or not related at all to the clients actual request.
- The drivers license processing and approval time will be a few days/weeks for friends, and a few months for everyone else.
- The office business hours will be: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM from monday to thursday.

Kind Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wait, does this mean I get to watch that dated scare films showing car crashes and mangled bodies from the 1950s and 60s to warn us all about careless driving again like we did in driver's ed class in the 70s?

I know you were supposed to go "Ewww" but most of us were like, "Coooooll", that poor person looks just like a twisted ragdoll.

Sign me up!

:)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, frankjwilson said:

Do any vehicles in SL have gears that work realistically? The ones I have tried had gears that affected only speed, not torque. To go uphill, I needed to upshift, not downshift.

Yes, there are! I just finished a grid drive and got a sweet limited edition camo truck that is super realistic as the payment! Join Drivers of SL! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿš™

Edited by PheonixRising1979
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.